[WIP] Weapon Addition and Replacement Suite (WARS)

antistar

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Dual wielding is impressively impractical... Which means it's a long league away from the sphere of WARS,which aims for realism without compromising fun. That said,dual wielding is also impressive to see in action. For some reason,I've always had a soft spot for dual MP5k's or P90c's. Dunno why. You'll still need both hands to reload one of the things.

Closer to topic; I'm sort of amazed Antistar didn't spring for a Colt 1911. THE American pistol. And,thanks to its calibre,.45 ACP,a close quarters dominator.

Yep, an M1911 has been on The List for a while now.

Along with it being configurable as a regular M1911, as I've mentioned before I'm keen on making it possible to set it up like the iconic Hardballer Longslide from The Terminator. That's one of the main reasons I made the LPC laser sight currently used on the Mini-14, .44 Magnum, etc; so I could use it on the M1911. Additionally, add a suppressor to the stainless "Hardballer" variant and you get a passable reference to Mr Rieper's signature weapon in the Hitman games.

For yet another reference, I've been toying with the idea of giving it a "bayonet" in the form of a knife held in the off-hand. It would require some new animations, but I don't know... it should be fun. ;)

On dual-wielding; I've actually idly thought about how that might be done in FO4. Not as a general dual-wielding "system" - that would take someone smarter than I am to pull off, not to mention a humongous amount of new animation - just as an individual special-cased "weapon". I think it's probably possible - e.g. by animating the position of the projectile node in between shots so that they come from each barrel in turn - but there'd be some ifs and buts to it. Still, I am thinking about it - and you can probably guess the kind of reference I'd make with such a "weapon". ;)

Anyway, I'm working on those changes to the weapon skill perks that were brought up in the last page or so. Science! affects Energy weapons now - and I did go with a knock-down chance at higher ranks in the end, rather than a chance to set enemies on fire. It uses the same knock-down effect as the Sniper perk, only at a lower chance per shot (currently 1% at rank 3 and 3% at rank 4), since you can have automatic Energy weapons.

I'm about to do the Commando and Rifleman perks. Unfortunately I don't think I'll be able to have Rifleman increase fire-rate; it's the same problem as with affecting recoil via perks; there just isn't a perk entry point for attack speed, as far as I can see.

Recently I also added the option to give (most?) Automatron robots "Recharger" laser weapons that don't need ammo, unlike their other weapons (with WARS). They do much less damage than their regular laser weapons. It could be that I end up just making all their Energy weapons not need ammo though, to simplify things. (I'd probably nerf them too if I did that, however.) I kind of need to just play the game with Automatron first, to get an idea of how it all works. Along with all the rest of the DLC, I've been saving it for when WARS is ready.

I'm looking for a good USAS12 and of course it only exists so far in this not yet released mod. I have that old wasteland ordinance mod with the USAS12 but the bolt is totally in the wrong place and there are no sight options for it. The textures are really bad too. So far that is the only other source for this gun I can find, anyone here know of any other fallout 4 USAS12 guns that can be downloaded somewhere?

Hi again antistar, I have some more questions about the mod:

1. When setting the weapon's weights (more specifically their magazines), did you do it counting the magazine as full or empty?

I do some stat (mostly weight) tweaking myself on the weapon mods that I have installed, so it would be nice to know so I could be able to follow the same guideline.

2. Will there be unique models for the mod-added ammo? As in the 9mm Para or .32 ACP (for example) not using the cartridge and/or ammo box model of the vanilla .38 round?

3. Will there be any statistical benefit to using the short barrels besides slightly lower weight? I did read that the longer barrels no longer have any hip-fire penalty,

while I generally see that penalty as a representation of the fact that a longer barrel is more difficult to swing around in tight spaces (where one would think most hip-firing would happen).

4. What will the different ammo types (armour-piercing etc.) be exactly? Will there be explosive or hollow-point 5.56 ammo for example or buck-shot 40mm grenades.

5. I think I already know the answer to this one (which would be no), but I might as well ask: Will there be any visual/model change when rechambering a gun to a different cartridge?

For example will the glock look any different after rechambering to 9mm or .45 (the glock is the only gun in this mod that I remember you said would be able to be rechambered, that might be my bad memory).

And sorry if this came out sounding demanding or hostile, I don't intend it to.

Edit:

So I just noticed I wrote "I think I already know know" on the 5th question, and I've now fixed that writing error.

Noticed and fixed it almost three months after the fact... *sigh*.

Later Edit:

Also changed "and or" to "and/or" five months after the fact. (Why do I care to do this?)

Edited by Tenurialrope3