Optimizing Fallout 4

genolune

You can use this as a base: Wasteland 512 Textures as that includes some of the Wasteland Workshop DLCs, Automatron and Far Harbor textures. The large downloads are designed to be seperate and mimic the natural .ba2 structure so all you have to do is back up your .ba2 somewhere other than the Fallout 4 Data folder, pack the Wasteland 512 up using the same name and replace the originals.

You can then use Texture Optimization Project if you want bigger textures and then layer with Vivid textures. If you wanted to skip the Texture Optimization Project, and just use Wasteland 512 as a base and then use Vivid that's a good option.

That should improve performance a bit. I only ever noticed the Boston area recently but that may be because I've never flown over it with mods before and this particular instance I had 100+ which had me thinking, how can I squeeze every little bit from this game and the mods I'm using to maximize the game? Hence, manually repackaging, Mod Organizer, low settings, etc.

Post 2:

So I extracted all the vanilla .ba2 files, overwrote them with the Wasteland 512 textures, and repacked them. It was mostly good except for the puddles of water had a weird rainbow colored quilt pattern. I may have messed up with all the packing and unpacking. However, I have repacked all the Texture Optimization Project textures and Insignificant Object Remover into one archive and I can test and bring my results back here.

Post 3:

The Texture Optimization Project textures mess up the Synth Uniform by leaving the black tears on the cuffs. However, with more play time I may be able to combine vanilla textures, Wasteland 512 textures, vanilla or T.O.P. puddle textures (if it has them) to increase graphical performance. Once I do that I can come up with a guide for it. Then at your leisure, you may upgrade whatever textures to 1K, 2K, 4K, etc., with the performance pack as a base. That will become more important the more mods you load and the more you cram in your computer's video and system memory.