[WIP] Weapon Addition and Replacement Suite (WARS)

antistar

Thats really a tough and ambitious task - to completely overhaul all original arsenal/gunplay and you've been doing an amazing work so far (lets be fair, this weapon set looks significantly more detailed, functional and overall has significantly higher quality then the vanilla one), but health is a very important thing, so please dont strain yourself over the limits, im sure most people are capable of such thing as an understanding and will wait for the project completion. Thank you very much for all the efforts you put in this mod.

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Could you release a beta with out the ammo conversion

Man chill out, if you're so eager to play the mod why don't you help Antistar? There's probably a lot of records/lists that needs to be edited, not the mention the plethora of game mechanics that require adaptation

Thats really a tough and ambitious task - to completely overhaul all original arsenal/gunplay and you've been doing an amazing work so far (lets be fair, this weapon set looks significantly more detailed, functional and overall has significantly higher quality then the vanilla one), but health is a very important thing, so please dont strain yourself over the limits, im sure most people are capable of such thing as an understanding and will wait for the project completion. Thank you very much for all the efforts you put in this mod.

Thanks. :)

The medical stuff seems to be clearing up now, fortunately. All my test results - including the MRI - were fine, and I'm feeling just about back to normal. Seems like it was most probably some kind of mystery viral infection that's run its course now.

I have been having a short break from WARS for a few days - though true to form for me, that means I've just been working on a different mod instead. ;) Just a bit of work on PEACE, WARS' sister mod. A few features for it have been on my mind a lot lately, so it was good to strike while the iron's hot.

Now that I'm feeling a lot better, I should be back on WARS shortly.

Could you release a beta with out the ammo conversion

No, there wouldn't be much point in starting beta testing now; the AmmoTweaks integration represents a significant change in features, balance, mechanics, etc. The beta would more or less have to start again from the beginning afterwards.

Generally: I've been hearing promising things from isathar that should hopefully mean that - via AmmoTweaks - I'll be able to have weapon skill perks affecting recoil values after all. That'd be great; like I've been saying for a long time, I think that would make for an ideal replacement for damage bonuses via those perks.

My understanding is that this is part of a more thorough integration of F4SE though, which does mean that an XB1 version of WARS is looking less and less likely. Because even if WARS itself doesn't technically require F4SE, having AmmoTweaks as a requirement will amount to the same thing, by extension.

Generally: I've been hearing promising things from isathar that should hopefully mean that - via AmmoTweaks - I'll be able to have weapon skill perks affecting recoil values after all. That'd be great; like I've been saying for a long time, I think that would make for an ideal replacement for damage bonuses via those perks.

I was wondering what new feature he'd thought of and been working on. It's probably some scripting magic through F4SE that I wouldn't understand but I wonder how he did it.

I was wondering what new feature he'd thought of and been working on. It's probably some scripting magic through F4SE that I wouldn't understand but I wonder how he did it.

I don't want to speak for isathar, but I'm pretty excited for a lot of the new features I've been hearing about in the pending update.

Hey Anti,

do i have to play FO4 in english with WARS, or is it just compatible with every language and only the Mod things are in english?

I'm not very familiar with how localisation works in FO4, but I'm assuming it would be the latter. Anything new or edited in WARS would be in English.