[WIP] Weapon Addition and Replacement Suite (WARS)

antistar

Good luck on the animation venture; I recently relearned the basics of 3d modeling after like 5 years in a different program and it was annoying to say the least. The documentation looks good as well, it's awesome when authors put a crapload of detail into it.

Something funny I noticed the other day after seeing a youtube thumbnail - in the live action trailer Bethesda released for FO4 they actually used a Mini-14 as the Sole Survivor's weapon. I wonder if that was because it was the closest thing they could find to the abomination of a combat rifle they put in the game.

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Part of me wants to see a unique L85A1 named "The Civil Servant." Why,you may ask? Because it doesn't work,and you can't fire it! But,that's mostly for a gaff. Good to see that weapon list,and it makes me really chuffed to see the names I suggested get included (IEW and VMLS,to be specific),so there's that.

Yes, thanks again for those suggestions; I like them a lot, probably obviously.

Good luck on the animation venture; I recently relearned the basics of 3d modeling after like 5 years in a different program and it was annoying to say the least. The documentation looks good as well, it's awesome when authors put a crapload of detail into it.

Something funny I noticed the other day after seeing a youtube thumbnail - in the live action trailer Bethesda released for FO4 they actually used a Mini-14 as the Sole Survivor's weapon. I wonder if that was because it was the closest thing they could find to the abomination of a combat rifle they put in the game.

Huh - I never noticed that that was a Mini-14 in that trailer. I wouldn't be surprised if that was what happened (even if only subconsciously). Like I said in the bit about using the Mini-14 in WARS, that was kind of how my thought-process went.

There's a number of real-world weapons technically appearing in FO4 that aren't actual in-game weapons; e.g. in the intro. It's sort of frustrating.

Seeing as this forum is still active, it keep me hopeful to see this mod comming out in the near future, with fallout 76 comming soon, I am worried this will never see life on nexus, oh btw, if you need tester, more than happy to help you :smile:

Thanks. :) I can't say yet when it will be, but watch this space for the beta announcement; I'll put the call out for testers when the time rolls around.

I have been following this thread since some months and just read the updated second post, I'm amazed how well-thought out the weapons with their mods are!

Apart from hitman47101 providing the animations and issathar AmmoTweaks, is this a one-man show?

I couldn't imagine to set up such a project myself. :laugh:

Edited by Barschun

Weapon mods (as in mods that concern weapon modification) are probably what I'm best known for, I suppose. :wink:

Like it says in the first couple of posts, WARS is built on the work of a lot of people. E.g. lots of modder's resources. I've done more work on top of just about all of those resources though, trying for a consistent level of quality across the mod. For some of the resources, that meant more work than others. And of course I've done a lot of stuff from scratch myself.

I've been crediting the work of others as I've posted screenshots and whatnot, but I don't think I've posted the entire credits section of the documentation before, so hey, why not? Here's a draft copy of it:

***ASSETS***

Animations

- Animation sets by Hitman47101:

--- AR-15

--- China Lake Grenade Launcher

--- Glock

--- Handmade AKM

--- Marlin 1895G (Lever Action Rifle)

--- Mini-14

--- Mossberg 590

--- R700 Rifle (Hunting Rifle)

--- Skorpion vz. 61

--- USAS-12

- Animation sets by Ha_ru:

--- Handmade AKM third-person animations

--- Mini-14 third-person animations

--- R700 Rifle (Hunting Rifle) third-person animations

- Animation sets by War Daddy:

--- Thompson Submachine Gun animations

--- USAS-12 third-person animations

AR-15

- Based on a lot of work by Tigg:

--- Foregrip

--- M16

--- M16 and variants

--- Magazine pulls

--- Surefire 60rd Magazine

--- USGI Magazine

--- Minor mesh edits and retexes by Antistar

Barrett M107

- Barrett 50 cal

--- Mesh and textures by Syn

--- Minor mesh edits and retex by Antistar

- Barrett M107A1 Muzzle Brake

--- Mesh and textures by Antistar

- Barrett QDL Suppressor

China Lake Grenade Launcher

- From China Lake and Holorifle by Shoeburglar

--- Minor mesh and texture edits by Antistar

--- Refer to the permission requirements of the original China Lake and Holorifle mod before using anything from it.

Glock

- Pistol, laser sight and suppressor meshes and textures by tigg

--- Minor retexes by Antistar

- Compensator

- Flared Magwell

- Shoulder Stock

--- Mesh by commander566 and Antistar

--- I used the above mesh as a starting point but had to rebuild most of it myself in the end.

--- Textures by Antistar

- Small Reflex Sight

--- Mesh by Kaskad (some tweaks by Antistar)

--- Textures by Antistar

Handmade AKM

- Handmade Rifle - Classic Wooden Stock by DeadPool2099

M79 Grenade Launcher

- From M79 Grenade Launcher -- Standalone by Sean_s

--- Minor mesh edits by Antistar

--- Refer to the permission requirements of the original M79 Grenade Launcher -- Standalone mod before using anything from it.

Makeshift Anti-Materiel Rifle

- From Makeshift Anti-Materiel Rifle by Shoeburglar

--- Minor retexes by Antistar

--- Refer to the permission requirements of the original Makeshift Anti-Materiel Rifle mod before using anything from it.

Mini-14

- Mesh and textures by kouoaeha

--- Note that you'll need to gain kouoaeha's permission to release something based on their work on a website other than the Nexus.

Misc

- 5.56mm Suppressor (currently unused but mesh and textures included)

--- Mesh and textures by ImBrokeRU

- AccuPoint Scope

--- Mesh by tenoyl

--- Textures by Antistar

- AN/PVS-4 Starlight Scope

--- Mesh and textures by Rectus

--- Mount mesh and textures by tigg

- Beta C-Mag

- C-More Railway Reflex Sight

--- Mesh and textures by Odec3D

--- Edits and mount by tigg

- Cubemaps

--- Ruby and sapphire cubemaps by ajhakra

- DBAL-A2 Laser Sight

--- Mesh and textures by tenoyl

- Double-Ring Mounts

- Elcan C79 Scope

--- Mesh and textures by raynox3d

- EOTech M552 Holographic Sight

--- Mesh and textures by Likon

--- Note that Likon requests notification before something based on his work is released. Please see the above link to the gamebanana page for this asset for more info.

- Insight X2 Tactical Light and Laser Sight

--- Base mesh by tenoyl

--- Mesh edits, high-poly and textures by Antistar

- LPC Laser Sight

- M7 Bayonet

--- Mesh by An Aggressive Napkin

--- Textures by Antistar

- Micro Compensator

- NT4 Suppressor

- Nydar Gun Sight

- RIS Tactical Light Mount

- Salvo 12 Suppressor

- SureFire G2 Tactical Light

--- Mesh and textures by Yogensia

--- See here for license

--- Minor retex by Antistar

- Three Port Muzzle Brake

Mossberg 590

- Base mesh by An Aggressive Napkin

- Heat Shield

- Pistol grip and shell holder by Tigg

- RIS Mount

SA80

- Based on a lot of work by Tigg:

--- EMAG

--- L85A1

--- L85A2

--- SUSAT scope

- 1989 experimental L22, 1994 experimental L22 and L22A2 barrels/forends

--- Meshes and textures by Antistar

- L3A1 bayonet

--- Base mesh by Gunslinger mod team

--- FO4 port by Conn08

- L86 wire stock, rear vertical grip, handguard and barrel

- SA80 Picatinny rail adapter

Skorpion vz. 61

- Mesh and textures by Krycek

- Wooden Stock

- Drum Magazine

--- Base mesh by 500slr

Thompson Submachine Gun

- Base models by sgtbarney

--- Mesh edits and textures by Antistar

USAS-12

- Base low-poly mesh by Pete3D

- Bayonet Lug

- Buffer Tube

- Carry Handle RIS Mount

Sound

- M203 sounds

--- Sampled from M203 Grenade Launcher by Gun Nut

--- Edited by Antistar

- Mossberg 590 reload sounds

--- Sampled from Mossberg 590 by hickok45

--- Edited by Antistar

- Misc weapon sounds

--- Originals by Bethesda Game Studios

--- Edited by Antistar

***GENERAL***

- WARS general design, implementation, etc is by Antistar. Basically if it's not explicitly mentioned somewhere in these credits, you can assume that it's something I did myself.

- Better Armor and Weapon naming and sorting by Ruddy88 and Bottletopman was used as a starting point for the dynamic naming changes in WARS.

- Better Mod Descriptions by TakaruMinari was used as a starting point for the changes to weapon mod descriptions in WARS.

--- Better Mod Descriptions - Nuka-World Items by Leonionin was additionally used as a starting point for Nuka-World related weapon mods.

- T.A.S - Tactical Attachment System by Kaelle was merged/adapted into WARS in the form of the Weapon Modification Kit.

- Useful Crank - Laser Musket doesn't require ammo by Hackfield was merged/adapted into WARS.

- Mods used as reference

--- Common Weapon Weights Resource by kuzi127

--- Difficulty and Realism Overhaul by Cruor34

- Some values merged/adapted from:

--- Fatman MIRV Projectile Fix by khoover

--- Immersive Burning Molotovs and Flamers by aphest

--- No Health Level Scaling by MindfulDroid

--- Realistic Ranged Accuracy for NPCs by Mordune

--- Unbogus Flamer by EthicalLune

***THANK YOU***

To everyone who generously contributed their work to WARS: Thank you very much. I couldn't have done it without you.

Edited by antistar

Also is the mod content complete not including AmmoTweaks.

Read at least the previous page first you'll find your answer(spoilers the answer is technically no). Also again there are other balance and replacer overhauls (W replacers, unbogus, equilibrium, etc) if you can't wait for the complete package and want a comprimise.

What are you waiting for in the update of ammo tweaks

Uh... just about everything, really. There are a lot of different aspects of its framework that I'm keen on using. Ammo-switching (plus all the new ammo types and sub-types, projectile changes, etc that come along with it), fire-mode switching (including under-barrel grenade launcher toggling), the durability system, STR requirements for weapons, the ability to affect recoil values via perks, etc, etc.

Also is the mod content complete not including AmmoTweaks.

No. A few weapons still (ideally at least) need animations, like I was saying recently; the Barrett M107, Skorpion vz. 61 and Thompson SMG. Speaking of which:

The Thompson animations are coming along. I'm just finishing up the last of the simpler animations - idles, walking/running/sprinting, equip and unequip, firing - that sort of thing. Mostly what I was doing there was making vertical foregrip versions of War Daddy's (or Bethesda's) animations. Some of them I tweaked a bit to better fit the more accurate dimensions of sgtbarney's models, too. (For example: even when flipped horizontally, the vanilla SMG still has the charging handle in the wrong place.)

I've also done a couple of the slightly more complex animations; the extended idle anim War Daddy did, and the melee attack. Both of those needed vertical fore-grip versions, and the standard version of the melee needed to be altered too, as the original had the character gripping the butt-stock... which isn't necessarily always there in WARS, since it can be detached.

What's left are the most complicated animations; the reloads. One of War Daddy's reloads works perfectly for the 50 round drum mag, and it shouldn't take too much to make a 100 round drum mag version from it. The stick mag animation will take the most work (I'll make it fit both the 20 and 30 round mags of course), and then vertical fore-grip versions are needed of all those reloads too.

Then there are the third-person animations. I'm not sure how much - if anything - I'll be doing there. I'm yet to even look at how to work with those on a technical level. It would be nice to have the vertical fore-grip being gripped properly in third-person at least though.