Triss armor: Allowed or not?

luddemann

Yesterday a mod that was taken from a chinese modpage was removed from the site. I believe it was taken directly from the witcher game somehow. The author wrote this on the page

"CDProjekt already claimed it's ok to use this mod IF - and only IF - the uploader gives the due credits"

I did not make this. I am simply re-sharing this with the skyrimnexus community because...well this site is for sharing mods, no matter where they came from,of course stealing and claiming as your own work is understandably not acceptable. I don't remember who made it because it was from an asian mod forum so the user name was in some form of asian writing.

Licensing/Legal:

All models in this pack are copyrighted, and belong to theyr oryginal authors and copyright holders. This mod is not an commercial modyfication and so you cant gain any profits by releasing any parts of it for any material benefits.

This mod is shared as an resource, you can break it to pieces, reuse it, add to your modyfication or whatever comes to your mind, WITHOUT THE NEED TO ASK ME ABOUT PERMISION as long as you copy paste credits from my readme into your readme and mod descryption. "

Am I allowed to upload my retex along with the mesh or will it be removed?

nope, my brother does. But I have played it :P

Take a moment and think about this answer.

Ok... Then there's the mod coming from a Chinese site where content which is ripped from other games is commonplace. Just because a game company seems to have a loose view on game restrictions doesn't necessarily mean that you should just go distributing their content everywhere you feel, especially when you played no personal role in the validity of that content. What it looks like here is that you're taking a mod you found on some site, saw that some of the content came from a company with a loose policy, and decided it was a great idea to upload the file somewhere else, and furthermore grant permissions (you really don't have) to other users to do whatever they want with it.

For the sake of simplicity, I would say "no".

It is allowed.

Yes both Vagrant and I have seen the communications from CD Projekt to Lon Hammonds.

I saw the original upload that was most definitively not posted on an "asian site" but another site I know well, and which we do not allow to mention here.

I also read the permissions though I didn't download it myself at the time.

There were full permissions to share with the warning that if you posted it to the Nexus you would have to accept the consequences (implied you would be unreasonably and summarily banned because we of course are unreasonable.)

Personally, I think if you want to use it, and enjoy it, the least you can do is support CD Projekt by buying the game it originated from. The Witcher 2.

Gotta love it when people post without knowing all the facts.

Verbatim from Fraper's original readme:

Licensing/Legal:

All models in this pack are copyrighted, and belong to theyr oryginal authors and copyright holders. This mod is not an commercial modyfication and so you cant gain any profits by releasing any parts of it for any material benefits.

This mod is shared as an resource, you can break it to pieces, reuse it, add to your modyfication or whatever comes to your mind, WITHOUT THE NEED TO ASK ME ABOUT PERMISION as long as you copy paste credits from my readme into your readme and mod descryption.

#Fraper

This mod is shared as an resource, you can break it to pieces, reuse it, add to your modyfication or whatever comes to your mind, WITHOUT THE NEED TO ASK ME ABOUT PERMISION as long as you copy paste credits from my readme into your readme and mod descryption.