grrrrr went from high to medium settings!

mbt9000

hello,

ok when i was playing fallout new vegas and skyrim at high settings (both games and the website ''can you run it'' detected it) and for some unknown reason i went on to both games now it detected my settings as medium, its not reconising my NVIDIA GEFORCE (WITH CUDA) GT520M when it did before, its only reconising my intel® graphics (i3)

ive reinstalled the games and still the same,

everything is updated and when i downloaded the d3d9 fix it comes up with a totally wrong GEFORCE CARD?! and the other one from the same modder gives me a black screen on startup,

anyway to sort this, it worked before.

my laptop is a

Lenovo 15.6in ideapad z570 (check currys.co.uk)

8gb ram

750gb HDD

NVIDIA GEFORCE (WITH CUDA) GT520M

Intel i3 processor

windows 7 ultimate

switchable graphics

help please, it worked before on high settings it detected it on all my games and now it gets medium and im not happy :(

Edited by mbt9000

everything is updated and when i downloaded the d3d9 fix it comes up with a totally wrong GEFORCE CARD?! and the other one from the same modder gives me a black screen on startup,

somehow this reads that you already know the cause and the solution

don't use that fix

because it doesn't work for your hardware

The d3d9 perf fix dll INTENTIONALLY spoofs your video card. That's how it works. New Vegas tries tweaking your settings based on what video card you have. The DLL tells New Vegas to use a card that doesn't have issues in the way it's set up... or it did before the patch.

If, without the perf fix, you run the Fallout Launcher and it tells you that it detects you're using your onboard video, then sure as day you're using the onboard and not the expansion card. which is a hardware issue, not a problem with fallout.