[WIP] Weapon Addition and Replacement Suite (WARS)

antistar

Hey, wasn't sure if here or the WAR Room/Peace in Our Time Pages was the best place to ask, but I was wondering about a few things:

1. What's the intended scope/features of the WARS/PEACE patches for SS2?

2. What's your general philosophy when it comes to energy weapons and their place in WARS? I haven't had a chance to boot up the game lately, and energy weapons seem to come up very little, so I figured it might be helpful to ask for patching in the future, given many of the weapon mods in my list are energy-based.

The WARS and PEACE patches for SS2 edit any new NPCs, weapons, armour, food, drink, etc added by SS2 to give them the same treatment vanilla items got in WARS and PEACE.

With Energy weapons in WARS, I made laser weapons heavier and a bit less powerful than ballistic weapons - but in turn they have no recoil. Plasma weapons are relatively powerful - doing the same overall damage as 7.62x39mm - but still have a relatively slow-moving projectile.

Enemies in WARS often have less ER than they do DR, so Energy weapons might have a bit of an edge there - though on the other hand their ammo sub-types generally lack special effects like armour-piercing or extra damage against unarmoured targets.

I don't know, there's probably a whole bunch of things, but those are off the top of my head.

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If it can reduce script lag, it could be something that WARS would benefit from, yes. The snappier the response on anything triggered via hotkey, the better. (Ammo swapping, Fire Mode cycling, etc.)

I've just installed it. I'll see if I notice much of a difference when I play the game for a bit tonight.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Antistar,

I hope the feedback after the release of the mod was good. I have been following WARS development since 2017 and as soon as there will be Sim Settlements 2 (never played it but looks interesting) patch I will start my playthrough (in meantime still playing STALKER GAMMA)!

STALKER Anomaly GAMMA is a good choice. ;)

I am getting there on the WARS-SS2 patch. The addition of the "Induction" weapons in SS2 Chapter 3 added massively to the workload required for the patch. (Also I've got a lot going on in the physical world at the moment.)