Oblivion not launching

FrallusIsHere

Well... it launches for 1-2 seconds before crashing. Probs something to do with mods so here's me load order.

0 0 Oblivion.esm
1 1 Unofficial Oblivion Patch.esp
2 2 UOP Vampire Aging & Face Fix.esp
3 3 Oblivion Citadel Door Fix.esp
4 4 DLCShiveringIsles.esp
5 5 Unofficial Shivering Isles Patch.esp
6 6 OblivionReloaded.esp
7 7 OblivionReloadedArenaCombat.esp
8 8 DLCHorseArmor.esp
9 9 DLCHorseArmor - Unofficial Patch.esp
10 a DLCOrrery.esp
11 b DLCOrrery - Unofficial Patch.esp
12 c DLCVileLair.esp
13 d DLCVileLair - Unofficial Patch.esp
14 e DLCMehrunesRazor.esp
15 f DLCMehrunesRazor - Unofficial Patch.esp
16 10 DLCSpellTomes.esp
17 11 DLCSpellTomes - Unofficial Patch.esp
18 12 MaleBodyReplacerV4.esp
19 13 Immersive Weapons.esp
20 14 Thieves Arsenal.esp
21 15 DLCThievesDen.esp
22 16 DLCThievesDen - Unofficial Patch.esp
23 17 DLCThievesDen - Unofficial Patch - SSSB.esp
24 18 Cyrodiil transportation network.esp
25 19 cyrodiil transportation network wz.esp
26 1a Cyrodiil transportation network OC.esp
27 1b Cyrodiil Transportation Network WZ OC.esp
28 1c Kvatch Rebuilt.esp
29 1d DLCBattlehornCastle.esp
30 1e DLCBattlehornCastle - Unofficial Patch.esp
31 1f DLCFrostcrag.esp
32 20 DLCFrostcrag - Unofficial Patch.esp
33 21 BrumaMGRestored.esp
34 22 OCBruma+BrumaMGRestored Patch.esp
35 23 BrumaMGRestored-Frostcrag.esp
36 24 Knights.esp
37 25 Knights - Unofficial Patch.esp
38 26 OCC-KOTN-Patch.esp
39 27 road+bridges.esp
40 28 xuldarkforest.esp
41 29 xulStendarrValley.esp
42 2a xulTheHeath.esp
43 2b xulEntiusGorge.esp
44 2c xulFallenleafEverglade.esp
45 2d xulColovianHighlands_EV.esp
46 2e xulBeachesOfCyrodiilLostCoast.esp
47 2f xulBravilBarrowfields.esp
48 30 xulLushWoodlands.esp
49 31 xulAncientYews.esp
50 32 xulAncientRedwoods.esp
51 33 xulCloudtopMountains.esp
52 34 xulArriusCreek.esp
53 35 xulPatch_AY_AC.esp
54 36 xulRollingHills_EV.esp
55 37 xulPantherRiver.esp
56 38 xulRiverEthe.esp
57 39 xulBrenaRiverRavine.esp
58 3a xulImperialIsle.esp
59 3b xulBlackwoodForest.esp
60 3c xulCheydinhalFalls.esp
61 3d xulAspenWood.esp
62 3e xulSkingradOutskirts.esp
63 3f xulSnowdale.esp
64 40 xulCliffsOfAnvil.esp
65 41 xulSilverfishRiverValley.esp
66 42 xulJerallGlacier.esp
67 43 xulTheEasternPeaks.esp
68 44 Unique Landscapes.esp
69 45 Alternative Beginnings.esp
70 46 Alternative Beginnings - Kvatch Intact.esp
71 47 pmCrimeHandler.esp
72 48 SM Combat Hide.esp
73 49 kuerteeCrimeHasWitnesses.esp
74 4a Enhanced Grabbing.esp
75 4b Beautiful PeopleV22 - MaleReplacerV4.esp
76 4c Oblivion_Character_Overhaul.esp
And just in case it's useful in any way, here's my specs:
sapphire r9 270x 2gb | FX-8350 | 16gb ram
What is the problem?

I don't use any of the Unique Landscape stuff, but wouldn't the main Unique Landscape.esp go before all of the xul ESPs? What do you use to sort load order?

Well that should eliminate any possibility of load order being the problem.

Did you just install the game, and if so did you start the game before adding any mods?

If it's a problem with Oblivion.ini you can rename Oblivion.ini (found in the Users\[username]\ Documents\My Games\Oblivion folder for Windows versions Vista and newer ... NOT Oblivion_Default.ini found in your game's Oblivion folder). I suggest changing the name to Oblivion_BU.ini and then start the game as far as the main menu. The game will build a new Oblivion.ini based on your hardware. You may need to go through the game setup menus to adjust your screen resolution etc, and if you have any Oblivion.ini tweaks with your previous Oblivion.ini you can transfer those over from your backup Oblivion_BU.ini (but I would do that one at a time, and test in between).

- Edit - Also, it appears you are maybe using Wrye Bash (though I don't see a bashed patch in your load order). If you have "lock load order" set in WB and are running BOSS from the BOSS desktop icon (i.e. you are not starting BOSS from within WB) then WB will undo the BOSS sorted load order if you run BOSS and then start WB.

Edited by Striker879

Well that should eliminate any possibility of load order being the problem.

Did you just install the game, and if so did you start the game before adding any mods?

If it's a problem with Oblivion.ini you can rename Oblivion.ini (found in the Users\[username]\ Documents\My Games\Oblivion folder for Windows versions Vista and newer ... NOT Oblivion_Default.ini found in your game's Oblivion folder). I suggest changing the name to Oblivion_BU.ini and then start the game as far as the main menu. The game will build a new Oblivion.ini based on your hardware. You may need to go through the game setup menus to adjust your screen resolution etc, and if you have any Oblivion.ini tweaks with your previous Oblivion.ini you can transfer those over from your backup Oblivion_BU.ini (but I would do that one at a time, and test in between).

- Edit - Also, it appears you are maybe using Wrye Bash (though I don't see a bashed patch in your load order). If you have "lock load order" set in WB and are running BOSS from the BOSS desktop icon (i.e. you are not starting BOSS from within WB) then WB will undo the BOSS sorted load order if you run BOSS and then start WB.

did a new oblivion.ini and it's still crashing

You may well be in the situation where your only recourse is to start uninstalling mods and checking until you find the one that's causing trouble. For mods that are dependent on one another like the Unique Landscapes you'll need to uninstall the lot of them to test. Others could be done in groups to speed up narrowing things down or individually.

It seems that more often than not the slowest way of installing mods is in fact the quickest ... one mod at a time and test thoroughly in between. When you run into issues using that method troubleshooting is a trivial affair.

The tried and true method is install the game and confirm that just the vanilla game is working correctly and setup to your liking before adding any mods.

My recommendation is to run through the tutorial dungeon up to the point that you can just see the sewer exit in the distance (i.e. before you get the character finalization menus) and make a save. This save will come in handy if you decide to create another character but don't want to go through the tutorial again. Exit the sewer and make another save, not overwriting the before sewer exit save ... this will be your "continue this character after I'm done installing mods" save. Go to the Imperial City Market District and confirm that the game is running vanilla properly. You can make another save in or near the market District to use as a mod testing save or wherever you think will be convenient for testing. Then start adding mods and testing using your testing save.

Edited by Striker879