[WIP] Weapon Addition and Replacement Suite (WARS)

antistar

And how many people are paying you that fee for the work - it might be reasonable to charge $60 once for a single good model, but it doesn't compare with a $60 game as tens/hundreds of thousands or millions of customers are buying that.

Unless you can bang out a detailed, high quality, fully textured gun model in an hour or so, ~$60 once for a model like that would be pretty unreasonable. I expect artists looking to put things up for sale on asset marketplaces would be weighing up how much they'd be paid by the hour against the hope that multiple people/companies would buy a copy of an asset at a particular price.

... But I'm no expert on this sort of thing, and this is all getting off-topic anyway.

Just came by to say: Keep up the good work!

Thanks - doing my best. :)

Currently I'm doing what I thought I might a little while ago and remixing (I guess you'd say) the reloads for the Mossberg, Lever Rifle and China Lake to have improved support for BCR.

Previously I made those animations work with BCR technically but didn't change them much, so they didn't always make sense. Often you'd be dropping a round into a chamber that already had one in it, working the action when you didn't need to - that sort of thing. Now I'm editing them to be more or less physically possible, which is nice.

The Mossberg and Lever Rifle are done; just need to do the China Lake now. I'll put up a video sometime in the next few days, most likely.

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

And how many people are paying you that fee for the work - it might be reasonable to charge $60 once for a single good model, but it doesn't compare with a $60 game as tens/hundreds of thousands or millions of customers are buying that.

Unless you can bang out a detailed, high quality, fully textured gun model in an hour or so, ~$60 once for a model like that would be pretty unreasonable. I expect artists looking to put things up for sale on asset marketplaces would be weighing up how much they'd be paid by the hour against the hope that multiple people/companies would buy a copy of an asset at a particular price.

... But I'm no expert on this sort of thing, and this is all getting off-topic anyway.

I figured it was a commission job, where if you want something super fancy made bespoke... 6 hours at $10/hr (or 4 at $15/hr) seems reasonable depending on source material availability. But still, you're right on it being offtopic.

Currently I'm doing what I thought I might a little while ago and remixing (I guess you'd say) the reloads for the Mossberg, Lever Rifle and China Lake to have improved support for BCR.

Previously I made those animations work with BCR technically but didn't change them much, so they didn't always make sense. Often you'd be dropping a round into a chamber that already had one in it, working the action when you didn't need to - that sort of thing. Now I'm editing them to be more or less physically possible, which is nice.

The Mossberg and Lever Rifle are done; just need to do the China Lake now. I'll put up a video sometime in the next few days, most likely.

Neat! single-round reloading was something mysteriously missing from FO4's ckit given the laser musket can do it. Annoying how they tied those two mechanics together.

I know it's probably too much work, but couldn't you fake preemptive/dry reloads with BCR by having the tags for round 1-29 on the frame after the mag insertion and the tag for round 30 at the end of the charging animation, or do they need to be on different frames?

I know it's probably too much work, but couldn't you fake preemptive/dry reloads with BCR by having the tags for round 1-29 on the frame after the mag insertion and the tag for round 30 at the end of the charging animation, or do they need to be on different frames?

You mean like having 29 "round insert" annotations basically simultaneously and then the 30th annotation at the end? That's an interesting idea that I didn't think of, but the thing is that BCR requires three annotations for each round, and from what I've found, it needs to cycle through them in order:

1) UnCullBone.BoneName

2) reloadComplete

3) CullBone.BoneName

I don't think the annotations need to be dead-on a frame, so maybe you could cycle through those three annotations 29 times with a nanosecond in between each annotation... but I don't know if BCR/FO4 could handle that, and it would definitely be an incredible pain to set up. Just imagine trying to do that for something like the C-Mag on the AR-15, with a hundred rounds.

You know what though, I will ask shavkacagarikia if BCR can be expanded to handle empty vs not-empty magazine reloads. It seems like it should be able to work much as it already does in that it just needs to interrupt the reload animation at a particular point - only with different logic governing when it does that.

That's fair enough on the M1911 thing Antistar, another thing I haven't seen much of for fallout 4 is snubnose revolvers, like the .32 in fallout 3, especially double action.

The vanilla .44 Magnum Revolver does have a snub-nose barrel option, but that is just one weapon, yeah. A snub-nose option is something I want for the Colt Police (or whichever model it may end up being), should I ever get time to do one.

You mean like having 29 "round insert" annotations basically simultaneously and then the 30th annotation at the end? That's an interesting idea that I didn't think of, but the thing is that BCR requires three annotations for each round, and from what I've found, it needs to cycle through them in order:

1) UnCullBone.BoneName

2) reloadComplete

3) CullBone.BoneName

I don't think the annotations need to be dead-on a frame, so maybe you could cycle through those three annotations 29 times with a nanosecond in between each annotation... but I don't know if BCR/FO4 could handle that, and it would definitely be an incredible pain to set up. Just imagine trying to do that for something like the C-Mag on the AR-15, with a hundred rounds.

You know what though, I will ask shavkacagarikia if BCR can be expanded to handle empty vs not-empty magazine reloads. It seems like it should be able to work much as it already does in that it just needs to interrupt the reload animation at a particular point - only with different logic governing when it does that.

Ahhh, I see. Yeah, that does sound like a lot of pain and I share your concerns about whether the engine will deal with it well. Still, if it's an easier addition to BCR's code then I don't think you'll be the only one thankful for the addition.

The vanilla .44 Magnum Revolver does have a snub-nose barrel option, but that is just one weapon, yeah. A snub-nose option is something I want for the Colt Police (or whichever model it may end up being), should I ever get time to do one.

MTRs Smith & Wesson Model 500 features a snubnose option but that things damn near the size of a Single Action Army with a standard length barrel and no double action.

Here's that video of the updated, even more BCR-friendly animations for the Mossberg 590, China Lake and Lever Rifle:

- Bullet Counted Reload System Support 02

The China Lake reload turned out to be a bit more fiddly to remix than I expected, but it's all done now.

Hi hi! I really like the idea of your project and the quality so far. Are you able to say when this mod is gonna be released? Sorry if you already answered this question before.

Thank you and go on with your precious work :laugh:

Thanks. :smile:

But yeah, there's a FAQ in the second post, and that's what Moldy directed you to.