Real 1st Person view (WIP)

3AMt

• Replies 159
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I can't wait fro this mod, i hope it gets released soon :thumbsup:

looks really promising, things like this should of been done in the first place.

Next footprints in snow :biggrin:

I MUST say, this is one of the best mods I am looking forward too...

Totally makes up for a serious lack; how could they not have seen that missing? Air below me? Blasphemy...

That was one of the main reasons Thi3f was worth playing. Good luck to you brilliant sir, you can do it!

I have played around with the animation files for a while now and there are some things I found out:

Some of the animations used in 1st person are not available in 3rd person (a diagonal sword hit for example), mostly they can replaced by something else (I replaced them with the standard left or right hits from 3rd person) In some other cases 3rd person animations are not available in 1st person and this is not so good. There are no animations for backward and forward swimming and no walking and shield holding at the same time. An other big problem are the horse riding anims. The camera leaves the characters head and is placed somewhere under the horse. I've found out that the 3rd person skeleton is used for the horseriding animations (head and feet visible). But the camera sticks in the ground. I've found a txt.file called "horseproject" in the Skyrim - Animations.bsa:

Reanimated:0.9

AddCharacterControllerToWorld:0.9

GetUpEnd:2

Changing these values don't make any change ingame, however I can change the root to the skeleton.hkx files -> Nothing happend ingame

This may all sounds more bad as it is. But I can say most things are working very well now and I played with this the last days. Doing bug tracking and fixes as much as possible until the CK comes out.

So I'm really looking forward to this.

say you're swinging your sword, do the third person animations look different from the first person, when viewing them as first person? hopefully it wont make them look awkward.

The 3rd person animations are used for the first persone view. They are exacly the same. Don't think it lookes awkard but it't definatly nothing for people with motion sickness. It's planned to smooth some jerky animations, so there will some small differences when the animations are changed.

Edited by 3AMt

cool..this can really make 1st person view in battle look far much better.....mostly use 3rd person in open world, but in small dungeon or cave and especially when using bow, 1st person view will definitely neccesary...

also hoping there will be screen overlay when wearing some hood or full face helmet, same thing like Project Nevada mod for Fallout new vegas.

anyway awesome job for creating this.

This is the kind of thing that I would download once its finished. Any chance of getting it working with helmets & hoods in the future?