Don't Call Me Settler - Any progress rapport?

ceano

Any one that have Heard anything about what is going on with "Don't Call Me Settler" mod?, i have been following the mod but it is still taken down until fixed it says...but would be nice with some progress rapport.

Any one that have Heard anything about what is going on with "Don't Call Me Settler" mod?, i have been following the mod but it is still taken down until fixed it says...but would be nice with some progress rapport.

If I have a full report that is valid enough? I can look into it, But, IF MS pulled it down and the Beth site and author did also due to what ever the reason is? I won't bother.

I have the mod in and archive with a bunch of others I never installed. Don't even know what release version it is.

If there was a Legal issue ? I need to know what that was?

Fo4 is not really a game I like very much, two web sites fight over assets, due to that alone, I walked away from the game.

The report, any information must be accurate before I lift a finger over such an issue.

kitty

Latest was 1.73. Runs without problems on my system. The author doesn't seem to say anything about why he took it down. Public reactions range from "it's broken", certainly not for me, and "massive trolling" pissing the author off.

That was my results when doing the research before I posted as well, but..I am interested only in a complete legit report, not trolls or other nonsense.

IF the author is still here? He or she is free to contact me so I can attempt to help them fix what ever the issues are. "If in deed there are any at all to begin with? "

Of which i doubt, modding can be hard to deal with Socially on a vast scale if the authors mind is not in it. It is a rough stinky world we live in.

Looking past all that and ignore personal opinions does wonders for Logistics. I am only interested in the facts. I install 1.73 and find nothing wrong with it.

I might load it into the CK to verify code and see if anything gets changed, other wise, I need the report.

The code looks good, it looks like a lot of logic has taken place too. I can add even more as well.

But the bottom line here is to get the right information into my hands.

I have version 1.73 as well installed and running with my game, it was a lot of talk about that some scripted features like "Burn Baby Burn" would screw up the settlers vanilla functions like assigning to work and so on.

This is a link to a forum thread about the issue.

The only weird thing i have stumbled up on is that i don't get the affinity perk from "Old Longfellow" (Far Harbor) even tho i have reached well over the 1000 affinity Points that is needed, and some re spawning points not re spawning.

But that should not have anything to do with the mod "Don't Call Me Settler", just saying that those is the only issue i have with the game.

Edited by ceano

verify "scripts" All I see are Quest scripts and no "Burn Baby Burn" statements any where with in the mod.

What I have here is this (Burn Dead things in the settlement) and nothing else within the mod to point to any posts so stated on the link provided?

Trolls it appears to be. I feel bad for the author.

Yes, "Burn Baby Burn" does burn dead things in the settlement.

To bad if the author did pull the mod just because of some trolls, but i know the feeling :sad:

Edited by ceano

Trolls it appears to be. I feel bad for the author.

Me too. I wouldn't call it outiright trolling though. Chances are they'rerunning something they shouldn't run in combination with that mod. Something like Shakujins better alarms, which is a good mod, but it provides a feature that's already included in DCMS. Conflict seems to be inevitable. Maybe something other settler related, who knows? Then they ran into the settler bug that was rampant at one point and blame it on this one mod.