[LE] Grey face with RaceMenu presets used for NPCs.

FoxyFullmoon

I recently learned how to use a RaceMenu preset to make a follower. However, when I finish importing the head nif and face texture, there's a slight seam on their necks sort of like the grey face bug. Now, this is normally fixed using ctrl F4, but since you replace the facegen data with your own textures and mesh, that no longer applies.

So, does anyone know how to fix that?

i honestly think its easier to just modify the face in CK and then control f4 and save. imho...

KEEP IN MIND! you have to be in the actor ->actors tab and then search for the character your modifiy the face to

I don't think you understand, allow me to clarify. I'm using a preset made with the RaceMenu mod that was exported as a dds and nif, then imported using nifskope. You can't create the same face shape with the CK as you can with RaceMenu, so simply creating the face in CK won't work when someone wants a face created with custom RaceMenu sliders.

I'm well aware of how to properly export facegen data, you first have to export the facegen data and then modify those files using nifskope to import the preset. What I'm saying is, once I modify the files to use the preset, it gives me a grey face.

ohhh i see now... your using Nif scope to open / inspect all the nodes and elements of a NIF, and using that mod to do your 3d modeling of face gen data... ive seen your problem before on forums and stuff when i was learning how to export models and textures to 3ds max or blender (depending on preference). i think your best bet is to ask the mod author of that mod? other wise ill provide 2 links below that go from the front and back end of 3d modeling and putting them back into skyrim after they are created. its all i got i know it wasnt much help and it sounds like you already know this process but ima trying!

this goes from a custom model and putting it back in skyrim.. i hope this helps.. its the best i got.. if not disregard. im not sure if its the same process

Edited by EdmondNoir

That's still not quite what I need. Yes, I am using RaceMenu models for the face gen data, but it provides a finished texture and model for me. All I'm doing with nifskope is basically moving the nodes from the exported preset to the vanilla face gen data that was exported from the CK with ctrl F4. This is the process that I follow: http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/articles/1316/?

I just need to know why the skin tone isn't matching and how to fix it. I figure it's probably because of the custom skin color selected in RaceMenu, and it's only applied to the head model, so the body doesn't get that color. Or something like that.

Now that I think about it, I wonder if setting the custom skin color in the creation kit would fix this. I'll try that and report back if it works.

Annnnd nope. That didn't fix it. The skin tone color was already set to what it was in RaceMenu. Basically, the nif has a color mismatch in it that prevents it from being the same color as the body. I wonder if the color tint is off, or if it just behaves differently than vanilla Skyrim's colors.

Annnnd nope. That didn't fix it. The skin tone color was already set to what it was in RaceMenu. Basically, the nif has a color mismatch in it that prevents it from being the same color as the body. I wonder if the color tint is off, or if it just behaves differently than vanilla Skyrim's colors.

Is this what you are looking for? It helps get rid of the neck seam

I got excited thinking that would work, but it only changes the texture blend for a body and head texture in general. Not for specific NPCs. I'm creating followers with the RaceMenu presets, so each NPC has a unique face that needs blended. If this tool can do that, please share how because I only have the given tutorial on the page to go by.

I got excited thinking that would work, but it only changes the texture blend for a body and head texture in general. Not for specific NPCs. I'm creating followers with the RaceMenu presets, so each NPC has a unique face that needs blended. If this tool can do that, please share how because I only have the given tutorial on the page to go by.

Not sure how to do that. But if you contact an author that has made a custom follower, or Caliente maybe they can help.

Sorry, I do not have time to read all this, so if this doesn't hellp, sorry.
https://forums.nexusmods.com/index.php?/topic/5136390-how-to-put-your-skyrim-character-as-npcfollower-or-enemy/?p=45361205

Neck seam, for me, happens when I do not have the weight matching from the ck to racemenu.
If you are talking about a slight color difference from head to body, this may be from changing the alpha value to something other than 255 in racemenu.

If it is a dark face, could be from the .tga file. Try removing it
Maybe you have already got it sorted?

Again, did not read all so if none of this is relevant, sorry to waste your time, just some things that went through my mind as I read the title+.

:smile:

Edited by NexTextGorilla