[WIP] Weapon Addition and Replacement Suite (WARS)

antistar

-Requires a wholly new,and wholly unique,ammunition type; HK 4.73*33mm Prototype Caseless. Literally no other gun in the game will use it,thus begging the question of why.

cuz it's some damn fancy kraut space magic that was in fallout 2 that's why

would also vindicate the vindicator minigun that got nerfed because it'd be too OP towards the end of Fallout 2 as well

Edited by Bottletopman

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It was useless against robots in Fallout Tactics however. The MEC Gauss Minigun on the other hand is a totally OP weapon though the ammo is scarce and expensive. Only the Gatling Laser survived intact into Fallout 3 and later.

The P90 is more likely than G11 since its ammo is shared with FiveSeven and is more modular. I think while the 5.7mm ammo is not common on enemies they can be bought quite cheaply from vendors by midgame, I don't expect it to be expensive since it is basically a low to moderate damage weapon with armor piercing effect.

Another possible weapons for the future releases would be the Kriss Vektor and maybe the Skorpion Evo, they are basically fast firing weapons with very little recoil and a good way to feed your accumulated pistol ammo to. I do expect the Institute to have some form of suppressed weapons for their silent assassination purposes instead of just the unstealthy energy weapons and these weapons can fit in quite well, though they would also show up in the hands of Gunners later on.

How to render a laser stealthy; Produce an ultraviolet or infared beam. Since it's outside of the visible light spectrum,it'd be impossible for most enemies to see the beam,and it'd only make noise at two points; The point of origin,and the point of impact. The former,because of the energetic nature of the discharge. The latter due to the fact that whatever you're hitting is guaranteed to sizzle.

How to render a laser stealthy; Produce an ultraviolet or infared beam. Since it's outside of the visible light spectrum,it'd be impossible for most enemies to see the beam,and it'd only make noise at two points; The point of origin,and the point of impact. The former,because of the energetic nature of the discharge. The latter due to the fact that whatever you're hitting is guaranteed to sizzle.

Only if you can suppress all the harmonics, some of which will probably be in the visible range. ...and prevent it from diffracting off microscopic dust in the air to produce a glowing trace, and the several other ways you can end up producing a visible beam.

At some point when you put enough energy through a place all at once it just becomes hard to hide.

Edited by Lt Albrecht

The L123A2 UGL textures are nearly finished. I should be able to show some shots of it pretty soon.

Y'know,my favourite weapon from Fallout 3: Wanderer's Edition was the HK G11. What a great many people calls,including a current Fallout 4 Featured Mod,"Kraut Space Magic." I have a hunch that it won't exactly be hitting WARS for the following reasons,but I can always hope; It's a f***ing amazing gun.

-Unique animations are required,assuming you're not given permission to poach from the aforementioned mod.
-As a prototype weapon,the G11 isn't built with modularity or modification in mind,meaning you're largely forced to use the baseline model.
-Requires a wholly new,and wholly unique,ammunition type; HK 4.73*33mm Prototype Caseless. Literally no other gun in the game will use it,thus begging the question of why.
-Related to the above,ammunition will be ludicrously scarce and expensive,even if the player opts to craft it,if that is even possible. Not good traits to have on a largely automatic weapon.
-As yet another gun that has the general profile of an assault rifle,with even less modularity,you'd have a very difficult time of trying to justify its inclusion at all,as its role is already filled by other weapons. Even if you make it perform better than its competition,the lack of mods would likely still be a deal breaker.

From the perspective of your mod's objectives,the G11,while a lovely gun,probably just doesn't fit. We'd be more likely to see a P90. Which is something I'd also like to see,but,again; Proprietary cartridge and general lack of modularity.

Still,it was a nifty thought experiment.

AsXas did a beautiful job on the G11. Along with his other weapons, it's an ideal candidate for being covered in a patch.

It was useless against robots in Fallout Tactics however. The MEC Gauss Minigun on the other hand is a totally OP weapon though the ammo is scarce and expensive. Only the Gatling Laser survived intact into Fallout 3 and later.

The P90 is more likely than G11 since its ammo is shared with FiveSeven and is more modular. I think while the 5.7mm ammo is not common on enemies they can be bought quite cheaply from vendors by midgame, I don't expect it to be expensive since it is basically a low to moderate damage weapon with armor piercing effect.

Another possible weapons for the future releases would be the Kriss Vektor and maybe the Skorpion Evo, they are basically fast firing weapons with very little recoil and a good way to feed your accumulated pistol ammo to. I do expect the Institute to have some form of suppressed weapons for their silent assassination purposes instead of just the unstealthy energy weapons and these weapons can fit in quite well, though they would also show up in the hands of Gunners later on.

The P90 is another one that could get covered in a patch.

I can't really foresee having time for the Vektor or Evo, I'm afraid. They're okay, but I'm not as into them as a number of other weapons I hope to get time to cover at some point.

I think I remember a mod for FNV that added UV beams as stealth options for Energy weapons. It might have been one of MadCat's mods?

Those are more weapons that would be cool to have if I could just snap my fingers and say "done - they're in", but they're too similar to weapons that are already implemented in WARS for me to able to justify the huge time investment it would take to do them.

I've said before that I'd love to have the weapon range of Jagged Alliance 2 1.13 or one of the mega mods for 7.62 High Calibre/Hard Life, but that's just not going to happen at this level of fidelity. Fortunately though, there are a number of very high quality gun mods available for FO4 already, so we do have access to a pretty decent range as it stands.

Here are some shots of the L123A2 UGL (and accompanying 40mm grenade) in Substance Painter:

- SA80 12

- SA80 13

- SA80 14

I made the 40mm grenade in such a way that I can easily use it for other things if necessary. (E.g. I gave it its own set of textures.)

The L123A2 UGL base mesh (including the 40mm grenade) is by Mr Brightside and Noodum, with mesh edits, high-poly and textures by me. (As you can see though, the base mesh was actually for the AG36 - which the L123A2 UGL is derived from - so the mesh edits on my end were relatively significant this time.)

Huh. The ass end of the launcher looks to be wide open. It's my understanding that underbarrel grenade launchers are rimfire,but there's nothing,that I can see at least,like the Carl Gustaf's rear cap to keep the round from sliding back out,or to otherwise keep the grenade in position for firing.

Good work,I'm just wondering how this thing functions. It's how my brain works.