Courier care package mod

SkyrimDarling

So I was thinking it would really nice if once in a while the courier would come with good news, not "help needed" or "Lydia is dead" but a nice note from your husband/wife or friends(people who you've completed a quest for, potential marriage partners or followers). they don't need to be long or complicated, just "hope you are", or "don't get yourself killed" maybe included a gift off a cooked meal or health potion. beauty is because the note is written you can make more elaborate notes, love poems or something. I think the game is capable of writing, as my name was in kodlak journal and apparently your spouse will occasionally give you a gifts. I guess it's even possible to make more personal letters, like Erik the slayer can write about some little adventure. I'm sure there are many people here who could come up with some adventures. I don't know much (by that I mean anything) about modding but I'm guessing that this would be like a random event, wouldn't need a quest line or anything.

I was thinking that while all these more advanced mods might take a long time it would be relatively quick and easy to make the care-package separately and in such a way that it would contribute to but be stand alone. would you mind replying under the third link in my signature? I'm trying to get more interest in this. I can contribute to it as a writer but unfortunately I've never modded anything ever. I only just decided to do anything more involved than download mods I think I'd only really need one modded but I'm not sure. Practically everything is in the game already. should be able to work along side any future romance or independent companion mods, which I'm looking forward to.

This would be a nice gesture from those you have been interacting with in the game.

The couriers could also been used in quest, where something needs to be finished or instead of waiting for some point in the quest (ex: NPC in quest: "I need to make the sword with what you have brought me at next full moon". PC now have 2 options, either tell the NPC "I'll be back for it" or tell the NPC "to send a courier with word, or the finished item itself" The Courier need then to use the same way of finding you, as if the PC did some courier quest. The longer time it has passed the longer time it will take for the courier to find the PC. It needs to ask other NPC in towns or along the road, where is "PC". And the PC can leave clues at barkeepers, shops, guards, horsemen, etc

Wow... This Courier mod could be mind blowing and huge. :) Hope someone will take this and put it into some use.

I'm sure there's tricky scripting into this but that's an awesome idea indeed. An excellent add to make the game more immersive.

I think some "Love Letters" would be cool even if just for the fun of it and because you actually can. Maybe comic Love Letters, Friendly Letters just for the pleasure of reading too. That's an idea to hold on to. Good luck :)

...or something like: "my abusive husband is back with his drunken gang again. Please rescue me once more". When PC arrives the shack is empty, and you need to search for clues and track them to a nearby cave. And the quest can go on further.

But more important is if PC dont wanna accept the new quest, he can pay the courier a coin and send him to the guards of the Helm the quest giver belongs to.