problem with armor mod

alexjr616

I've been trying to get this forbidden armor set by Nightwyd but everytime i try to equip the armor it does this. I'm playing oblision using steam. I have maximum compatabilityskeleton_with_bodylift-33324.

I'm new to this please be patient with me. Any help or tips would be appreciated. I found this mod here: http://www.tesnexus.com/downloads/file.php?id=39626

Either that skeleton doesn't support BBB (which is highly unlikely), or your Archive Invalidation isn't working.

I read this on one of the comments i'm not sure what it means or if your referring to the same thing.

I wonder if you both are using the Steam version of the game. For whatever reason Steam changed the dates on the vanilla BSA archives to present day instaed of 2006 like they should be. This breaks archive invalidation. If that is the case you can change the date on your vanilla Oblivion BSA files to the proper year with a utility like File Date Changer 1.61 (or similar ... just use Google).

Still figuring out how I would do it.

don't know which file to open and change what exactly.

That sounds like something I've posted in the past. A while back we had a rash of archive invalidation issues with Steam users. More recently I haven't heard those complaints, and in fact a couple of times that I've asked about dates on the Steam version vanilla bsa files just recently they were OK. As much as I'm not a Steam lover, I would have been surprised if they didn't correct their problem once they became aware of it.

To verify that your bsa file dates are OK you can check them using Windows Explorer. You will need to at least temporarily turn on the option to show file details (check the menus at the top of the Windows Explorer window). If your vanilla bsa files (e.g. Oblivion - Meshes.bsa found in the Oblivion\Data folder) show a date in 2006 you're OK.

Archive invalidation is a method used to get the game to use newer resources instead of the resources it has packed in the vanilla bsa files (e.g. skeleton.nif in this case). The preferred method today is called BSA Redirection. The easiest way to implement that is by using Oblivion Mod Manager (OBMM). From the Utilities button on the right side of the window select Archive Invalidation and then the radio button for BSA Redirection (without changing any of the other default options). Click 'Update Now', close the archive invalidation dialogue and then close OBMM (it doesn't actually make any changes until you close it). It's a do once and forget it solution.

That sounds like something I've posted in the past. A while back we had a rash of archive invalidation issues with Steam users. More recently I haven't heard those complaints, and in fact a couple of times that I've asked about dates on the Steam version vanilla bsa files just recently they were OK. As much as I'm not a Steam lover, I would have been surprised if they didn't correct their problem once they became aware of it.

To verify that your bsa file dates are OK you can check them using Windows Explorer. You will need to at least temporarily turn on the option to show file details (check the menus at the top of the Windows Explorer window). If your vanilla bsa files (e.g. Oblivion - Meshes.bsa found in the Oblivion\Data folder) show a date in 2006 you're OK.

Archive invalidation is a method used to get the game to use newer resources instead of the resources it has packed in the vanilla bsa files (e.g. skeleton.nif in this case). The preferred method today is called BSA Redirection. The easiest way to implement that is by using Oblivion Mod Manager (OBMM). From the Utilities button on the right side of the window select Archive Invalidation and then the radio button for BSA Redirection (without changing any of the other default options). Click 'Update Now', close the archive invalidation dialogue and then close OBMM (it doesn't actually make any changes until you close it). It's a do once and forget it solution.

Thanks for all the replies. I tried the filedate change method. It seems to have solved my issue. I was reading something on this website. http://devnull.sweetdanger.net/archiveinvalidation.html#AIDestroyed I think its similar to what your telling me. It didn't fix my issue but I seem to have found the problem.

Just for my own information, have you recently downloaded the game from Steam or is this an older download (I'm a non-Steam kinda' guy myself, but I thought that it kept the game updated all the time when your machine phones home to the mothership). You can PM me if it's something you'd rather not discuss on the open forum.