2Gb of RAM limitation

janicisildur

Hi guys,

I have 6Gb of RAM and I know that the minimum RAM for Skyrim is 8Gb.

However when I play the game, the game or windows limits the use of RAM to 2Gb despite I still have more than 2 Gb free of use on my computer.
As a consequence I experience stuterring due to loading elements. :(

I checked that the game is actually able to run more than 2 Gb by using the CFF explorer software.
Increasing the virtual memory to the maximum recommended helped a bit (gain 200 Mb).

Anyone experiencing the same? Any trick or solution is welcome.
THX in advance

My Config
Core 2-duo E6400 overclock @ 4GHz (I know it s old but not running @ 100% so far)
6 Gb of ram
GTX 970 with 4 Gb of VRAM
SSD
Windows 7 64 bits

CPU & GPU are not running to 100% so I still have a lot of margin on this side ;) (monitored with Skyrim Performance Monitor 64)

Your RAM usage is fine imo, you don't need to be allocating 100% of your RAM all the time. Requirements aren't accurate to be honest, you are fine with 6gb, have you tested other games? If the problem is in Windows like you said, this should happen on every other game.

Stutter due to loading elements could also happen because of using more VRam than your GPU has, are you monitoring Vram too?

Hi Gran,

Yes I monitored VRAM as well and I still have 1 Gb free, I think we can exclude the VRAM issue. The witcher 2 Special edition was running pretty well with nearly all settings on Ultra.

I should launch the Witcher 3 to see what happens (its next on my playing list :thumbsup: ).