How do I disable fog in the ini?

NCRForever

Might as well post your answer here so that someone else (or you in the future!) will have the answer. :tongue:

Umm....

Right click Fallout 4, click delete local content

Heh!

setfog 1 0

• 1 year later...

The console command "setfog 0 -1" disables all the fog. Things in the far distance will look blurry but that's because you can suddenly see much much farther.

You'll still see some fog in Far Harbor ascociated with pockets of radiation but the sky will be clear.

I made a fog.txt file to use with the command "bat fog" to save a few keystrokes.

I would like to know what ini file I can edit to make this change permanent.Please specify which file in which folder and under what section in said file.

Edited by MadeUpName92

The console command "setfog 0 -1" disables all the fog. Things in the far distance will look blurry but that's because you can suddenly see much much farther. You'll still see some fog in Far Harbor ascociated woth pockets of radiation but the sky will be clear. I made a fog.txt file to use with the command "bat fog" to save a few keystrokes. I would like to know what ini file I can edit to make this change permanent. Please specify which file in which folder and under what section in said file.

I used Bilgo's FO4 Config Tool to set the setting without opening up console. But it has a setting to set a bat file. In fact, I use Disable Console - No Scripts or Software needed because it's just too easy to cheat with the console active. Besides, if there's a need to cheat, there's a mod that works from your Pip-Boy called Cheat Terminal and one called Cheat Menu Holotape -- Cheat_Engine.exe if that's your thing.