Grand sould gems

eregor2

After being a vampire during the quest of Seridor, I've been searching for 5 grand soul gems but in the wildnerness, I've die rather quick during sunlight hours so I reverted to an old save game before the vampire quest, now I wonder where I can get my hands on the gems in case I become a vampire again.

It's been awhile but from what I remember they become available in certain caves and ruins during the Vampire Cure quest. Just remember to sleep or hide inside cave during the day. And if you're running OOO do not equip Light of Dawn if you are a vampire. If you're not running OOO, get it. It is a must have mod.

You could steal some from the lobby of the Arcane University. They have a few locked up in display cases, right in the entrance. You odn't even need to be a member to steal them.

what's OOO and I can find it also how to instal it? I have no mods atm.

It's been awhile but from what I remember they become available in certain caves and ruins during the Vampire Cure quest. Just remember to sleep or hide inside cave during the day. And if you're running OOO do not equip Light of Dawn if you are a vampire. If you're not running OOO, get it. It is a must have mod.

Edited by eregor2

Where I can find this plug-in and how to install it, I'm running windows 7 home premium.

If you have the Wizard's Tower official plug-in there's a merchant at The Mystic Emporium named Aurelinwae who sells empty grand soul gems, I think five of them but I can't remember. :thumbsup:

thanks for the tip, I stole 3 grand sould gems in lobby of the Arcane University.

You could steal some from the lobby of the Arcane University. They have a few locked up in display cases, right in the entrance. You odn't even need to be a member to steal them.

Oscuro's Oblivion Overhaul is a mod that can be found in the TESNexus. It is very good as it makes the game more challenging and adds several quests and other things. You should checkout the top 100 mod list. You may want to looki into getting the Oblivion Mod Manager (OBMM) and BOSS to help with mod load order.

Oscuro's Oblivion Overhaul is a mod that can be found in the TESNexus. It is very good as it makes the game more challenging and adds several quests and other things. You should checkout the top 100 mod list. You may want to looki into getting the Oblivion Mod Manager (OBMM) and BOSS to help with mod load order.

I have 2 differents grand soul gems, one is worth 200 gold and the others 500 each, why the difference?

Another of my UESP Wiki quotes, this time from the page on Soul Gems

Note: These IDs and values are set at the time you acquire a soul gem, and do not get changed when you fill the soul gem with a soul. In other words, if you pick up an empty grand soul gem, its value will be 200 gold. That value does not change when you fill it. Therefore, you can end up with grand soul gems containing grand souls with two different values, both 200 gold and 500 gold.