Bethesda's voice acting

JanusForbeare

There's another one from oblivion (did guards there) who is almost as annoying, haven't identified him yet.

Wes Johnson? I found his YouTube channel yesterday. He posted a video (well, more like a picture with a voiceover) making fun of the arrow to the knee jokes and his Imperial guard characters.

Awesome vid! ;D Thanks for sharing. :)

Edited by AurianaValoria1

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My favourite voice actor in the game I can't put a name to, since the IMDB cast list doesn't mention any of the characters he did. He must be one of the 'Nords' guys, but I don't know which. He's easy to find in the game though, since he notably (for me) does Olfrid Battleborn and Wuunferth the Unliving. His voice is just....uniquely brilliant. Never heard anyone like him. I also like Paul Eiding as Galmar Stone-Fist, since he's one of the few people who sounds like they give a damn about....anything really, without being a bad VA. There's a sincerity to Galmars lines that are pretty damn rare throughout the whole game (another reason I like Mr. Wuunferth, he's actually also just plain good at the job).

My special award for 'not really noticed but actually brilliant' award goes to whoever does the Thalmor voices (presumably Neil Dickson judging by the IMDB list), since his lines always sound good. They reach a special high point when you infiltrate the Thalmor Embassy, and listen to him basically have a conversation with himself (it's a couple of soldiers) about how hopefully a dragon will eat the arrogant mages first so they can run or kill it while it's distracted.

That's Jim Cummings. He's a very talented and prolific voice actor with a memorable voice. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jim_Cummings

IMDB claims he voiced Farengar Secret-Fire, but that's clearly wrong.

Cool video with him:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vgn9k9cuTjM

Oh yeah, and he was also Minsc.

Edited by Tyrannus007

There's another one from oblivion (did guards there) who is almost as annoying, haven't identified him yet.

Wes Johnson? I found his YouTube channel yesterday. He posted a video (well, more like a picture with a voiceover) making fun of the arrow to the knee jokes and his Imperial guard characters.

Hehe :)

No its not him. Although I don't like his voice much either. Mainly because it's been so over-used I guess.

Thats the problem with those distinct voices. They stand out and when they have repetitive lines it just gets annoying. If they'd used Vladimir "Ulfric" Kulich as a guard voice you'd get sick of him too. Now he's very good.

Other I like are the Arngeir, Delphine and Paarthurnax.

Also those like Astrid that do not stand out much and are just natural. In some ways the less memorable the voice the better job they've done.

Love this section! I too miss Patrick Stewart's voice btw, but my "good" is Max Von Sydow.....what a wonderful "older" kind of voice to have in the game. You know I know someone's going to laugh but I have to say this, but as far as the female voices, I just LOVE the girl who does Fastred and the cute girl from Shor's Stone. I think I have a crush on that voice, and I'm a woman! And straight! LOL! Oh well, I guess that makes me a little bi-curious or something, because I also LOVE Brynjolf's voice. Every time he says something and calls me "lass" I could just melt into the floor. Shame I can't marry him! ;)

Tracy, having way too much fun with this game (although, like everyone else, is tired of the guard's lame Ah-nold impersonations)

I also LOVE Brynjolf's voice. Every time he says something and calls me "lass" I could just melt into the floor. Shame I can't marry him! ;)

I think there are already a few "marry anybody" mods out there. Check the "Gameplay effects and changes" section and enjoy!

Seriously, the worst voice acting part I've seen I think is when the dragon attacks the western watch tower, you're brought to the Jarl along with his housecarl, mage and the guard who just ran all the way from the western watch tower to report it.

"Oh yeah I ran all the way here, it was really hard, I could really use a drink, maybe some food, sleep... Dragon? OH YEAH, that's right, the dragon..."

Seriously, the worst voice acting part I've seen I think is when the dragon attacks the western watch tower, you're brought to the Jarl along with his housecarl, mage and the guard who just ran all the way from the western watch tower to report it.

"Oh yeah I ran all the way here, it was really hard, I could really use a drink, maybe some food, sleep... Dragon? OH YEAH, that's right, the dragon..."

Favourite is esbern but I also think the voice acting for the guy in the square (I'm not big on names am I ?) in whiterun at the shrine of talos is funny, but does a great job too.