[WIP] Weapon Addition and Replacement Suite (WARS)

antistar

The FAL; The reason why we don't use 7.62mm as the standard calibre for our service rifles in NATO. They were too heavy,and had way too much kick. Still,if used as a DMR,they work wonders.

And holy balls,that folding stock animation! I want that! We need that! Please tell me you're planning on putting that in for the Skorpion,and other guns with folding stocks.

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It is very nice. It reminds me of the equip/unequip on the AKS-74U in the Autumn Aurora 2 mod (I think it was) for STALKER SoC.

Believe it or not I was considering animating the folding stock on the Skorpion back when I did its animations. The reason I didn't was that - besides it being a lot of work for what is not even the best of the Skorpion's stock attachments - the reflex sight would clip with the stock when folded. Maybe the tac-light and laser sights too - can't remember.

I'll think about if I do go back to the Skorpion animations, though. Maybe if the animation is quick enough, any clipping might not be too noticeable. I'd probably animate the equip like this.

Sorry if this has been debated before but I feel like it's a pertinent question to ask, have you considered WARS' fate in case the AmmoTweaks update is never released? There have been one too many mods that were on the verge of being released or updated only for their authors to have dropped them and gone silent for whatever reason (not judging of course), so what would happen with this mod in the event Isathar never releases the update? Edited by Wylight

If it really came down to it, I would probably use AmmoTweaks v1, and try to fill in some of the gaps with extra work on my end. I'd have to refresh my memory on what is and isn't in AmmoTweaks v1, but that might be stuff like editing projectiles and crafting - e.g. ammo crafting using Contraptions factory pieces. I'd also have to work out how to handle things like the under-barrel launcher toggle and fire-mode switching.

It would be a terrible shame to have to do that though; from what I've heard and seen of AmmoTweaks v2, it's worlds apart from v1. It would be kind of a last resort.

Two great MP5 mods just got released as well, excited to mess around with those. That new FAL mod looks like it has a lot more options for attachments than the older one from wardaddy (not that that one isn't good); I like the Israeli heavy handguard and the different camo options. One thing I like about fallout's oversized fauna is that it gives battle rifles a proper role; intermediate cartridges are all that's really needed for humans, but giant tough animals need a bit more power to be taken down quickly.

Speaking of Stalker, I recently downloaded the Anomaly 1.5 update. First time ever playing any of them and I'm thoroughly addicted lol.

Two great MP5 mods just got released as well, excited to mess around with those. That new FAL mod looks like it has a lot more options for attachments than the older one from wardaddy (not that that one isn't good); I like the Israeli heavy handguard and the different camo options. One thing I like about fallout's oversized fauna is that it gives battle rifles a proper role; intermediate cartridges are all that's really needed for humans, but giant tough animals need a bit more power to be taken down quickly.

Speaking of Stalker, I recently downloaded the Anomaly 1.5 update. First time ever playing any of them and I'm thoroughly addicted lol.

I knew FX0x01 recently released the MP5 Complex recently, had no idea there was another one.

Speaking of which might be a good idea to make compatibility patches for FX0x01s weapons, got to hand it to them, they make a damn detailed firearm, you know you're devoted to your art when you detail the inside too lol.

I'd also have to work out how to handle things like the under-barrel launcher toggle and fire-mode switching.

You could always have a look at how the Modern Firearms Team did it, I know from using their version 2.5 1.4 that it featured fire-mode switching and toggleable under-barrel attachments such as grenade launchers. Think we covered this though and you were trying to implement such features in your own way. Speaking of Modern Firearms...lol.

Yep, I think WARS does have a battle-rifle-shaped hole in it, and a FAL would be perfect.

I played STALKER Anomaly about a year ago; not sure how much it's changed since then. I got a lot out of it; it's based on a lot of the great systems added by the Misery mod of course, but with a lot of fantastic improvements and new additions to them. Unfortunately I found that (for all the Misery mod's faults) it lacked the focus and tightly designed progression the Misery mod has, so it felt a bit aimless, rote and lacking in challenge after a while.

Maybe it's improved since then though? The sky's the limit with a mod like Anomaly, really.

I knew FX0x01 recently released the MP5 Complex recently, had no idea there was another one.

Speaking of which might be a good idea to make compatibility patches for FX0x01s weapons, got to hand it to them, they make a damn detailed firearm, you know you're devoted to your art when you detail the inside too lol.

Yes there's MP5 Complex and also MP5 from WarDaddy; both very nice work.

I don't know if FX0x01 made the assets themselves - they're collected from different resources, I believe. (That's not a criticism; porting weapons is a lot more work than most people realise, I think - especially with the weapon mod system.)

But yeah, FX0x01's mods are all very well done from what I've seen. The mods I'd be most likely to support via patch are:

- 9x39 Project

- AK74M

- Mosin Nagant

- MP5 Complex

- OTs-33 Pernach

- SVU and MP443

- UMP-45

You could always have a look at how the Modern Firearms Team did it, I know from using their version 2.5 1.4 that it featured fire-mode switching and toggleable under-barrel attachments such as grenade launchers. Think we covered this though and you were trying to implement such features in your own way. Speaking of Modern Firearms...lol.

Toggling launcher mode and toggling/cycling fire-modes basically needs to work by attaching/detaching omods via script. The smoother that can happen, the better. One of the many reasons I'm keen to use AmmoTweaks v2 is that it sounds like it does this about as smoothly as is feasible.

I can certainly attest to that with porting apparels from some of my own personal little projects, it's quite a pain to port. I'm kind of surprised you didn't include the G36 Complex, not one of my personal favorites, I find most of the sights to be quite obstructing of my field of view.

I see what you mean there, most mods with such features rely on the unequip/reequip scripting style which leaves things kinda...chunky, limitations of making mods.

Edited by ShanaMetalGoddess1991