Suggestion: Simple spinning models for loading screen

thestigma

Hey all,

I got a simple idea for a mod I think could make loading screens a lot more interresting.

Simply - making the models rotate...

There is already a nice mod that does this for the main menu:

http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/7801/?tab=2&navtag=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.nexusmods.com%2Fskyrim%2Fajax%2Fmodfiles%2F%3Fid%3D7801&pUp=1

and IMO the effect is really nice.

I would just like to see this applied to all loading screens. They have really nice models, but manually rotating them is a hassle - and you end up not seeing all the cool detail on them.

Also: I think rotating them would tend to greatly reduce the artifacting that comes with ENB postprocessing-AA (shimmering edges) since those sorts of artifacts are mostly noticable on exactly such slow panning camera motions (that you rarely see elsewhere in the game).

I naively assume that the mod mentioned above could be used as a template for this to make the work easy.

That mod doesn't even seem to use an ESP - I guess the model rotation is just a part of the .nif?

edit: yes that seems to be the case, so making such a mod seems like it would only involve loading up nif the models used, applying the rotate and saving as a mod. Unfortunately I'm a noob who has never used nifskope before and it looks scary :P I might try to learn, but I bet that this stuff is trivial to an experienced modder. (maybe if someone tell tell me how, if it is not too hard, I can do all the gruntwork of working through all the files and testing for bugs).

EDIT:

Extra idea for loadscreens (but probably far more work):

Take the actual player model (with current equipped gear, or at least one recently cached from some point) and randomly apply some suitable poses (probably many suitable premade ones to use here) and apply to loadscreen.

Everyone loves vanity :D

Insert randomly into the other loadscreens, maybe 10-20%

-Stigma

Edited by thestigma