ℹ️ Intermittent Download History issues ×

Mesh stretching in Outfit Studio?

Hi! I was hoping someone more experienced at Outfit Studio could explain why this kind of stretching happens in game? (I was working on an outfit mashup at the time.)

32076140-1481691095.png

I'm assuming it has something to do with the weight or the bones, but I don't know what to do about it.

Any sort of guides or explanations you could link to would be very helpful!

Copying bone weights doesn't always work as expected though. If the outfit was originally fairly close to the same weighting as the reference body, then it will work fine in most cases, but any major deviation, and you get bow legs, or backwards arms etc. Try it, but always, ALWAYS export your mesh after doing any editing in outfit studio to a backup file first before saving as a project.

The exploded mesh syndrome is usually a sign of a bigger issue. Such as adding an accessory to an armor mesh (like a grenade or a knife sheath on the belt) by adding a static object to the clothing .nif. Because they don't have a skin partition, or any bone weighting, OS will brain fart, and the game freak out, and place the vertex at some weird position.