Red Rocket empty? Potential issues....

blackhand8657

ok, considering starting a new game but before I do I'm thinking of using the CK of clearing Red Rocket (Sanctuary) of everything; debris, trash, unnecessary stuff, but mainly the gas station itself. I know, it wont be 'Red Rocket' anymore after doing so but the reason I want to do that is because I want a settlement for myself but close enough to Sanctuary and want to be able to build a player home/retreat just for me, kinda like Skyrim Hearthfire houses, with maybe just a few settlers, like a housecarl almost. Anyway, the point of this topic is I'm asking if anyone has done this but had issues with it, mainly with meeting dogmeat/molerats, any quest problems or other issues. Just want to know before I get into it... Thank you in advance for feedback

Edit: To be on the safe side, if I do make this mod, I'm probably gonna keep it inactive until after I meet dogmeat to avoid any issues like that

Edited by blackhand8657

Edit: To be on the safe side, if I do make this mod, I'm probably gonna keep it inactive until after I meet dogmeat to avoid any issues like that

I would be extremely careful with Red Rocket as well as Sanctuary. Both locations have initial quests tied to them and many mod attempts at restoring Sanctuary messed up the Codsworth quest right at the start. At Red Rocket, as you already said, Dogmeat might be an issue.

I would also say, if you want to do it entirely for yourself, rather start as normal, but use Scrap Everything, which also gives you the advantage of storing the debris as building materials which you will need sooner rather than later.

I would be extremely careful with Red Rocket as well as Sanctuary. Both locations have initial quests tied to them and many mod attempts at restoring Sanctuary messed up the Codsworth quest right at the start. At Red Rocket, as you already said, Dogmeat might be an issue.

I would also say, if you want to do it entirely for yourself, rather start as normal, but use Scrap Everything, which also gives you the advantage of storing the debris as building materials which you will need sooner rather than later.

does Scrap Everything scrap the gas station too? I've been using Spring Cleaning (which hasnt been updated since january) doesn't scrap the gas station, thats the main thing I want to get rid of

does Scrap Everything scrap the gas station too? I've been using Spring Cleaning (which hasnt been updated since january) doesn't scrap the gas station, thats the main thing I want to get rid of

Spring cleaning has been updated in september. And it does scrap buildings too if you check the option. Scrap everything scraps what the title says. So caution is advised. But still better than trying to fiddle with the CK to change vanilla parameters.

The description page for Spring Cleaning was updated in September but the actual file hasn't been updated since January 2016. I still recommend Scrap Everything over Spring Cleaning. That said, I'd also be cautious using the CK to do your scrapping. You'd probably/maybe be ok as long as you didn't remove the mole rats, the Dogmeat and quest markers, but its still a bit of a risk if you don't really know what you're doing. Without having looked at it myself, I'd guess those markers are connected somehow to the workbench and who knows what else. You'd have to make really sure you don't get rid of or disable any persistent, linked refs.

The description page for Spring Cleaning was updated in September but the actual file hasn't been updated since January 2016. I still recommend Scrap Everything over Spring Cleaning. That said, I'd also be cautious using the CK to do your scrapping. You'd probably/maybe be ok as long as you didn't remove the mole rats, the Dogmeat and quest markers, but its still a bit of a risk if you don't really know what you're doing. Without having looked at it myself, I'd guess those markers are connected somehow to the workbench and who knows what else. You'd have to make really sure you don't get rid of or disable any persistent, linked refs.

yea, took a look at red rocket in the CK last nite to get an idea of what i'd be dealing with and honestly, my luck, i'll screw something up so i'm gonna give Scrap Everything a shot

Just make sure that Scrap Everything is right at the bottom of the plug-in list, otherwise it may not scrap everything.

I read it's best placed there, but when I had it running I didn't check the load order. It still did what it's supposed to do. But, no hurt in placing it at the end of the list.

Just make sure that Scrap Everything is right at the bottom of the plug-in list, otherwise it may not scrap everything.

I read it's best placed there, but when I had it running I didn't check the load order. It still did what it's supposed to do. But, no hurt in placing it at the end of the list.

I've accidentally run it for somewhat lengthy periods of time higher in the list and most of the time it didn't matter. But periodically it does and stuff I scrapped will come back until I moved it back down to the bottom of my list. I think it depends heavily on what you have running after it.