[WIP] Weapon Addition and Replacement Suite (WARS)

antistar

Here's the S&W M29 with the LPC Laser Sight:

- S&W M29 01

- S&W M29 02

- S&W M29 03

Incidentally; in the base game there are actually three separate variants of this weapon; the standard .44 Pistol, a basically identical clone found in certain areas added by Nuka-World, and the "Western Revolver" also added by Nuka-World. WARS condenses these into one weapon (built on the standard .44 Pistol) and makes all weapon mods that were previously restricted to one variant or another all available on this one weapon.

(If you obtain one of the two deprecated variants - e.g. via another mod spawning them somewhere - they should still work, but may not have the full complement of weapon mods.)

If we're gonna get a long M1911, can we also get smol options? I want to give Nick Valentine a Detonics Combat Master.

It might depend on what resources I use for the M1911 and on how its various weapon mods go together, but sure; I'll keep it in mind.

Don't know if you would consider it, but how about also adding a M110 S.A.S.S.? I like this Chris Kyle memorial version I found. A foregrip would be cool too. It would nice as more of a tactical sniper rifle. Either that or the McMillan .338 that Chris Kyle also used.

I would like to have a proper semi-auto sniper rifle that isn't a huge .50 BMG AMR, so I'll keep this in mind too (for later on). It depends on time/resources/etc available though, as always.

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm a little disappointed that you're removing the 10mm pistol. It's probably my favourite vanilla weapon, and you could totally make a bunch of realistic mods for it!

Did I convince you to keep it? No? Awww, okay... :(

I get it though. And I can't be too upset about my trusty 10mm being replaced with a pistol as lovely and capable as a Glock.

T41nt3d is currently working on a new Rangemaster (from FO1/2) in AR10 style, with "proper" mods planned; I'm assuming this means you'll be able to turn it into something resembling the M110. If nothing better comes along that's definitely what I'll be porting over.

Because I wanna do some miscellaneous fiddling with weapon names and mod prefixes, and that seems to be a huge chunk of your work in WARS, how does one go about renaming a weapon without breaking it?

If I want to change a weapon mod's name so that it's more generic ("M1 Garand" to "Battle Rifle", for example), how might I go about that?

I'm a little disappointed that you're removing the 10mm pistol. It's probably my favourite vanilla weapon, and you could totally make a bunch of realistic mods for it!

Did I convince you to keep it? No? Awww, okay... :sad:

I get it though. And I can't be too upset about my trusty 10mm being replaced with a pistol as lovely and capable as a Glock.

Nope; sorry. The 10mm Pistol is one of my least favourite weapons in FO4. The same goes for the other weapons I'm replacing in WARS, really; that's why I'm replacing them!

Speaking of the S&W 29, any chance that might add a firing pin to the hammer? The fact that it's missing have annoyed me for ages

I thought the hammer looked weird. I'll see if I can whip one up quickly; don't want to spend a lot of time on it.

Because I wanna do some miscellaneous fiddling with weapon names and mod prefixes, and that seems to be a huge chunk of your work in WARS, how does one go about renaming a weapon without breaking it?

If I want to change a weapon mod's name so that it's more generic ("M1 Garand" to "Battle Rifle", for example), how might I go about that?

Changing names is one of the easier things I'm doing, actually; it's definitely not a huge chunk of work. I guess some of the more intricate dynamic naming stuff takes a bit to work out, but it's not too bad.

If it's just changing the base name of a weapon that'll usually be as simple as changing the name on the weapon record, but it depends on how it's set up. This article on Instance Naming Rules covers the dynamic side of things.

I'm really glad I stumbled upon this gem. The weapons in vanilla Fallout 4 are absolutely mediocre and it appears that you're working very hard to rework the entire system. Good luck to you on this project and I look forward to the finished product.

I do not know if I asked in previous posts, but ... is there any chance of seeing a quality MP7 in WARS? continue with the good work, it makes me eternal the release of the mod :-)

I'm really glad I stumbled upon this gem. The weapons in vanilla Fallout 4 are absolutely mediocre and it appears that you're working very hard to rework the entire system. Good luck to you on this project and I look forward to the finished product.

Thanks. :)

I do not know if I asked in previous posts, but ... is there any chance of seeing a quality MP7 in WARS? continue with the good work, it makes me eternal the release of the mod :-)

I don't know that there'll be time for an MP7. The Skorpion vz. 61 that I want to include is a similarly small SMG that is also a better fit for the general style I'm going for in WARS. I.e. guns that are relatively modern but not super-modern high-speed low-drag tacticlol stuff.

As a general update:

The S&W M29 Revolver has a firing pin now. I wonder if the original artist made a firing pin for it and it was left out of the export somehow, or if their reference material was a hammer without the pin attached and they just didn't realise.

I had to man-handle the hammer mesh a bit; somewhat predictably, it didn't line up with the cartridge primer properly. Maybe it really was made with no firing pin to begin with.

I've also done the stats for the Tommy Gun, MPL Plasma Gun, some others I'm forgetting probably, and am working on the Tesla Rifle at the moment. It's just the vanilla Tommy Gun for now; the plan is still to replace the meshes/textures/animations later. I did change the weird "Short Stock" to just be "No Stock" though - as was discussed earlier in the thread. Why would someone chop off half the stock and then custom-build a new, smaller metal butt-plate for it - rather than just remove the stock? Very strange.