How to become rich?

Collingwood

Dungeon raiding for me. I usually find Ancient Nordic ruins have the best loot. On the side of this, I run between mines with dual pickaxes hitting the rocks and using the transmute spell on iron ores, thus turning it into gold, and smelting into gold ingots and selling on for a hefty sum of money. Level up speechcraft, the perks give shopkeepers more money which is really beneficial. There's also a thieves guild quest that rewards 20,000 gold.

Good luck!

try to find 1 gold ore and put it in your inventory...

than go buy transmute spell

hunt every iron ore that scattered in skyrim world, not hard to find i guess

use the transmute spell to turn that iron ore to silver ore than transmute again to gold ore..

got plenty of gold ore yet ? smith it into jewelry than enchant it with some petty soul gem as much as you can

than simply wander around to every big city in skyrim for looking rich merchant...

and yes, got smithing, enchanting, alteration, speech level boost up, and the most important thing....i'm RICH !

http://cdn.themis-media.com/media/global/images/library/deriv/75/75543.jpg

:turned:

Alchemy easily is the fastest way.

Not so fast. Making potions causes your character to level up. Selling them also. This then levels up your enemies. So, if you're selling and not drinking potions while leveling up... be sure to spend your riches on powerful weapons, armor, enchanted jewelry, etc. Otherwise, you might be rich and dead.

Just saying, declaring one best way in a game this complex might be simplifying things a bit.

Cheers,

ex-potion addict

Alchemy easily is the fastest way.

Not so fast. Making potions causes your character to level up. Selling them also. This then levels up your enemies. So, if you're selling and not drinking potions while leveling up... be sure to spend your riches on powerful weapons, armor, enchanted jewelry, etc. Otherwise, you might be rich and dead.

Just saying, declaring one best way in a game this complex might be simplifying things a bit.

Cheers,

ex-potion addict

Indeed, you make a good point. You can certainly run into trouble with the difficulty spikes in this game if you neglect your actual combat skills. Though i am still finding the need to purposely gimp myself to maintain balance. I guess it's situational and may depend on level brackets.

Regarding the Alchemy, although i recommended it, i don't actually use it, mainly for the reasons others have said ... it's just not necessary. However if you want to make some serious coin at the start, combine Blue mountain flower + Blue butterfly wing and/or Spider egg to make a damage magicka regen potion, worth 1100 septims a pop .. now if you could just sell it for that.

I found meself a very easy way to make money, it does have a mod involved (merchants have 10 or 25k gold): when you get to Riften and Brynjolf asks you to plant Madesi's ring on Brand-Shei, you can loot whatever else is in Madesi's strongbox under his stall, which gave me 24950 gold... after that I gave the quest the finger, ran back to Whiterun, bought me that house and stored that exact amount of gold in the chest near my bed.

Cheating? Probably yes, but I'm always a sucker for gold, I usually am the poorest guy on any WoW server :D

Edited by Moredhel

I never worried about gold until I found I incorrectly did my perks at the beginning. I went melee class and focused on 1H, Heavy Armor, Restoration, and Smithing. It wasn't until level 38 I found I did not build correctly. I had been using the same weapons for many levels. It was getting quite boring until I installed Deadly Dragons and PISE. At which point I found myself gimped. I can no longer fight a dragon, I am meat when I encounter a group of forswarn. I am in need of healing much more in all fights.

I had 50k in gold, unlimited gear to sell in barrels at Whiterun, and in desperate need to get Enchant, Alchemy, and Speechcraft up to create weapons and armor to survive now. Alchemy and Enchant are at 90 now. I am perk strapped at the moment to craft the Legendary gear I will now need. I am currently level 44 and I think I need 5-6 more levels to be where I need to in order to craft that gear. I now wish there was a 1-time shot at resetting perks to allow you to change. Those 3-4 misplaced perks are now killing me. I always saved 6-7 perks until I know what I needed/wanted to do.

level 81 is the max level and once you get to lvl 70 or so it becomes very slow to level that it is just not worth it to continue to play. Anyways after my first playthrough I ended the game with 400k gold. I only started to pick up items worth 100x after I had all of the houses that was around the time I only explored half of the map. You will get gold by doing anything just takes a bit of time.