Creation Kit - Today?

barthigi

• Replies 390
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The issue is with the fact that they've broken their word repeatedly now. They said it would be "soon after the release of Skyrim". Didn't happen, two months later and counting is not "soon" (especially since it's literally right before final exams). Then they said between November something to early December... did not happen.

My philosophy? If you cannot keep your word, do not say anything at all.

Edited by Lehcar

Lets face it: Dark0ne told us all about what steam workshop is: they release one out of every 40 submissions, and steam workshop only has TF2 right now. Steam crashed my game so many times, and now they are denying me my modding freedom! It's blasphemy! I say that Bethesda releases the CK without Steam Workshop! The NV Geck didn't use Steam Workshop, so why should Skyrim? And I've been waiting 12:00 AM 11/11/11 for the Ck to come out, and it's still not out! Come on!

I still don't get why they'd motion to use steamworks when the nexus really has all if not most of the mods, and it treats each user extremely fair with a strict rule against pirates... so... why do the extra work to add an in-game function with steam when the nexus works w/ the game already? Extra pointless time-wasting work...

@skibblets, I agree.

However, I think that Beth may feel this is giving us some love, love we have been promised since they announced skyrim.

The nexus has always been the home of mods, even when im not on the forums I love to lurk mods, even if I dont download I love to see what our users have come up with.

On the other hand, I pray to god that when the CK is released we dont get 500+ godswords released xD

I still don't get why they'd motion to use steamworks when the nexus really has all if not most of the mods, and it treats each user extremely fair with a strict rule against pirates... so... why do the extra work to add an in-game function with steam when the nexus works w/ the game already? Extra pointless time-wasting work...

Control.

Someone involved, who thinks success of a given project is determined exclusively by the bottom line (this kind of business employee I like to call a "Suit") figures, "screw Nexus, they don't make any money off of mods, so *we* should." This individual has more clout and authority than practical experience or knowledge about whatever the hell he's talking about, and is able to make things like Steam Workshop happen whether they work or not, and so it gets done... and so does the modding community.

I would very much like to be wrong about this, of course. I *want* the people who've earned my money to get it, and I'll happily give them more if they offer product(s) worth buying. But the Suit? He can take a long walk off a short pier, as far as I'm concerned.