Creation Kit - Today?

barthigi

• Replies 390
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

For those not believing, that mods on steams workshop can be sold off for MONEY without asking for agreement :

http://steamcommunity.com/workshop/workshoplegalagreement

Azura's left buttok! Would people please stop linking that! It says, right in the second freaking sentance/paragraph that the agreement pertains to contributions to Valve games. The contract is completely irrelivent to the CK and Skyrim.

Furthermore, by agreeing to use the service you are giving them permission. Thats why you're supposed to read those EULA things that pop up whenever you install a game. Once you click "I accept" you've already given your agreement.

Edited by Lachdonin

For those not believing, that mods on steams workshop can be sold off for MONEY without asking for agreement :

http://steamcommunity.com/workshop/workshoplegalagreement

Azura's left buttok! Would people please stop linking that! It says, right in the second freaking sentance/paragraph that the agreement pertains to contributions to Valve games. The contract is completely irrelivent to the CK and Skyrim.

Furthermore, by agreeing to use the service you are giving them permission. Thats why you're supposed to read those EULA things that pop up whenever you install a game. Once you click "I accept" you've already given your agreement.

Ok...i will give it a try :

Steamworks is formerly made as a platform for VALVE GAMES MODS. So, the first Paragraph underlines this, for submissions beeing accepted for VALVE games.

In your opinion, or better, the thing YOU pointed out, the whole "can be sold for money"-thing is only relying to "Valve" Product-Mods.

WRONG. at first hand, your contribution can't be accepted at all, stroken by the first Paragraph, mentioning, that only Valve-Games-Mods are accepted.

BUT, as it seems, there is a coop-agreement between Bethesda and Valve now, that also Skyrim-Mods are allowed and will be accepted in steamworks.

So, either they will change this first paragraph, or it will just be "corrected by doing".

The first Paragraph is just a contemplated lead-in what products at all are to be accepted on steamworks. nothing more. The further paragraphs still work for ALL steamwork-contributions. if they are for Valve - Products or not.

To give things in this Agreement a name, Paragraphically :

1. Declaration, what will be accepted as contributions.

2. Declaration of what happens with the original Content Rights and Copyrights.

3. Declaration of Payment-methods in the case Valve decides to take a fee for contributions.

4. Declaration of "group contributions" and Valve-taken Action to confirm there's no copyright problem on submissions.

5. Declaration of your own free will and voluntarism and state of mind then accepting the EUL of the Agreement, legal warranties of contributions etc.

6. Declaration of Valves right to stop distribution, AGAIN - Valve Games only, for reason, that steamworks was intended for Valve Games only.

7. Declaration of Amandments and changing to this agreements, legal issues and frists.

8. Declaration of giving all rights to Valve, agreement of you to the "compensation" Valve dictates in §3

9. Declaration of "non-justiciable relationshipness" between Valve and the Contributor at all.

10. Declaration of where this Agreement is stated in law, and where it might be "not applying".

So, please tell me, what do you think ? please do NOT get me wrong. At first hand i like the Modders beeing paid for their work. I really DO.

The only "problem" i have got with Valves steamwork by now is the inpraticability, maybe slow-down-effecting, idea-breaking, modder-unfriendlyness.

All what i wanted to state out, is, that there MIGHT be an issue, when people want to contribute, and do huge, fabulous mods, and can't proper develop it, because of given restrictions.

But hey...maybe i am just fearing, that someone takes my sweetroll ;) You know..i was an modder like you, but then...

The second paragraph is the definition of terms which are used throughout the main body of the agreement. By defining 'contribution' in explicit terms of Valve products, the entire agreement is rendered invalid for non valve product contributions.

This means we will have to see another EULA with the CK, as the current one with Steamworks is invalid. As we don't have that EULA yet, we cannot make any judgements about what can, and cannot be done with the mods. It could be as simple as changing a single word, and removing the Valve specification. As it stands, however, the quoted EULA has no bearing on the current situation.

The second paragraph is the definition of terms which are used throughout the main body of the agreement. By defining 'contribution' in explicit terms of Valve products, the entire agreement is rendered invalid for non valve product contributions.

This means we will have to see another EULA with the CK, as the current one with Steamworks is invalid. As we don't have that EULA yet, we cannot make any judgements about what can, and cannot be done with the mods. It could be as simple as changing a single word, and removing the Valve specification. As it stands, however, the quoted EULA has no bearing on the current situation.

Ok, agreed. But you doubt, that there will just be the necessary minor changes ?

Cool just ~10 days left to wait.

I am going to be attempting a very particularly designed lockpick mod as soon as it is out; what about everybody else here?

@sunnie - I don't know what you mean by slash pairing and according to wikipedia kigo is a japanese poetry device. Your meaning eludes me.