[WIP] Weapon Addition and Replacement Suite (WARS)

antistar

Dump question, if you only output one item, can that one item have a script attached to it? Say you craft an "ammo box", when the box is consumed it then outputs everything else.

Yes, you can; that's exactly the "cludgy workaround" I described in my last post (on the previous page now). Like I said there though, it's a pain to do if you've got hundreds of items that need that treatment.

An update while I'm here:

Still testing, still fixing/rebalancing things as I come across them. That side of things has been slowing down though - I'm finding less and less to fix - so right now I'm finishing up the documentation for everything so that people in the closed beta will know what everything does and how to install it. Should be pretty soon(!), though there are a bunch of different compatibility/support patches and they all need documentation/packaging up, so still a bit of monkeying around to do there.

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey just occured to me, is Isathar still working on AmmoTweaks V2? Also I just though I would share this mod:

https://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/69904

Wouldn't it allow for ammo crafting or it's using the same workaround? Also, would it be possible to do patches for mods like Armament or Munitions?

I haven't heard from isathar in a while; I don't know what's happening with AmmoTweaks v2.

If the mod you linked handles ammo breakdown (there's no mention that it does, that I saw), it's probably using a similar workaround, yes.

Making patches for WARS and mods like Armament and Munitions might not be too hard in terms of having the assets from those mods be used for ammo in WARS (though it'd be tedious to do), but WARS does have multiple ammo sub-types (AP, FMJ, JHP, Tracer, etc) for each ammo type, while as far as I know, those mods aren't set up for that.

To be fair though, I saved time and effort on that front in WARS by having different ammo sub-types all use the same ammo box, but with differently-coloured electrical tape on them to indicate the different sub-types. (With some exceptions, like the 9x19mm ammo boxes and things like missiles and 40x46mm grenades.) You really don't spend much time looking at ammo boxes in FO4 - and in my experience at least, you don't see bullet projectiles in any detail at all, for obvious reasons. (Okay, admittedly I don't use VATS, but then "don't use VATS" is a recommend gameplay setting mentioned in the WARS readme.)

Anyway, the same thing could be done using the assets from those mods (i.e. using electrical tape), but that approach may not live up to the fidelity of the assets in Armament especially. If you wanted the same fidelity seen in Armament - with unique art for all ammo sub-types seen in WARS, then... multiply the workload of Armament by 5-10.

Edited by antistar

• 2 weeks later...

Hello there Antistar. How's it going today? I hope that you're doing good and even WARS Project is still good progress for preparation of the closed beta (as you did mention about couple days ago). I'm very excited to try it out the closed beta that is release soon or later on when it is ready to release it. Now, I do have a question for you that is related to the closed beta of WARS. Is there a way to give you feedback by either mod nexus page or other websites that we can do feedback for the closed beta version of the WARS? Also I can help assist you in few examples, like one example with realignment of weapon scope/sights by using FO4edit (and with using tool of In-Game Sight Alignment Tool - Papyrus to help gather data for right alignment before editing it on FO4edit). I can send you my discord username if that is something that you're interesting in for helping you for the WARS project/feedback, too.

Otherwise, please let me know if you have any questions or concerns about this message.

Thank you,

From Winterworld19

Funny timing; I was just coming here to say that the closed beta can probably kick off in the next day or two. I'm just working out the last logistical bits and pieces. (Writing down what I'll be saying in the PMs I send to testers - that sort of thing.)

I'll post something in the FO4 Nexus image share section to grab the attention of a slightly wider audience, but I don't know yet how many testers I'll accept - I always end up seat-of-my-pantsing that - so in the meantime, people who are actually watching the WARS and PEACE WIP threads can get a head start:

Let me know if you'd like to help out as a beta tester on WARS and/or PEACE! You'll get access to both, but can choose which you want to use.

So far I've got down in my list the following people who said in the past that they'd like to help:

123yozard123

bludmarine
Longstrider92
Shanzyboo
UlyssesBennett

If that's you, feel free to confirm here in the WIP thread/s that you're still up for it - otherwise I'll send you a PM asking first before sending you the link for the beta.

I didn't start that list as early as I should (because I didn't expect the projects to take this long), so if you're not on that list but did say at some point that you wanted to help, then you'll have to remind me, sorry.

Is there a way to give you feedback by either mod nexus page or other websites that we can do feedback for the closed beta version of the WARS?

Also I can help assist you in few examples, like one example with realignment of weapon scope/sights by using FO4edit (and with using tool of In-Game Sight Alignment Tool - Papyrus to help gather data for right alignment before editing it on FO4edit).

I'll be asking testers to post bug reports and whatnot here in the WIP threads for WARS and PEACE, so that everyone's on the same page with what has and hasn't been reported.

Sight alignment is probably fine already - I spent a lot of painstaking time on that - but I'll certainly appreciate other people looking at them. That's what the beta is for, after all. ;)

I see. Unfortunately, I'm not on that list (that you did mention about current five testers that are listed) for the closed beta test for your WARS and PEACE. Would I needed to sign up for the closed beta test of the WARS and PEACE or is it already closed to sign up for the closed beta test of WARS and PEACE? I do wanted to help for the feedback for your closed beta of WARS and PEACE, if that's okay to you or not.

Otherwise, please let me know if you have any questions or concerns about this message.

Thank you,

From Winterworld19

Edited by Winterworld19

I see. Unfortunately, I'm not on that list (that you did mention about current five testers that are listed) for the closed beta test for your WARS and PEACE. Would I needed to sign up for the closed beta test of the WARS and PEACE or is it already closed to sign up for the closed beta test of WARS and PEACE? I do wanted to help for the feedback for your closed beta of WARS and PEACE, if that's okay to you or not.

Oh right, I should have added you to that list. Sorry, been a bit frazzled lately. That was a list of people who had offered to help out as a tester for the beta at some point in the past, and I didn't think to add you to it.

You're in; I'll appreciate the help - thanks. :)

Hey man you can cross me off I'm out an about for a bit and won't be of much service to you. Thanks though

Yep, no problem. :)