[WIP] Weapon Addition and Replacement Suite (WARS)

antistar

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi,

I hardly wait for the release of this mod! I'm gonna start a whole new game for it. :smile:

Is there any chance to include M1 Garand...?

welcome to the club

General update on the USAS-12; still going with the high-poly, yeesh. The receiver is mostly done; there's really just a few floating details to add now - rivets, screws, stamped text - that sort of thing. I'm doing the bolt at the moment, and after that are the stocks and a couple of mounting things (carry handle RIS mount and the bayonet lug). Not too much, overall.

I did redo a few parts of the low-poly too (compared to the resource); e.g. the rear sight, dust cover(s), inside the receiver, and especially the bolt. It was very low-detail in the resource, which makes sense for something you don't really see in first-person - but there's third-person in FO4 and you can examine weapons from all angles in your inventory, so I added more detail there.

Oh, I also re-jiggered the Glock a bit so that the selector switch only appears on the weapon when you actually apply the select-fire weapon mod. The position of the switch still changes when you switch fire modes. There's now also only a cut in the top of the slide when you've got a ported barrel installed.

Antistar, a question? When you have a free time you could upload a video with a showcase of your M4 and the GlocK? Sorry for being so heavy, it would be nice to see his works

I do hope to do this at some stage - probably closer to release. I don't do many videos, so I don't really have an established work-flow for it. Also my Internet access is fairly typical for Australia in that it's slow, limited and yet still pretty expensive - so uploading videos takes a while.

The AR-15 with M203 video was kind of a special case; the gun, Hitman's animations, the M203 sound effects, getting the gun to switch between normal and grenade launcher modes... A lot of work went into it, and it wasn't easy. Screenshots alone weren't enough to show how all that came together. :)

Hi,

I hardly wait for the release of this mod! I'm gonna start a whole new game for it. :smile:

There's already a pretty amazing M1 Garand out there by asXas. I've mentioned before though that I'll probably make an add-on plugin of some kind for WARS that supports third-party weapon mods I like, and that M1 Garand is likely one of the first weapons I'd implement in something like that.

General update on the USAS-12; still going with the high-poly, yeesh. The receiver is mostly done; there's really just a few floating details to add now - rivets, screws, stamped text - that sort of thing. I'm doing the bolt at the moment, and after that are the stocks and a couple of mounting things (carry handle RIS mount and the bayonet lug). Not too much, overall.

I did redo a few parts of the low-poly too (compared to the resource); e.g. the rear sight, dust cover(s), inside the receiver, and especially the bolt. It was very low-detail in the resource, which makes sense for something you don't really see in first-person - but there's third-person in FO4 and you can examine weapons from all angles in your inventory, so I added more detail there.

Oh, I also re-jiggered the Glock a bit so that the selector switch only appears on the weapon when you actually apply the select-fire weapon mod. The position of the switch still changes when you switch fire modes. There's now also only a cut in the top of the slide when you've got a ported barrel installed.

Antistar, a question? When you have a free time you could upload a video with a showcase of your M4 and the GlocK? Sorry for being so heavy, it would be nice to see his works

I do hope to do this at some stage - probably closer to release. I don't do many videos, so I don't really have an established work-flow for it. Also my Internet access is fairly typical for Australia in that it's slow, limited and yet still pretty expensive - so uploading videos takes a while.

The AR-15 with M203 video was kind of a special case; the gun, Hitman's animations, the M203 sound effects, getting the gun to switch between normal and grenade launcher modes... A lot of work went into it, and it wasn't easy. Screenshots alone weren't enough to show how all that came together. :smile:

Hi,

There's already a pretty amazing M1 Garand out there by asXas. I've mentioned before though that I'll probably make an add-on plugin of some kind for WARS that supports third-party weapon mods I like, and that M1 Garand is likely one of the first weapons I'd implement in something like that.

ANTISTAR, I saw your video + hitman videos, it's amazing, I like to look at the details and everything is perfect, the day I release your mod I'll send you a lifetime subscription to Fosters (beer) :laugh:

That's what I was hoping for. Thank you! :)

Hi,

Quick question; Since you're including the M203 (and similar,where applicable) as an attachment option for some rifles,have you considered Masterkey shotgun attachments,as well? While it'd be awesome for them to have door-breaching capabilities,as that is their intended purpose,I'd imagine that'd be both a tangled ball of snakes to make work,and outside of the mod's wheelhouse. Still. Underbarrel shotgun. On the to-do list,or is that on the ever-expanding list of "Nice ideas that'll never see the light of day"?

Hey,Antistar,could you make limited ammo for NPCs a optional feature?

Probably not, sorry. To go along with limited NPC ammo I'll also be altering (and probably adding) levelled lists so that NPCs spawn with more ammo plus a backup melee weapon. Maybe a side-arm with its own supply of ammo too, for particularly advanced/well-supplied NPCs. I've also toyed with the idea of editing the vanilla combat styles so that NPCs are less gung-ho with their ammo expenditure, ideally taking fewer - but more careful - shots. If that turns out to be possible, that is; I've never looked too closely at combat styles.

All this makes it sort of impractical to have it as a toggle in a config menu, and I'm not making alternate versions of the mod. (See the FAQ in the second post.)

Quick question; Since you're including the M203 (and similar,where applicable) as an attachment option for some rifles,have you considered Masterkey shotgun attachments,as well? While it'd be awesome for them to have door-breaching capabilities,as that is their intended purpose,I'd imagine that'd be both a tangled ball of snakes to make work,and outside of the mod's wheelhouse. Still. Underbarrel shotgun. On the to-do list,or is that on the ever-expanding list of "Nice ideas that'll never see the light of day"?

Definitely a cool thing I'd like to have but probably won't have time for, since it would require a bunch of new assets (including new animations). It would probably be difficult to implement, too; like I said above, getting the M203 to work was really hard.