[WIP] Weapon Addition and Replacement Suite (WARS)

antistar

It was never a go as there is already an AR15 in the mod, and the 416 is similar enough that the extra work to implement it wouldn't be worth it. I believe Antistar said it is a possibility for far in the future when the mod is released and stable, and he is willing to work on expansion.

Yeah, that's what I meant (in a very brief way). What happened to the original Cedaie one anyway? I was browsing for mods and came across WARS, several others and an animation for that 416 (by WarDaddy, could be the same or maybe not) which looked promising and learned that the 416 was canceled (because of modding community drama, personal issues or something as far as the accuracy of reddit posts go). And yeah, the WARS mod in itself is already enough because of its extensive customization. I was just wondering if Antistar is still deciding to work on that as an expansion, provided he still has the permission to use those assets.

Edited by niceguygibbz

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey maybe I missed something on the description page but will this mod add new calibers? (Note: I don't mean AP,HP etc.)

The plan is to use the AmmoTweaks framework, so there will be both new calibres and ammo sub-types like AP and HP. Off the top of my head I'll be using .32 ACP for the Walther PPK and Skorpion vz. 61, 9x19mm for the Glock, semi-auto Pipe Gun and (probably) a Skorpion variant, and 40mm grenades for the M79 and China Lake.

Hi, Antistar look this HK-416

https://gamebanana.com/wips/44282

Is it still a go?

It's basically as kuzi127 said, though I'm not planning to ever include an HK 416, really; it's just too similar to the AR-15. Also the page that ZOMKILL linked to there is for a WIP from ~4 years ago; not a finished resource.

I do want to include an M60 at some point, and it would be using War Daddy's animations. Maybe not that particular model though? I'm not sure yet.

In the end it could be that simply supporting that M60 mod in a compatibility patch would be just fine.

The KRISS Vector is a little more modern than I'm going for in WARS, so that'd be another one to do via a patch.

(I don't mean to say that I personally am planning to support it via a patch, to be clear. It all depends on what I have time for.)

What about the riesing smg/police carbine (aka the vintage sub machine gun mod)? There was no custom animations made for it but it lines up with the vanilla combat rifle touch points almost perfectly(as in everything but the charging handle, and the folding stock modification).

DeviousMethods did a beautiful job with that Reising, but in WARS it would fill a pretty similar role to the Thompson already in place. Like I've said before I think, I can't just add every weapon ever, or the mod will never be finished. ;)

DeviousMethods did a beautiful job with that Reising, but in WARS it would fill a pretty similar role to the Thompson already in place. Like I've said before I think, I can't just add every weapon ever, or the mod will never be finished. :wink:

So,what sorts of progression curves are we looking at,here? What sorts of weapons do you expect players to cycle through as they play the game and level up,be they a Gunslinger,Commando,Rifleman,or Heavy Gunner?

DeviousMethods did a beautiful job with that Reising, but in WARS it would fill a pretty similar role to the Thompson already in place. Like I've said before I think, I can't just add every weapon ever, or the mod will never be finished. :wink:

Thats fair but if you don't mind me making one counterpoint I'd say that the reising is distinct from the thompson. With much lighter weight (delayed blowback vs. essentially straight blowback), more accurate in single fire(closed bolt vs. open bolt), and less suitability for sustained super mutant melting fire (20 round mags, vs 50+ round drums, and rifle grip vs pistol grip) it's niches would either be "the lesser smg you find more commonly/before the thompson that supplies you with the ammo to feed the thompson" or "the rifleman's .45acp weapon". (I'd also add that since it uses combat rifle animations that it'd be an option for super mutants but I don't recall if the thompson doesn't also have animations for super mutants)