Morrowind over Oblivion

eregor2

Try the Unofficial Oblivion Patch. It'll conflict with a few mods, but if bugs have that much of an impact on your enjoyment of a game I doubt it'll be an issue for you.

Try the Unofficial Oblivion Patch. It'll conflict with a few mods, but if bugs have that much of an impact on your enjoyment of a game I doubt it'll be an issue for you.

the unnoficial patch (I tried to install twice) make the game not to start. I'm not running any mods.

the main bug who really "bug" me is the first quest of the mages guild where I must return a amulet to Dagail, except of that one, I enjoy the game but I preferred Morrowind, as for Skyrim, I will probably wait a couple of years before getting it, I've ordered 3 new games so I will have my hands full until they want to patch Oblivion a little further(I hope).

Edited by eregor2

If you see version 1.2.0416 displayed in the lower left corner of your screen when you first start the game then you have the latest official patch installed. The unofficial patches aren't required to play the game, but they do fix many of the problems found in the vanilla game even after it's patched to version 1.2.0416. You see that noted in many of the UESP links I've posted (and it's not just quest problems that are fixed ... level anomalies for things like quest rewards, sigil stones and NPC AI schedules, among others). On my first full playthrough of the main quest as well as all the miscellaneous and guild quests I didn't install the unofficial patches as one of the anomalies the UOP fixed was the permanent bound armor glitch, and I was seriously addicted to permanent bound armor with that character.

If you see version 1.2.0416 displayed in the lower left corner of your screen when you first start the game then you have the latest official patch installed. The unofficial patches aren't required to play the game, but they do fix many of the problems found in the vanilla game even after it's patched to version 1.2.0416. You see that noted in many of the UESP links I've posted (and it's not just quest problems that are fixed ... level anomalies for things like quest rewards, sigil stones and NPC AI schedules, among others). On my first full playthrough of the main quest as well as all the miscellaneous and guild quests I didn't install the unofficial patches as one of the anomalies the UOP fixed was the permanent bound armor glitch, and I was seriously addicted to permanent bound armor with that character.

I do read version 1.2.0416 when I start the game, I really hope they will be another patch but I guess that's too demanding after all the bugs in Skyrim, it seems we are all beta testers, they should copy how Blizzard for instance release their games almost bug free, late but bug almost free.

I'm getting King Arthur II in february from Paradox game, it look interesting. Its a mix between total war games and role playing and its on the list of the most promising games of 2012.

I'm surprised you're still getting many bugs at version 1.2.0416. They're pretty much nonexistent for me. Certainly they're not common enough to disrupt the game on my install.