[WIP] Weapon Addition and Replacement Suite (WARS)

antistar

I would argue the 10mm pistol falls into the same category as the assault rifle - an extremely oversized, bulky and impractical design once you put on all the attachments which was clearly designed for Power Armor. I would argue that PA should only be able to use heavy weapons such as the minigun, gatling laser, junkjet etc as those are the ones that make most sense to be wielded in PA. It's ridiculous to be able to use something like the Deliverer considering the fingers wouldn't even fit through the trigger guard as with most other weapons actually. Of course, the selection of heavy weapons would then have to be increased and diversified.

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I would argue the 10mm pistol falls into the same category as the assault rifle - an extremely oversized, bulky and impractical design once you put on all the attachments which was clearly designed for Power Armor. I would argue that PA should only be able to use heavy weapons such as the minigun, gatling laser, junkjet etc as those are the ones that make most sense to be wielded in PA. It's ridiculous to be able to use something like the Deliverer considering the fingers wouldn't even fit through the trigger guard as with most other weapons actually. Of course, the selection of heavy weapons would then have to be increased and diversified.

I agree with you that the 10mm falls into the same category as the assault rifle, maybe not to the same degree but still I liked the previous concept of the 10mm pistol, less oversized and bulky and a little more practical. I also agree with you on the power armor requiring heavy weapons, I mean if I recall correctly in Fallout 3 didn't brotherhood of steel members wearing power armor typically wield miniguns, gatling lasers, flamers and other heavy weapons, along with Gauss rifles.

I agree with you that the 10mm falls into the same category as the assault rifle, maybe not to the same degree but still I liked the previous concept of the 10mm pistol, less oversized and bulky and a little more practical. I also agree with you on the power armor requiring heavy weapons, I mean if I recall correctly in Fallout 3 didn't brotherhood of steel members wearing power armor typically wield miniguns, gatling lasers, flamers and other heavy weapons, along with Gauss rifles.

Yes because that's what the heavy weapons in Fallout were designed and intended for: power armor usage. Bethesda being Bethesda however, thought it'd be too "controversial" or "niche" to restrict power armor weapon usage to just heavy weaponry. That plus the fact that as I said before, the selection of heavy weapons would have to be increased. I'm sure that if they went that route, mods allowing you to use any and all weapons in power armor would be fairly popular considering many favor convenience over realistic or immersive features. Jim Sterling is one such person for example, who doesn't like things like weapon degradation or horses crashing into trees and falling in RDR2 instead of just dodging around them automatically or stopping like they do in most games.

Yes because that's what the heavy weapons in Fallout were designed and intended for: power armor usage. Bethesda being Bethesda however, thought it'd be too "controversial" or "niche" to restrict power armor weapon usage to just heavy weaponry. That plus the fact that as I said before, the selection of heavy weapons would have to be increased. I'm sure that if they went that route, mods allowing you to use any and all weapons in power armor would be fairly popular considering many favor convenience over realistic or immersive features. Jim Sterling is one such person for example, who doesn't like things like weapon degradation or horses crashing into trees and falling in RDR2 instead of just dodging around them automatically or stopping like they do in most games.

Ugh I think they did it more to cater to your general populace of average Joe schmucks instead of their actual fans, trying to expand their fan base essentially. They've made both Fallout and The Elder Scrolls go from being dedicated RPGs to just your average First Person Shooter. I miss the concept of having to maintain your equipment, immersion ftw.

I don't blame them for that really because a lot of these "realistic" or "immersive" touches are seen as obstacles and annoyances that get in the way of fun so they become quite niche. This is the reason why no big AAA publisher wants to make a good hardcore post-apocalyptic survival game that goes all in on realism and immersion.

Let's see, for example, finding broken weapons laying around quite frequently. If you ask me, at least some of the weapons you find that have been sitting around for 200+ years should probably be broken "junk" items you can only scrap for some meager salvage components and should be heavily rusted and corroded. That's what makes sense the most but then again imagine the average player's frustration when they come across a weapon that is essentially useless. Maybe some of them could be repaired and restored with the right resources, depending on how long they've been sitting around seeing as how not all weapons are pre-war considering factions like the Gun Runners are manufacturing factory new weapons continuously.

Edited by Wylight

Yeah but a lot of us would use this mod in tandem with other mods like Cross Cybernetics or personal miniguns or strength based characters, that can wield heavy weapons. I don't think restricting things or forcing restrictions is a good way to make something fun. That's why games like XCOM or Fallout offer options, toggles, and mod tools.

Just let players decide what their games do for them.

Yeah but a lot of us would use this mod in tandem with other mods like Cross Cybernetics or personal miniguns or strength based characters, that can wield heavy weapons. I don't think restricting things or forcing restrictions is a good way to make something fun. That's why games like XCOM or Fallout offer options, toggles, and mod tools.

Just let players decide what their games do for them.

I'm suggesting a restriction solely for power armor weapon usage, a player character not using power armor would of course be able to wield any and all weapons, perhaps with a strength requirement for heavy ones. In most promotional shots and artwork, we see power armor soldiers mainly wielding heavy weapons which were designed specifically for those armors, anything else just looks a little ridiculous and out of place in my opinion, especially small arms such as pistols and smgs. This restriction would also help balance out Power Armor and make it less of an obvious choice since it's like "Hey you get all these advantages but you have to do maintenance, provide fusion cores AND you will only be able to use select weapons designed specifically for use with this armor". Fun is entirely subjective of course and you will never be able to design a game or a rather complex mod that accommodates each person's playing styles and notion of fun.

Hi I like the look of the way this mod is going, I was wondering if you had thought of giving the short versions of weapons like the sawn off shotgun the animations from pistols instead of the rifle animation. obviousely the calliber would need to be lowwer than for the long versions or you would break your wrist, but I always thought it would look cool if it was possible.