Dwemer Mechanical Weaponry and Equipment

Allephus

Dwemer Bolter (Crossbow)

Dwemer Dragon Eye Scepter (Artifact: Rod that shoots a ball of light that, upon activation, teleports you to the Dragon Priest Mask room from any location. The ball will remain in the room and you will teleport back to your original location.) <---inter-dimensional, transchonological, storage device, in essence. X-D.

Dwemer Arcane Bolter (Artifact: Crossbow that shoots thunder bolts instead of bolts. 5000 charges. Consumes 25 chargers per use.)

Dwemer Bullet Rod (Puts those skulls to good use. Or any other misc item you want. Allows you to use misc items as ammunition for this weapon.)

Skulls. Troll Skulls. Ore. Dwemer scrap metals. Damage is determined by the damage of the Bullet Rod and the weight of what you're firing.

Dwemer Arcane Rifle (Artifact: Shoots fire bolts. Unlimited charges.)

Dwemer Power Armor (Artifact: If enemy gets too close, release a pulse which staggers enemy. Health increased by 100. Magic resistance 25%.)

Dwemer Power Boots (Artifact: Movement speed increased. Fortify Carry Weight 100. Jumping propels you very high/far. Magic Resistance 25%)

Dwemer Power Fists (Artifact: Dwarven Armor with an impact for unarmed combat. Do 100% more unarmed damage and 15% chance there is a discharge triggering an explosion and propelling your enemy great distances (as with the Unrelenting Force shout. 15% more damage with 2 Handed Weapon. 15% more damage with 1 handed weapon. Magic Resistance 25%)

Dwemer Mask (Artifact: Detect life. Detect death. Night Eye. Waterbreathing. Magic Resistance 25%,)

Dwemer Sentinal Companion (Gather a bunch of different scraps of metal and whatever, and be able to build your own spider or orb to follow you around and fight. Or just create the option to be prompted to fix the Dwemer thing you kill provided you have a Centurion Orb.)

-----------------------------------------

So I was really disappointed after a while when I got the Atunement Sphere but...loe and behold...every single Dwemer Mechanism leads to Blackreach and...there's not much of a reward for going through the dungeons other than getting to Blackreach...soooooooo.....I thought that it'd be neat to have artifacts such as these, or just special items, placed randomly around every Dwemer Ruin in the game. Maybe even put an extremely power enemy...probably more powerful than the final boss...with a bunch of extremely dangerous mobs around the boss npc...if possible. Or just simply place them in very inconspicuous places where they're hard to find or locked away, or will randomly appear. Either way, it'd be nice to see some Dwemer technology being used and it'd be nice to have a bit more of a reward for locating and activating the Dwemer Mechanisms as well.

It's kind of a big request, but I think it'd be pretty cool and very enjoyable. :thumbsup:

Edited by Allephus

Since it looks like you're eager for a reply/ feedback, let me provide you some :)

Dwemer Bolter (Crossbow)

I think it's save to say a lot of people like the sound of this. Not really that much more to say about his one :)

Dwemer Dragon Eye Scepter (Artifact: Rod that shoots a ball of light that, upon activation, teleports you to the Dragon Priest Mask room from any location. The ball will remain in the room and you will teleport back to your original location.) <---inter-dimensional, transchonological, storage device, in essence. X-D.

This idea has to be my favourite in your list. Although it could also lead to some ancient dwemer sanctum. (read: player housing) :P

Kinda sad that this would probably render the wooden mask useless.. (if the Scepter does lead to the mask room)

Dwemer Arcane Bolter (Artifact: Crossbow that shoots thunder bolts instead of bolts. 5000 charges. Consumes 25 chargers per use.)

May i suggest that for recharging this puppy you need to collect automaton cores? (spider cores = 5 charges, sphere cores = 15, centurion cores = 25. and the max charge for the weapon would be around 50, 1 shot would simply deplete 1 charge to avoid crazy numbers showing up on screen of doing all kinds of calculations to know how many shots you got.... a sort of "what you see is what you get" mechanism")

Dwemer Bullet Rod (Puts those skulls to good use. Or any other misc item you want. Allows you to use misc items as ammunition for this weapon.)

Skulls. Troll Skulls. Ore. Dwemer scrap metals. Damage is determined by the damage of the Bullet Rod and the weight of what you're firing.

Although i like the idea of giving common items an actual use, i think "guns" are definitely a no-go for skyrim... why resort to a simple bullet when you got magic/staves that fire something more destructive? (point is, a gun is an idea from a world without magic. And when magic is more destructive, why would anyone resort to something weaker?)

Dwemer Arcane Rifle (Artifact: Shoots fire bolts. Unlimited charges.)

Sounds a lot like a staff of firebolt with a different mesh.. :/ thought this idea would fit a lot better into the world of skyrim than the Bullet rod.

Dwemer Power Armor (Artifact: If enemy gets too close, release a pulse which staggers enemy. Health increased by 100. Magic resistance 25%.)

Sounds okay, but i bit overpowered maybe.. the pulse is okay, but give it a timer as to how often it fires.. (say once a day? with the underlaying theary that the armor needs to draw powers from Aetherius to charge... which happens overnight..)

And make the magic resist effect last for 5-10 minutes or so..

Dwemer Power Boots (Artifact: Movement speed increased. Fortify Carry Weight 100. Jumping propels you very high/far. Magic Resistance 25%)

Not much wrong here either, although the jumping hight should be around 1.5x that of a normal jump and the distance maybe 2x as much as normal..and maybe make it consume a charge from a pool of max 15 charges... and have some way to choose when to perform a normal jump and when to use a charged jump.. using the same charging system as the armor :)

Dwemer Power Fists (Artifact: Dwarven Armor with an impact for unarmed combat. Do 100% more unarmed damage and 15% chance there is a discharge triggering an explosion and propelling your enemy great distances (as with the Unrelenting Force shout. 15% more damage with 2 Handed Weapon. 15% more damage with 1 handed weapon. Magic Resistance 25%)

Not sure what to say about this one..the explosion effect seems a bit too much...the rest is rather okay :)

Dwemer Mask (Artifact: Detect life. Detect death. Night Eye. Waterbreathing. Magic Resistance 25%,)

That's really OP imho... maybe 1 or 2 enchants... or maybe a toggle for the first 4 enchants with a charge pool... so if it's deactivated it only gives 25% magic resist, but activated it gives all effects while draining charges..

Dwemer Sentinal Companion (Gather a bunch of different scraps of metal and whatever, and be able to build your own spider or orb to follow you around and fight. Or just create the option to be prompted to fix the Dwemer thing you kill provided you have a Centurion Orb.)

I like the fixing of killed automatons! :D let it last until killed. But i think this should only work for spiders and spheres, as a centurion would just be insane!

There you have it; some comments and feedback. :)

Geez, I guess I'll take the hint. :wallbash:

Nobody wants Dwemer stuff....

Or at least...they're all interested in the Crossbow and nothing else......like a portable storage room.....

Sheesh!!! Poopie :-(

Whoa, easy there :) replies aren't instantaneous. it takes people like me a few hours to a day to come across a thread ;)

Edit:

Yes! people do like Dwemer stuff. In fact, we love them! :D look at the topic i've come across:

http://www.thenexusforums.com/index.php?/topic/495423-in-dwemers-we-trust/

I bet that's a topic that'll end up on you watchlist too :P

Edit Edit:

Thought my fellow dwemer fans here would love this mod as well:

http://www.skyrimnexus.com/downloads/file.php?id=4819

Edited by Urwy

I would like to see a lot more Dwemer action in the game...with great textures to boot. I like every angle of this except maybe some of the items that would seem unbalanced and give a "god-like" aspect to the game. Great ideas though and it's good to see another Dwemer fan out there! :thumbsup:

Would some of this require the creation kit? Do you know anything more about the creation kit? I haven't had time to research whether a release date was scheduled or not...

Yeah, some of them are kinda ridiculous. Kinda did it on purpose though just to see some people's ideas.

I'd say if you cut back on some of the other enchantments of the armor ideas, the mask would be just find. It only allows you to see. If you limited the radius to like...20ft then it'd really only be able to see what's in the next room for most places. :-P

The power suit I took from the concept of the Ebony Mail, which is....extremely powerful. The pulse wouldn't harm the enemy but yeah. I'd say the way it would work would be: Every 5 seconds the pulse is released. Again, to me that seems a lot less powerful than the Ebony Mail. Maybe take off the fortify health and replace it with fortify health regen 50%?

As far as the rifle goes, only reason why I felt it was different was because of the unlimited charge thing. Doesn't seem to bad imo, though. It certainly has more place than the item launcher, but I just liked the Rock-It Launcher for Fallout 3 :-P. Thought it'd be kind of a funny Easter egg or something, shoo'no?

The Dragon Eye could lead to a separate instance of the time frame and the Mask Shelf could be destroyed or something. But a separate Dwemer room would be more ideal. I was just thinking of something that would be REALLY easy to do and require virtually no effort to make hahaha. Anything beyond that would be up to the modder.

But thanks for the feedback and hopefully somebody with a knack for modding will look this over.

It'd still be great to get more ideas from people about other different things or criticism on this idea/request. :dance: <---hey look I'm all fat and happy from the comments :-P

I would like to see a lot more Dwemer action in the game...with great textures to boot. I like every angle of this except maybe some of the items that would seem unbalanced and give a "god-like" aspect to the game. Great ideas though and it's good to see another Dwemer fan out there! :thumbsup:

Would some of this require the creation kit? Do you know anything more about the creation kit? I haven't had time to research whether a release date was scheduled or not...

I don't know anything about the creation kit, but I imagine all of this would be remarkably easy on it. I hope that it's kinda user friendly too so idiots like me can use it. :wallbash:

Edited by Allephus

I would endorse this mod! I had the same question in my mind, why can't I reactivate the broken dwemer robots and command them. Like the mod where you could create robots in fallout nv. Having a posse of dwemer centurions would be so sweet!

• 2 weeks later...

I like the idea of repairing dwemer 'mechs. Have it linked to the dwemer perk (until learning materials can actually be learned, instead of pull out of vapour) and your smithing ability.

Dig into the drop list for each machine and have functional and non-functional parts. The functional ones you can use to repair machines in the field by swappng parts, and the non-functional ones can be repaired at a bench or melted down at a smelter.

Change the drop list to drop all the parts, so you get struts, dynamo, legs, sphere propulsion unit etc. I think some of the dwemer scrap re-uses sphere guardian mesh pieces.

Welcome aboard fellow Tonal Architect! :thumbsup:

We at In Dwemer We Trust (I.D.W.T for short :D ) are dedicated to the pursuit of mad science! Enjoy the demented creations and wonders of our Tonal Architects, you won't find them anywhere else on the Nexus!

Will you? :turned:

• 1 year later...