Preston Garvey as a companion?

SirTwist

Using the Spring Cleaning mod I removed the Hammer Animations all over that house. Now, whenever I get those guys I assign Sturges to farming and it's somewhat peaceful. As long as Marcy doesn't walk past me. I tried to assign her somewhere at the far ends of Sanctuary but, she rarely farms. Doesn't do much of anything.

In my current game they are still in he museum. Meanwhile, Sanctuary is a thriving, busy, well-established place. No lazy bums anywhere :)

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Using the Spring Cleaning mod I removed the Hammer Animations all over that house. Now, whenever I get those guys I assign Sturges to farming and it's somewhat peaceful. As long as Marcy doesn't walk past me. I tried to assign her somewhere at the far ends of Sanctuary but, she rarely farms. Doesn't do much of anything.

In my current game they are still in he museum. Meanwhile, Sanctuary is a thriving, busy, well-established place. No lazy bums anywhere :smile:

I did assign Marcy to a Clinic once and it worked pretty well as she switched into "Doctor" mode instead of "Face that looks like a bulldog chewing a wasp". However she reverted to type eventually. For a while I had her in full Robot armour including helmet.

Preston would have been good if they first mafe you build some settlements for him to be able to build the teleporter. Only then, perhaps even you have been to the institute, does he make you general. And then you can send out the minutemen to clear new sites or help settlers. That would have been the good way to tackle the minutemen faction. Now, though i really like the idea of the minutemen as a way to pacify the commonwealth and rebuild, he's just a royal pia and i only tolerate him to get the artillery then semd him to Murkwater.

You can assign automatrons to the artillery, so no need for settlers either :-) :-)

As for the start and character background, never happened as far as i am concerned. Vaulttec planted those memories when i was in cryo, think Snipes and Stalone "Demolition men", i was never married, no kids, nothing, an evil Vaulttec experiment, no incentive to save some imaginary kid ;-) :-)

OP,

Your not a "General"

Your just a figure head of a motley crew of ragtag militiamen with an extremely dubious past at best.

I hope you understand that your "soldier's" are farmers with pathetic equipment that are scared out of their wits, and that standing next to them your like some sort of Silver Shroud, yup a real life super hero right out of Hubris comics....Your the real deal from the old world to boot and you may as well be Hercules.

Edit,

Star Trek reference incoming.

The Minutemen are Red Shirts.

Your Captain Kirk,

Captain Kirk didn't sit on the bench BTW.

Edited by gamefever

It's always struck me as silly that as a "General" I can't put my troops in decent armour and give them powerful weapons. So when I go into the Institute with the Minutemen I have Preston, Sturges and my Companion in maxed out Heavy Combat Armour with Gatling Lasers and there are about 3 or 4 Minutemen in crappy dusters with Laser Muskets.

Your Captain Kirk,

That comparison is drawn in kicking and screaming. First because it's unrealistic for Kirk either. Something that always bothered me when no longer a credulous child. The captain wouldn't expose himself to that kind of danger. Secondly, even if I give you one, Kirk isn't the chief of a ragtag bunch but part of military hierarchy.

Kind of a warlord would be the more fitting comparison. But even in that case, you might head some of your troops into action but never go out on your own to do the dirty work. It's simply a concession the game has to make to keep you involved.

Your Captain Kirk,

That comparison is drawn in kicking and screaming. First because it's unrealistic for Kirk either. Something that always bothered me when no longer a credulous child. The captain wouldn't expose himself to that kind of danger. Secondly, even if I give you one, Kirk isn't the chief of a ragtag bunch but part of military hierarchy.

Kind of a warlord would be the more fitting comparison. But even in that case, you might head some of your troops into action but never go out on your own to do the dirty work. It's simply a concession the game has to make to keep you involved.

Yeah , you have a planet with hostile aliens who luckily for you speak American English. Who do you send ? Your Captain, Science Officer, Doctor and Engineering Officer :laugh:

Yeah , you have a planet with hostile aliens who luckily for you speak American English. Who do you send ? Your Captain, Science Officer, Doctor and Engineering Officer :laugh:

I let the American english pass since the lore offers a universal translator. But the rest, spot on.