Boats.

RbtRvltin

Boats  

19 members have voted

1. 1. Should Skyrim Have Ownable, Floating Boats?

• Heck yes!
    • Yeah...
    • Idk
    • No, that's a stupid idea >:O

Perhaps this is a stupid idea, if it is, tell me. < _ <

If anyone looks at a map of skyrim, you will see about 30% (roughly) of it is water. If you have played Skyrim for more than ten minutes, you will know that water is simply there to slow you down. If you haven't, go play it, it's awesome :).

I believe that water should have an actual function besides hiding underwater chests and looking pretty. Say, for instance, the annoyingly immobile and unfeatured boats. I honestly don't understand how Bethesda can waste all that pretty water. If you do, please explain it to me :D. Now, Since steam power is what made boats largely available as feasible adn reliable transportation, I suppose I could see them breaking the immersion somewhat, right? Wrong. The Dwemer can make annoying spinny blades come out of the ground on command, Giant centurions that have *Steam Cannons*, so actually, it makes perfect sense. Now, I realize the much-awaited CK is not out yet, and therefore all our lovely modders have nothing but textures to remap and meshes to replace, and the like. I can respect that. However, I haven't seen anyone( at least not on these forums) suggest *owning boats*. Much like the houses we all know and love, only on the high seas of Skyrim. Like to live in and sail around on, and make boat noises on. This would be quite lovely, and I'm sure everyone else agrees. (Right? Riiiight?) So, anyone interested in making this once the CK comes out will get a great big virtual hug from yours truly. Everyone else, lemme know what you think :D

Edited by RbtRvltin

• 5 weeks later...

You'd have to fix the water first. Those waterfalls? They're essentially decor with the ability to force-push you "downstream". Not actually water.

If you could or couldn't, it would still be cool, albeit rather useless in my opinion, since there's nowhere really to go in that water.

Maybe there will be some pirate or sailor mod that lets you sail to new mini-areas, and have your own personal docking cove like the Imperial Trading Company, or Smuggler's Cove.

Maybe that would be nice, but I for one would love to have the feel of living in a dwarven ruin AND float around. Plus, steampunk is awesome. Now that I understand a little bit more about modding, I don't think I should have much trouble making a mod for boats, or expanding on someone else's :D

• 2 weeks later...