[WIP] Weapon Addition and Replacement Suite (WARS)

antistar

Hey, thanks again everyone.

My God i feel so rude for not reading your post, i was so excited to share that file here that i didn't even saw what you post, i hope you get better man, you should take a pause, perhaps a few months, just don't put anything above your health, believe me its not worth it, that comes from my own experience

Don't worry about it.

And I enjoy making mods, so I'd have to be pretty sick to not try to at least squeeze in some work on it when I can. Like I said at the time, I would have been working on the mod in the hospital last year if I could have had my desktop computer in there. ;) (I mean probably not at first when things were really bad, but later on definitely.)

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Will your closed beta be able to be a pay to join or apply to join etc?

I believe that in order to agree with Bethesda's new policy, Antistar will probably make a pre-release where you can pay to have a "chance" into being selected for the "pre-beta", which will happen only 1 moth before the actual official release and, during that, people will be randomly selected to participate into the actual "beta", that will happen, of course, in waves, the reason for that i cannot understand because i'm not a marketing expert.

Will your closed beta be able to be a pay to join or apply to join etc?

Definitely not pay to join. WARS is non-commercial - as it has to be, of course.

What I've done in the past with other mods is a closed beta where I just ask in the thread "who wants to help with the beta?". Then I PM those people the download link; a link to a google drive folder so that the same link can be used to get any updates I make over the course of the beta.

Usually I haven't had so many people want to help that I've had to say no to anyone.

i have lost all confidence in this mod ever being released, i wish you would release finished weapons piece by piece until the entire project is finished, ive been following this since 2016 and idk, waiting nearly 3 years for a mod to come out seems excessive to me, and definitely doesnt give me much hope.

ive been following this since 2016 and idk, waiting nearly 3 years for a mod to come out seems excessive to me

You know what year we're in right now right?

But by all means I'm sure antistar would love some help with modelling, texturing and scripting.

Edited by Bottletopman

i have lost all confidence in this mod ever being released, i wish you would release finished weapons piece by piece until the entire project is finished, ive been following this since 2016 and idk, waiting nearly 3 years for a mod to come out seems excessive to me, and definitely doesnt give me much hope.

I went back to check, and the first image I posted about WARS - before the WIP thread went up - was on 22-09-16, so yes; nearly two years, not three.

That's still a fair while, but WARS is an overhaul, not just a bunch of new weapons. It's for that same reason that I'm not releasing the weapons piecemeal; they're not set up the same way as the vanilla weapons, and wouldn't make sense on their own. Doing the extra work to set them up the same way as the vanilla weapons would make the mod take even longer to make, of course. (Also please see the second post in the thread for my position on alternate versions.)

Edit: Huh - my previous edit to fix a typo didn't work. Weird.

Edit again: Oh, seems like the forum software was automatically "fixing" "would have course" to be "would have course".

Edit yet again: Urgggghhhh my brain is mush. "Would, of course" not "would have course".

Edited by antistar

No, the mod's not content-complete yet. There's still the AmmoTweaks integration to do, like I was saying earlier. That's the main thing left.

I hadn't planned to post anything in Nexus image share to coincide with asking for help with the beta. Maybe if I happen to have an image to post?

I'll be posting about the beta here in the WIP thread when the time comes. There's a button near the top of the page that will let you "follow" a topic, so that you'll get notifications when people post in it. Alternatively you may be able to choose to get a notification if I personally post something; just guessing there. I haven't looked into that sort of thing. That would probably also notify you when I (for example) reply to comments on my existing mod pages though, so I don't know if you'd get less notifications that way.