I can't play skyrim anymore.

Alithinos

What i loved about the first 4 ES games is how its like your reading a book when playing it. The journal, the brown colour of the ui, the map, to me it just feels so medieval ( my childhood intrest) now the whole game just keeps reminding me im on the computer...even with ui mods :( i dont feel connected to the player everytime i go into the inventory, its more like your just looking through a random box

Also roleplaying is hard to do when the journal only tells you one sentence of info on your current quest :(

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

agreed the game is a base rpg game. the quests and the lack of description make me sick to be honest. and all because of the reliance on compass and map markers. I want flesh and meaty content. I have still had some epic moments in skyrim but not just vanilla. my game is heavily tweaked to balance encounters and to add extreme challenge. I pretty much ignore the overall plot/story.

graphically the game is fairly amazing and with texture enhancers and optimization to the code made by the community the longevity of the detailed and in depth mods will be grand to say the least.

with tes games I have always relied on the mod community to flesh out the game change the easy leveling and tweak the leveled lists and actors so the game feels balanced and challenging. skyrim is definitely gutted as far as the breadth oblivion had but it also feels like a better starting base.

its only a matter of time and we will have a werewolf overhaul and other unique additions. already we have entire play experience overhauls.

these are why I am interested in skyrim definitely not for its oogly ass ui or its idiot mode lack of exploration in quests or dialog.

if there was no extensive modding community I would have stopped playing tes games at morrowind.

Skyrim's not a bad game. I can still play it after I've done the main quest; must admit that I was disappointed with how it turned out, but eh :ermm: . I was also disappointed with the college of winterhold main quest as well. Hopefully dlc content will change my mind about this. I can't wait for modders to overhaul the sneak system in Skyrim though. It's an improvement over Oblivion's, but enemies still can dismiss sneak attacks with the "must have been the wind" mentality even though they have an arrow stuck in them :dry: . I think that enemies should stay alert for several hours after you've pulled of a sneak attack in the shadows; especially if one of their buddies lies dead in the open light. Plus it's just silly that with a high sneak level + perks, people can't see you even though you're right in front of them.

Maybe go play Call of Duty or some other game better suited to your tastes? Why come here, to a fan site, to complain about your boredom? Don't you have anything less boring to do?

Why does everyone always jump to Call of Duty? Disliking a popular game doesn't automatically make you a Call of Duty fan. I've actually found Skyrim to be a bit underwhelming. I've had a lot of fun with it, but I hoped for a better game. Every other Bethesda game I've played has been an extremely memorable experience, but Skyrim hasn't. It was good, but not as great of a game as Bethesda is capable of making. He was obviously here at the Nexus sites before he felt this way, and his opinion changed. What's wrong with sharing your opinion on this forum? Isn't that why you're here posting? It seems like everyone has a negative opinion of something that is popular, they're crucified for it.

Maybe go play Call of Duty or some other game better suited to your tastes? Why come here, to a fan site, to complain about your boredom? Don't you have anything less boring to do?

Why does everyone always jump to Call of Duty? Disliking a popular game doesn't automatically make you a Call of Duty fan. I've actually found Skyrim to be a bit underwhelming. I've had a lot of fun with it, but I hoped for a better game. Every other Bethesda game I've played has been an extremely memorable experience, but Skyrim hasn't. It was good, but not as great of a game as Bethesda is capable of making. He was obviously here at the Nexus sites before he felt this way, and his opinion changed. What's wrong with sharing your opinion on this forum? Isn't that why you're here posting? It seems like everyone has a negative opinion of something that is popular, they're crucified for it.

i know right!!. ive played every single ES and am a devout follower yet when i post here very often i get stupid replies like "have you even played the game", ive loved every episode in the series but some people really should look up the definition of opinion and discussion.

It took a lot of wandering around in Skyrim and a few characters (though I've only had the patience to complete the game with one) before I figured out what was bothering me about Skyrim. What it was missing that Daggerfall, Morrowind and even Oblivion had: RPG elements.

Don't get me wrong, it's a good game, but it's a terrible RPG. The best part of role playing is that I get to throw myself into the role; I get to feel like I've become the character I'm playing. I don't get that feeling with Skyrim. Everything feels so rushed that I find my immersion being broken with every turn. I don't feel like I earned the spot as Archmage or Harbinger.

For instance, the moment I first enter the Mages guild, I'm thrown into the center of some OMG END OF TEH WURLDZ plot. I think the only "honing and development of craft" I experienced was that one fireball Tolfdir threw at my ward. Once. Next thing I know, I have to do all of these quests that only a madman would trust to someone who just joined the organization.

Thieves Guild and DB were better... But only because of how low a bar we got for Winterhold and the Companions do I feel like they were acceptable. Even in the TG

We immediately get thrown into a mission that everyone admits their BEST MEMBER could not do. WTF? So you just throw it to me? And why? Because I put some ring in a guy's pocket? BS!

Then there's the perk system. I like that they decided to open things up so you could build the character you want. It means we can still have our Paladins, Battlemages, Rangers, Defenders, ect... Problem is, why did they strip down the stats past bare essentials into generic molds. It makes sense that the stronger you are the harder you hit, regardless of how good you are with the weapon, but that's not the case here! Instead of a solid strength stat to govern how much a swing of your arms hurts, we get these narrow categories that could only pass for sub-stats in previous titles.

I don't know about you, but I think a swing of anything by Chuck Norris would hurt more than a swing of the same thing from my sister. Why? Because Chuck Norris is stronger! He may not have been trained with a blade, but if he hits me with one, I'm done.

And what do we get in place of governing traits? Pump ten points into Magic, Health or Stamina each level.

...What?! So I never run and fling spells all day, that somehow makes me more durable or able to run longer? Come on, Beth! Just because your graphics are better doesn't mean your mechanics have to be shittier! This may let undisciplined players get away with training useless skills so they don't become "weaker" with each level, but it deprives the rest of us of the bread and butter of RPGs: STATS! If said undisciplined gamers don't want to pay attention to how they level themselves, then they should not be playing RPGs. It's as simple as that. To each his own, but why should you be able to deprive me of my genre because you want it to be more like yours? Just stick with your genre! There's a reason why they're different; because they aren't the same!

*sigh* I feel better now... :happy:

I would start my own topic but now that i found this i see i'am not the only one which things, Skyrim... wasn't so great as we espectet.

In fact, i think it was lame.

Great grafic, great look, nice design... but totaly no story. As good as no plot, totaly flat. And they left so many details. Okay there will be still no spears and crossbows anymore, but now there are not even Shortswords or Boars. The hole thing looked unfinnished in many cases.