ℹ️ Intermittent Download History issues ×

[WIP] Weapon Addition and Replacement Suite (WARS)

antistar

But would the kick be less on a gauss gun compared to a rifle since the projectile needs more time to accelerate compared to a typical bullet? Or would the speed of the gauss slug just be so damn fast that it'd be no different to what you'd feel on a typical rifle?

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

But would the kick be less on a gauss gun compared to a rifle since the projectile needs more time to accelerate compared to a typical bullet? Or would the speed of the gauss slug just be so damn fast that it'd be no different to what you'd feel on a typical rifle?

The only thing that matters is the force exerted on the projectile, because that is equal and opposite to the force back on the shooter. If you get a higher muzzle velocity out of the gauss rifle than a regular one (which you will, that's the point) then you've got a higher overall acceleration. Though you are throwing a very light projectile, so given F=ma the small mass is going to mitigate that somewhat. So long as the projectile is in the field it's accelerating and there's a force back on the magnet (and so on the shooter), so it doesn't matter if some of the accelerating is done physically outside the 'barrel' of the rifle. It'd probably be lighter than the recoil of a firearm generating the same muzzle velocity for the same projectile because you're not throwing out a bunch of propellant gases, but overall it's still *definitely* going to have recoil.

ANTISTAR, how are you wearing the mod? Now working on the USAS12, in theory how many guns have yet to be completed? Many imagine, I have been doing accounts, so you have taught are the AR15, Glock, L85A, Hitman videos, is now working on the USAS12, there are many weapons to replace in Fallout4 ... ufff ... there is still A lot of work to do, how long does it take to create a complete weapon?

I just discovered the Ammunation Plant, as a craft station, somehow I never realised that it was in the game. Will WARS support it to product the new types of ammo?

The other thing is the 9 mm/10 mm SMGs. I didn't see among the planned guns. Maybe an M3, like in NV could fit - even if it fires .45 ammo in real life. Do you plan any kind of this?

Edited by Thorir93

I'm not sure why, but it seems like when I drop guns to display them, modded guns tend to have the barrel, stock, and occasionally magazine clip through things. What do you think causes this, and is there a way to solve it with WARS?

It's probably just the vanilla meshes not actually having collision meshes that match up to what you see. The same thing occurs with nearly every weapon in New Vegas and FO3. The precision collision - clutter NV mod did also affect weapons as well and even went so far as to make it so that the combat shotgun sounded like wood or metal depending on which part hit an object first, but the author gave up on that 3 years ago. Other mods have sort of done the same thing, but primarily with collision meshes regarding the world (hark back to the days of how fun it was trying to snipe from a rocky outcrop) and miscellaneous objects (hark back to when you picked up one bottlecap from a pile, the rest would get absorbed into the shelving unit it was on).

Not sure if this is within the scope of WARS since it's just replacing and reworking weapon stats. Altering vanilla meshes would add extra development time so if the meshes were planned to be improved it'd likely be done once the mod's more or less in the final polishing stages where everything else is done.

ANTISTAR, how are you wearing the mod? Now working on the USAS12, in theory how many guns have yet to be completed? Many imagine, I have been doing accounts, so you have taught are the AR15, Glock, L85A, Hitman videos, is now working on the USAS12, there are many weapons to replace in Fallout4 ... ufff ... there is still A lot of work to do, how long does it take to create a complete weapon?

I did the high-poly for the 12 gauge suppressor the other day, and am now working on the UVWs for the USAS-12. At this stage I'm thinking of dividing the weapon itself into three 2K maps; one for the stock/s, one for the receiver, and one for the handguard, front sight, barrels, etc. Should be nice and crisp, but not too over the top; that's still only 3/4 the size of a single 4K map, for reference.

For the first release the weapons I'm still planning to do are a pump-action shotgun, the makeshift anti-materiel rifle and the Barrett M82 - plus right-handed versions of the Remington 700 (the "Hunting Rifle") and Marlin 1895G (the "Lever Action Rifle").

How long each weapon takes (for WARS) really depends on the weapon, how many attachments I need to make for it, and on the modder's resources (if any) I have to work with. It can be vastly different for each weapon.

I just discovered the Ammunation Plant, as a craft station, somehow I never realised that it was in the game. Will WARS support it to product the new types of ammo?

The other thing is the 9 mm/10 mm SMGs. I didn't see among the planned guns. Maybe an M3, like in NV could fit - even if it fires .45 ammo in real life. Do you plan any kind of this?

I talk about ammo crafting in the OP. In short I do want to have ammo crafting using Contraptions factories, but it may depend on what happens with the ammo crafting in AmmoTweaks. (Which I'm still planning to have as a master.)

I'll be changing the Glock to use 9x19mm by default, and whenever I eventually get a Mac-10 into the mod, that will probably be .45 ACP/9x19mm. I'd also like to have an MP5 in there, but that's definitely not a for-sure thing.

I'm not sure why, but it seems like when I drop guns to display them, modded guns tend to have the barrel, stock, and occasionally magazine clip through things. What do you think causes this, and is there a way to solve it with WARS?

I'm not sure how collision is handled for weapons in FO4. Only some weapon part nifs have anything that looks like collision data, and Nifskope doesn't seem to show any collision geometry for those. In any case it's kind of a low priority for WARS since it only affects weapons dropped on the ground.

I can just see it now...."WARS, the last weapon mod you'll ever need." Of course, that will be including the OTs-33 Pernach, M1 Garand, SVT-40, AKM Project, and Russian Recon Pack, because I will be using your tutorial to add those DAY ONE. Especially the Pernach. Have I told you how much I LOVE that weapon? (Rhetorical question) :P

Looking good already - and thanks; that's a kind offer. :smile: Like with your Single Action Army, it's something I'd probably want in there eventually, but with such a huge amount of other work to do on the mod, I don't know when I'd get time to implement it.

I'm actually planning to do a pump-action shotgun next - after the USAS-12 - but yeah; specifically a pump-action rather than a semi-auto. Ideally an M870. The game just doesn't feel right to me without a pump-action in it. :wink:

Fair enough. I suppose eventually I will have no choice but to learn FO4's mesmerisingly unintuitive tools. . .

http://circle6.net/wp-content/uploads/2017/06/screenshot008.pnghttp://circle6.net/wp-content/uploads/2017/06/123123123.VRayExtraTex_Map_3.jpg