[WIP] Weapon Addition and Replacement Suite (WARS)

antistar

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Inconvenient may not be the right word for my particular instance, so long as my hard drive doesn't crater I can beta test. I may want to transfer my game, vortex and mods to my solid state before beginning though...and disable any non essential mods which should be easy through vortex.

Some quick questions, were you intending for WARS and Peace to be beta tested together or can they be beta tested separately? And will there be downloadable documentation I can brush up on? With the amount of times I've been forced logged out of nexusforums and lost track of the topic pages here I may have missed things here and there.

Also I imagine after all these years you must be excited that things are finally at the testing stage.

Thanks everyone. :)

I'm about to post some extra info and send out the PMs with the download link right now, so bear with me for a moment. The post and PMs should answer most of your questions, and then I'll answer any others.

In this post I'll put some extra info that may be helpful to testers or people considering helping out as a tester.

I may update it as the beta goes on (and I'll let people know if I do).

A list of files included in the beta, plus notes on what they do:

***Main Files***

PEACE-ProjectExtendAndChangeEverything.7z

WARS-WeaponAdditionandReplacementSuite.7z

***WARS Patches***

WARS-AutoBeam.7z
- Auto Beam - True Laser Sights Framework patch.

WARS-BetterManufacturingExtendedPatch.7z
- Patch for Better Manufacturing and Manufacturing Extended. (Covers both and you need both.)

WARS-FIS-CustomItemSorterINI.7z
- Config file for ensuring items from WARS get appropriate sorting tags for FIS/FallUI.

WARS-HP_DR_ER_Normalisation.7z
- Set of FO4Edit scripts (plus a tutorial) for automatically generating a patch plugin that normalises the NPC HP, DR and ER values across the plugins you select.

WARS-LendLease.7z
- WARS support compilation patch for (currently) "FN FAL - SA58 (Plus Kukri)" and "IMI Uzi - SMG".

WARS-MilitarizedMinutemen.7z
- Militarized Minutemen patch.

WARS-SS2.7z
- Sim Settlements 2 patch.

WARS-Subversion-InstituteReformation.7z
- Patch for "Subversion - The Institute-Railroad Alliance Alternate Ending".

WARS-ThirdPartyWeaponSupportTutorial.7z
- The illustrated tutorial on adding WARS support for a third-party weapon mod.

***PEACE Patches***

PEACE-BetterManufacturingExtendedPatch.7z
- Patch for Better Manufacturing and Manufacturing Extended. (Covers both and you need both.)

PEACE-FIS-CustomItemSorterINI.7z
- Config file for ensuring items from PEACE get appropriate sorting tags for FIS/FallUI.

PEACE-MilitarizedMinutemen.7z

PEACE-ModularMilitaryBackpack.7z
- Patch for the Modular Military Backpack Creation Club content by fadingsignal.

PEACE-SS2.7z
- Sim Settlements 2 patch.

PEACE-Subversion-InstituteReformation.7z
- Patch for "Subversion - The Institute-Railroad Alliance Alternate Ending".

PEACE-ThirdPartyModSupportTutorial.7z
- The illustrated tutorial on adding PEACE support for a third-party mod. (Probably an armour/clothing/power armour mod.)

PEACE-WellDressed.7z
- PEACE support compilation patch for (currently) "CROSS_Chosen_Of_Atom" and "Red Shift Power Armor"

***WARS-PEACE Patches***

WARS-PEACE-BetterManufacturingExtendedPatch.7z
- Resolves conflicts between the respective WARS and PEACE patches for Better Manufacturing and Manufacturing Extended.

WARS-PEACE-WarAndPeacePatch.7z
- The "War and Peace" patch that resolves conflicts between WARS and PEACE.

Here's my current FO4 load order, used for my test playthrough with WARS and PEACE:
(Just for reference, in case it helps you to work out your own load order.)

# Automatically generated by Vortex
Fallout4.esm
DLCRobot.esm
DLCworkshop01.esm
DLCCoast.esm
DLCworkshop02.esm
DLCworkshop03.esm
DLCNukaWorld.esm
ccfsvfo4001-modularmilitarybackpack.esl
ccfsvfo4002-midcenturymodern.esl
Unofficial Fallout 4 Patch.esp
WorkshopFramework.esm
HUDFramework.esm
XDI.esm
BbaronxScriptLibrary.esm
Snapgasm.esl
DanseHelmet.esl
HoldUpFix.esl
PPF.esm
SS2.esm
SS2_XPAC_Chapter2.esm
RobotsAsSecondaryCompanions.esl
BetterCoastalWaves.esl
CastleSpectacleFerry.esl
InGameCollectibleMaps.esl
BetterSettlementTeleporter.esl
Ladder.esl
CaptiveScribeSquireVB.esl
ReversedWorkshopShader.esl
Spawn Grenade DLC.esl
AmmoTweaks_Core.esp
CanarySaveFileMonitor.esl
TrueStormsFO4.esm
SavrenXHD1KBuildingAndInterior.esp
SavrenXPropsAndJunk.esp
SavrenXHDSettlementAndSetDressingDLC.esp
SavrenXHDSettlementAndSetDressing.esp
SavrenX HD Vanilla Armor.esp
SavrenX HD Vanilla Clothes Optimized.esp
SavrenXHDVanillaLandscape.esp
SavrenXLandscapeInteriorBuildingDLC.esp
SavrenXHdDlcPowerArmor.esp
SavrenX SuperMutant Armor HD.esp
SavrenXSynthHD.esp
SavrenXWeaponHD.esp
SavrenXFoodAndFoodware.esp
SavrenXCreaturesPackDlcREDONE.esp
SavrenXBetterRobotHDLibertyPrime.esp
Makeshifttextures.esp
Wetness Shader Fix.esp
FO4ParticlePatch.esp
TaggingAssistant.esp
SlowTime.esp
SS2_MagnussonTerminalFix.esp
SS2_XDI Patch.esp
SS2_DLCSettlerPatch.esp
PiperCaitCurieDialogueOverhaul.esp
InstituteReformation.esp
WWE.esp
Passthrough.esp
VerticalConduits.esp
UncappedSettlementSurplus.esp
SR_Settlement_Signs.esp
ImmersiveScrapping_SeasonPass.esp
LootableCars-Exiguous.esp
nvvault1080.esp
PLI_Roadside_Pines_Motel.esp
SS2Extended.esp
SS2Extended_OutfitInjectionPatch.esp
retakrew7 - workshop lighting overhaul.esp
Vault-Tec Workshop Overhaul Redux.esp
AttackSpawnsOutsideSettlement.esp
nixieclock.esp
MYA_MoveYourAss.esp
MoraelinManufacturingInc.esp
Sandbag Fortifications - Version 2C.esp
Sandbag Fortifications - Version 2C SMM.esp
GrafsSecurityFences.esp
GKX Color Power Lines.esp
SettlementMenuManager.esp
Vault88 - Essentials.esp
DynGuardMats.esp
BOSW.esp
ConnectedWorkbenches.esp
HARDCore.esp
More Quest Dungeons.esp
MilitarizedMinutemen.esp
Rsiyo'sLocationPack.esp
Workshop Terminals.esp
PRP-SS2-Fixes-Ch2.esp
Wana_SA58.esp
BasementLiving.esp
TheMobileMechanic.esp
Gloomy Glass.esp
Fusion Core Charging.esp
WAVE.esp
VeryZenDecals.esp
VWR-DelivererAndMinigun.esp
wornplastic.esp
JSRS_Footsteps.esp
Better Casing.esp
UltimateLockpick.esp
jdmCouchSleep.esp
Leah's Trapping.esp
RestorePAFrames.esp
WhoIsTheGeneral.esp
Follower Revive System.esp
LootableVertibirds.esp
BrahminFollower.esp
BlockedAttacksDealDamage.esp
BloodRadMoleStayTopside.esp
lnl_radroach.esp
JJNickValentineRepairKits.esp
Fixed Gobo Effects.esp
Reverb and Ambiance Overhaul.esp
Fallout Suite.esp
SKKFastBOS.esp
CryoSpellFix.esp
CROSS_CoA.esp
K9TacticalHarness.esp
Marine Armor Helmet Light.esp
ImiUzi.esp
RedShiftPowerArmor.esp
Binoculars.esp
TrueStormsFO4-FarHarbor.esp
TrueStormsFO4-NukaWorld-FH-Compat.esp
DarkerNights.esp
DarkerNightsDetection.esp
Scopes.esp
WmkActiveEffects.esp
ConditionBoy.esp
AmmoTweaks_Default.esp
AmmoTweaks_Default_NoDLCs.esp
AntiqueGauss.esp
NickValentinesDay.esp
Better Manufacturing.esp
Better Manufacturing - Menu Organization.esp
ManufacturingExtended.esp
Better Manufacturing - Manufacturing Extended Additions.esp
cryofix.esp
Stashable Caps - Weighted.esp
VertibirdBeacon.esp
ProtectronHD4K.esp
NuclearPhysicistAndGatlingLaserFix.esp
FAR.esp
TrueStormsFO4-EarlierSunsets.esp
RAO - True Storms patch.esp
TrueStormsFO4-EarlierSunsetsFH.esp
TrueStormsFO4-FarHarborExtraRads.esp
TrueStormsFO4-GlowingSeaExtraRads.esp
RAW INPUT.esp
PhotoMode.esp
ArmorPenetrationBugFix.esp
WestTekTacticalOptics.esp
QuickTrade.esp
ckf76rm_fos_merge.esp
WARS-WeaponAdditionandReplacementSuite.esp
WARS-AmmoTweaksV1Integration.esp
PEACE-ProjectExtendAndChangeEverything.esp
WARS-PEACE-WarAndPeacePatch.esp
WARS-LendLease.esp
PEACE-SS2.esp
WARS-Subversion-InstituteReformation.esp
PEACE-Subversion-InstituteReformation.esp
WARS-MilitarizedMinutemen.esp
PEACE-ModularMilitaryBackpack.esp
PEACE-MilitarizedMinutemen.esp
WARS-SS2.esp
PEACE-WellDressed.esp
WARS-BetterManufacturingExtendedPatch.esp
PEACE-BetterManufacturingExtendedPatch.esp
WARS-PEACE-BetterManufacturingExtendedPatch.esp
AntistarWARSNPCsNormalised.esp
InteriorsEnhanced-All-In-One.esp
WARS-TestingPlugin01.esp
PEACE-TestingPlugin01.esp
AntistarTweaks01.esp
AntistarTweaks-OtherMods01.esp
PRP.esp
PRP-SS2.esp
PLIRPM_PRP_Patch.esp
PRP-SS2-Fixes.esp
PRP-Compat-IntEnh.esp
PLI_USAF_Satellite_Station_Olivia.esp
PuddleReflectionFix.esp
BM-ComplexPatch01.esp
R88FallUISorterGeneratedPatch01.esp
Diello_ExtraIconsForFIS.esp

Edit: I recommend looking at the Conflicts section in each of the readmes to get an idea which kinds of mods will probably conflict.

Edited by antistar

Okay, PMs are sent. Let me know if there any problems, everyone.

Inconvenient may not be the right word for my particular instance, so long as my hard drive doesn't crater I can beta test. I may want to transfer my game, vortex and mods to my solid state before beginning though...and disable any non essential mods which should be easy through vortex.

Some quick questions, were you intending for WARS and Peace to be beta tested together or can they be beta tested separately? And will there be downloadable documentation I can brush up on? With the amount of times I've been forced logged out of nexusforums and lost track of the topic pages here I may have missed things here and there.

Also I imagine after all these years you must be excited that things are finally at the testing stage.

I do recommend using both WARS and PEACE because they were designed to be complementary, but you can use just one or the other, if you want. Presumably. I haven't tested them extensively on their own; my test playthrough has been going for a couple of months already. I definitely don't have time to do separate test playthroughs for each. :wink:

The downloads all include readme files, yes. Tons of info in those, but let me know if you're left wondering something; that's one reason for having a beta. It can let me know if I need to add more info on something, or clarify it, or whatever.

You know I still remember thinking - after spending nearly five years on Clockwork - that it would be nice to make something (i.e. what became WARS and PEACE) that wouldn't take very long. :laugh:

Oof. This has been a very long time coming. I can't help but be a bit apprehensive, and hope that other people will like them (personally I've been having a great time with them, but that stands to reason) - but it is exciting, yeah.

Edited by antistar

Hi there Antistar. I forgot to ask you about the Tactical Reload. Is Tactical Reload would be added in the WARS's closed beta? If not, then anyone that already signed up for the closed beta of WARS and PEACE would edit to make Tactical Reload patch to support current version of the closed beta of WARS?

Urrgh, Tactical Reload. I haven't had time yet to even do a basic test to see if it's compatible with WARS (considering the ammo-swapping, physical mags system, etc). I've been too busy with everything else.

It's going to be the first thing everyone asks about too, isn't it? (As evidenced by it being the first thing asked about at the start of the beta. ;))

I guess I'll do a test to see if it's compatible. And if it is, I'll... see if it's feasible to support it. There are a few reload animations to cover.

Mmm in that maybe better to test with both to be on the safe side when it comes to the potential of bugs, knowing you've been playing already for a couple of months I wouldn't anticipate bugs by themselves I do see PEACE and Agony (and by extention Agony Extended) conflicting with each other since they both touch the medical mechanics of the game, especially for survival mode.

I am curious to ask, looking at things face value would you anticipate conflicts between PEACE/WARS and Flipdeazys Smokeable Cigars Cigarettes and Joints? I use that on survival to save my game..and wind up addicted to nicotine.

Hahahahaa! It's ironic how that went right, albeit quite a few of those years was also waiting for AmmoTweaks V2 and that didn't quite pan out.

It's understandable, you put A LOT of time and effort and love into this project. I'm anticipating it's going to be different than how I'm used to playing and there's going to be adjusting to that, especially making ammo. Admittedly I'm excited to get my hands on that AR15 and the Junk Blade lol.

From a quick test (I tried out a Walther PPK - aka Deliverer), it seems like Tactical Reload works fine with WARS, so that's good news.

There's just the matter of all the new reload animations to make. (If I'm going to make a patch for it.) Fortunately some of them are already done - e.g. for the M1911 and Thompson, by Diakyuto, who even sent them to me a little while ago to use in WARS.

I think the Hunting Rifle and Handmade AKM are already covered too, since Hitman and Ha_ru did the animations for those and released them as standalone a while back. (Since they're proper right-handed animations.)

I can probably find time for the remaining anim sets. Since making these alternate reloads is mostly just taking out parts of the existing ones, rather than adding new stuff, it shouldn't be so bad. I just need to shift mental gears and remember the fiddly FO4 animation import/export workflow stuff.

Mmm in that maybe better to test with both to be on the safe side when it comes to the potential of bugs, knowing you've been playing already for a couple of months I wouldn't anticipate bugs by themselves I do see PEACE and Agony (and by extention Agony Extended) conflicting with each other since they both touch the medical mechanics of the game, especially for survival mode.

I am curious to ask, looking at things face value would you anticipate conflicts between PEACE/WARS and Flipdeazys Smokeable Cigars Cigarettes and Joints? I use that on survival to save my game..and wind up addicted to nicotine.

Hahahahaa! It's ironic how that went right, albeit quite a few of those years was also waiting for AmmoTweaks V2 and that didn't quite pan out.

It's understandable, you put A LOT of time and effort and love into this project. I'm anticipating it's going to be different than how I'm used to playing and there's going to be adjusting to that, especially making ammo. Admittedly I'm excited to get my hands on that AR15 and the Junk Blade lol.

Neither WARS or PEACE do anything in particular with cigarettes and cigars; you can probably just load that mod after them in case I edited their weight or scrap components or something.

Finally finding that first AR-15 was a special moment in my playthrough, that's for sure. I'm finding a Junk Nodachi to be a powerful melee backup, too. Not a patch on a super sledge or something, but it's a fraction of the weight and has a much lower Strength requirement, so...

People should be able to get by if they absolutely refuse to make their own ammo, but they probably won't get to use exactly the types and sub-types they want to as much as if they set up an ammo factory. (Like, 12 Gauge Pulse Slugs are invaluable for dealing with robots, but good luck finding enough, if you're not making your own.)

I should really make that video showing my factory setup, so that people can refer to it in making their own, if they want to. (I'm still procrastinating on that one because I don't want to record my voice for the commentary.)