TES Arena is Back!!

worm82075

maybe in 2 years TES Oblivion will be free also, ya? I Hope they were lying when they said that oblivion was the last of TES series...

No offense, but what are you smoking? Games don't become free after 4 years.

Arena has been free for several years already, and it will probably stay like that 'forever'.

If you're going to play Arena on Dosbox (which is recommended), you should probably use this tutorial instead of the normal Dosbox one, because it's made specifically for Arena, so it tells you exactly how to install it and what the best settings are. :)

Thanks Pov, for the tutorial and for not ripping on me for sharing something I was shamefully unaware of until recently. I'm sure a lot of people did or do not know about that download.

@Ninja, well actually in 2 years Oblivion would be 6 years old

@Scrybe, The only reason Arena is free is because it is written in DOS and as you may already know, DOS is obsolete. No one in their right mind would buy a program that can't be run independently on today's operating systems. Oblivion, on the other hand is steadily approaching the status of one of the worlds all-time best selling games. Because of that demand it is probable that Oblivion will still be selling for 30-50$US, for the duration of the coming decade and will never be free. Like Daggerfall it will most likely be discontinued long before it is made freely available to the public.

As for this being the end of the TES series, allow me to alleviate your concerns on this matter.

Yes, the evidence is overwhelming that there will be a TES MMO. A) Zenimax Media has purchased the domain name "The Elder Scrolls Online" B) A major investment of three hundred million dollars has been levied by an online MMO game developer(I forget who)

The Offical Oblivion site no longer exists, but then again the Official Morrowind Site was shut down upon the release of Oblivion so that really means nothing. The truth is the majority of TES fans despise MMOs. Bethesda is looking to expand their customer base, not trade one for another. Since the majority of MMO players don't like single player games it stands to reason that both markets will be exploited. Expect to see both a TES V and a TES MMO in the next three or four years. The single player game may very well be tied to the multi-player in some way or another. Fear not friend for we shall not be abandoned. To help you and anyone else to believe this as truth, watch this Fallout 3 interview with Bethesda's lead programmer and you will see that they are a lot like us and that they are listening to us when we tell them what we want in a game. I have much respect for these guys and even more faith that they will continue to give us enormous bang for our buck.

@Ninja, well actually in 2 years Oblivion would be 6 years old

That's some strange math you're using there. Oblivion came out in 2006.

Just seems like it has been longer.

I stand corrected, but I notice you did not disagree with my other points, thats a good sign.

...and that they are listening to us...

I heard that...

"differences between console and the pc?"

"interface...bla...keyboard shortcuts...bla"

In other words:

"Same procedure than last game?"

"Same procedure than every game!"

Oh Sophie, have a break with music:

"...I've got cocaine runnin' around my brain

I've got cocaine runnin' around my brain..." (Dillinger)

No offense, just stumbled across what's obvious. For some simple minds words act as plain triggers. In this case the trigger is "community", and it reminds them to the critics but also to the point that people will buy like they've done before, even if it's crap.

What an interesting mind: Ppl want to engage problems just to go back, become stronger, reengage and kick some asses, and i heard him loud and clear: he understands that...

Don't get angry, no offend at all. But... can the times get weirder?

There were times when ppl who wanted to develop games had to do it all by theirself. Nowadays with all that middleware like gamebryo every retard with enough money can rent a superb engine and flood the world with crap, nothing but crap.

But then again... expect the worst and by chance...

Why are you talking about retards renting superb engines and all that??

We're talking about Bethesda here, not some little kid sitting in his room trying to make a game... (But you are right in what you say though :) )

Archived