Saints Row: the Third

Korodic

DLC you have to pay for? Alright. DLC available one day 1? hmmm.... Paying for Cheat Codes? They are definitely intentionally ripping us off, the people that make them money in the first place. I mean really, $3 for cheat codes? This is ridiculous. Then they have pre-order stuff you can't get unless you pre-ordered it in the first place. To me, this is just disgusting, and honestly, I'd return this game if I could. I can certainly say I won't be paying a penny towards the next THQ-Volition game I see on the shelf.

"More cheats than you'll know what to do with. Never worry about dying or running out of ammo! Unlock the Get Down Cheat that makes you ultra limber. Super Saints gives you better guns and better health while Ultimate Clip ensures that you're always ready to fire. Get Infinite Mass for your vehicle plus Super Explosions and you'll be ready for anything!"

Talk about beyond a joke...seems like they sold half a game and the rest is just overpriced DLC.

When the game is already pretty forgiving damage and kill-wise, casual mode is easysauce, and you can get yourself pretty much immortal and with infinite ammo just from getting your respect high enough, what do you need cheat codes for exactly? Given that those cheats also seem to lock you out of auto-saves and achievements, why even bother?

Yep, it's greedy marketing, but frankly all of their DLC so far has been about on the same level as horse armor in my book.

The plan is to nickle and dime players to death, a letter to investors was posted on Volitions boards making it clear what they intended to do. Compare Saints Rows 2 to Saints Row 3, the lack of content in the latter is shocking. I pre-ordered and wish I hadn't, if I could return it I would.

Yea, i saw the dlc too. That is ridiculus.

They wanted to charge a few bucks for some obscure weapon too. The only people who i could possibly conceive of paying more money for something so obscure is a early teenager, who cant buy the game anyway.

Im severely dissapointed with not only the level of detail in the campaign but the capaign itself is so poorly written that none of it is faintly conceivable.

They break half of the RPS rules for games too. http://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2011/12/29/the-complete-rules-for-games/

Half the reason i liked saints row two was the cutscenes and they've curtailed those too.

I cant even get the cops to chase me. Makes me miss gta....

*sigh*

Hey JD did you ever finish those youtube geck tutorials?

I tempted on taking back my Copy back to eb, Skyrim is forgivable though, its built in to the game, but the console version lacks that luxury. Edited by Thor.

I don't really get it. Why all this commotion? I saw right away that the DLCs weren't worth my money, thus, I didn't buy them.

It's probably that the first three or so DLC were purposely withheld from the end game and are only unlocked by paying, rather than being something extra, combined with missions that are really just activities (the same activities a few times actually), and limited customization.