[WIP] Weapon Addition and Replacement Suite (WARS)

antistar

Hello Antistar I feel that "little missing" for the release of your mod, how is carrying the work? I hope you well, as you always have all my support, a hug

The Makeshift Anti-Materiel Rifle is mostly done now; just need to set up the (placeholder) crafting recipes for it and align its sights. After that is the Barrett M82 and then I'll be onto the plugin side of things in earnest.

I'm pretty keen to get started on that; I did a little bit the other day, actually. In vanilla, the difficulty slider is basically a bullet-sponginess slider, so I changed that. In WARS, both you and your enemies give and receive the same damage, regardless of difficulty level. The difficulty levels still change some other things; notably how likely you are to encounter Legendary enemies.

And obviously Survival difficulty changes a lot of things. That really should have been a separate toggle (or series of toggles, really) in the gameplay settings, not tied to a difficulty level. Like Hardcore mode in FNV.

Actually, while I'm on that, another thing I'll be changing is the Adrenaline perk. It will no longer boost damage, but instead increase kill XP.

My guess was pretty close then, can't wait for the M82 progress.

Do u think u'll do add on packs or something post release? I know the mods not done of course but just wondering if anythings planned after ur done.

There are more weapons I want to add after the initial release. The weapons likely to be done earlier on are the SA80, Tommy Gun, .223 Pistol and Skorpion vz. 61.

Hi, is the SA80 mentioned my SA80? If so i would suggest holding off for a while, i've just started work on it again and it is nearly finished. On a side note, if you can find an L86 barrel with permissions for me to use i'll add that myself. I plan on re-texturing and adding skins too.

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was looking through some of the screenshots earlier, and i noticed that the extended AR-15 stock seems to be set to an extremely far out position, talking from experience I know that it's very uncommon for even the tallest soldiers to have their stock that far out.

Other than that it looks like the mod is coming along nicely, really looking forward to it!

Hi, is the SA80 mentioned my SA80? If so i would suggest holding off for a while, i've just started work on it again and it is nearly finished. On a side note, if you can find an L86 barrel with permissions for me to use i'll add that myself. I plan on re-texturing and adding skins too.

No, I ported the same L85A1 and L85A2 resources by Tigg a while back myself. You can see Hitman's animations for it here and here. Placeholder textures there - just a straight port of Tigg's textures.

The SA80 has been on the back-burner because there's just been so much work to do for WARS in general and I need to make L86 and L22 parts for it; I'm planning to do those from scratch.

I was looking through some of the screenshots earlier, and i noticed that the extended AR-15 stock seems to be set to an extremely far out position, talking from experience I know that it's very uncommon for even the tallest soldiers to have their stock that far out.

Other than that it looks like the mod is coming along nicely, really looking forward to it!

I set up the models for the AR-15 stocks a while back of course, so I can't remember what my thinking was for sure there. I might have just set the M4 stock to be extended to around the same length as the fixed A2 stock.

I was working on the stats for the AR-15 stocks (and barrels, muzzle devices and a few other things) just yesterday actually, and the M4 stock being a bit shorter would fit in well with the stat differences I've got currently between it and the A2 stock. So I think I will shorten it a bit; thanks. :)

No, I ported the same L85A1 and L85A2 resources by Tigg a while back myself. You can see Hitman's animations for it here and here. Placeholder textures there - just a straight port of Tigg's textures.

The SA80 has been on the back-burner because there's just been so much work to do for WARS in general and I need to make L86 and L22 parts for it; I'm planning to do those from scratch.

I set up the models for the AR-15 stocks a while back of course, so I can't remember what my thinking was for sure there. I might have just set the M4 stock to be extended to around the same length as the fixed A2 stock.

I was working on the stats for the AR-15 stocks (and barrels, muzzle devices and a few other things) just yesterday actually, and the M4 stock being a bit shorter would fit in well with the stat differences I've got currently between it and the A2 stock. So I think I will shorten it a bit; thanks. :smile:

Nice, by the way will there be other kinds of AR-15 stock, such as Magpuls or crane stocks?

Nice, by the way will there be other kinds of AR-15 stock, such as Magpuls or crane stocks?

I've actually been intentionally avoiding newer furniture and attachments and whatnot - trying for a somewhat more "classic" look, while still allowing for the added functionality you get from certain attachments. (E.g. laser sights, fore-grips, reflex sights, muzzle devices, etc.)

Hi, I don't know if this has been asked before but will you allow single guns like the AR-15 and the Barret M82 to be ported to the Xbox instead of the whole mod. Because I'm pretty sure this mod is over the 2GB limit lol. Thanks

At the moment it's around 500MB compressed I think - but that's still pretty big and it is going to grow over time. In any case though, please see the FAQ in the second post; this is covered there.

A question,regarding tactical lasers and tactical lights; Is it at all possible to negatively impact an enemy's accuracy or pathfinding if you shine them in the face with these things? I realize that scripting can get nearly anything done,but you also said you want to make WARS/PEACE with minimal scripting.

That'd be cool, but I wouldn't want a feature like that unless characters visibly reacted to it - i.e. recoiling, shielding their eyes, etc - so that it's obvious what's happening (and that there is something happening).

If it's possible at all, I don't know if it's possible for me - and there's too much other work to do anyway, I'm afraid!

I've been getting into working out weapon behaviour/handling in WARS, starting with the AR-15 as a test case. Some of the notable changes so far (subject to change, as ever):

- Firing a rifle in full-auto without a butt-stock is spray 'n' pray. Lots of recoil. Semi-auto is more manageable but it's still going to jump around a lot. (And of course you can add stuff like a compensator and vertical fore-grip to help.)

- Mentioning it again: there is no automatic recoil recovery in WARS.

- Longer barrels have damage bonuses. (E.g. +5% for medium, +10% for long.)

- Long barrels no longer have hip-fire accuracy penalties.

- Muzzle devices no longer have range penalties.

- Haven't tried this yet as the AmmoTweaks update isn't out yet, but I'm thinking of having suppressors on semi/auto weapons decrease weapon durability since they make guns pretty dirty.

Actually, on that; I'm currently thinking that the AmmoTweaks condition level (think of the weapon condition meter in FO3/FNV) will represent "dirt" in WARS. Dirt and carbon and whatever else building up inside the weapon. (The meter in the HUD widget may even say "DIRT" rather than "CND" in WARS' case - I believe isathar is working on that.) If dirt gets too high (i.e. you go too long without using a cleaning kit), the weapon may be damaged, stepping down through the receiver condition levels I've mentioned before. (Awful, Poor, Average, Good, Perfect.)

At that point you'd need to "repair" the weapon by replacing the receiver, if you know how. That's basically the same as vanilla, in that as you level up and put points into Gun Nut/etc, you can craft better receivers.

Anyway, I've also been applying real-world automatic fire-rates to weapons (approximately). The game doesn't use rounds per minute (or second) values in the game or in the CK, so I had to get a stopwatch out and then do the dreaded mathematics. So far, I've done:

AR-15: 800 RPM

Glock: 1100 RPM

Mini-14: 750 RPM

USAS-12: 400 RPM

The Glock at that speed is something to see, and I haven't even tweaked its recoil values yet.

How will this mod affect things like BLD?

You mean Better Locational Damage? It depends on how it's made. If it makes edits to things like weapon and omod records (and it looks like it does) then it will require a patch. Otherwise it may be fine, or it may not, or it may need to load before WARS, or after it... it's hard to know without cracking it open.

WARS makes its own changes to locational damage, player and NPC health values... a lot of the same things, really. It's probably not as focussed on certain areas though. Looking at it more there (and it does look cool), it would almost certainly require a patch.