Why was the PC going to be killed?

Lehcar

So... why did those Imperial Legioners assume the PC was a Stormcloak?

He/she was hobbling across the border alone, unarmed, barefoot and in clothes that were fashioned from potato sacks. The actual Stormcloacks are always armed and always wearing unique and very easily recognizable Stormcloak armor. The PC had neither weapons nor anything that even remotely resembles the Stormcloac tunics.

How do the Legioners fail to see that indiscriminately killing innocent people in cold blood is only give others a huge motivation to join the rebels? Seriously, you do not win over new recruits or allies that way, and without either of those things, your military force is toast.

And why would anyone who is not a Nord be with the Stormcloacks anyway?! I don't think there are any non-Nord Stormcloack NPC's whatsoever. Especially an Imperial, High Elf, Dark Elf, Orc, Argonian or Khajiit - anyone of those races being involved with the Storecloacks, uhhh sorry, that just wouldn't happen. The Stormcloacks would absolutely not accept them (the fact that they accept the player regardless of race is just gameplay and story segregation). The rebels want all of them dead.

It doesn't make any sense why they wanted this unknown random person brutally killed.

Also, if they so badly wanted Ulfric dead ASAP, why did they not kill him first? That would be the most logical procedure, and that's how it's supposed to be done, in order from the most to least important person. Why put the random unknown hobo ahead of the most important and potentially dangerous prisoner present? (since is very skilled in the Thu'uml; the fact that he's gagged doesn't mean they are completely safe..)

Edited by Lehcar

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, it's possible that we're meant to assume the PC was picked up as a suspected spy or sympathiser, but IMHO it's more likely given the fact of being dressed in rags that you suffered some other misfortune eg got robbed and left for dead, and were picked up with the rest of the trash by the Imperial guards doing a sweep of the towns. Wasn't the guy who panicked and ran off only to get shot down by the archers only a thief and not a Stormcloak as well?

IMHO ending up on death row in the intro was just down to a combination of a mix-up by the guards, bad timing of being in the same wagon as rebels with a death sentence, and the Imperial officer of the day having a bad case of PMS. Not that implausible, works for me.

How do the Legioners fail to see that indiscriminately killing innocent people in cold blood is only give others a huge motivation to join the rebels? Seriously, you do not win over new recruits or allies that way, and without either of those things, your military force is toast.

Ah but Empires do what Empires do and repression is their way of dealing with any and all resistance. In the end it always backfires but apparently it's the best people can come up with.

Exactly how and why the PC ended up on the wagon remains a question but the Empire being terribly indiscriminate and overly harsh, especially in times of civil unrest, is not that far fetched an idea imo.

What I find more puzzling is that within minutes after your narrow escape from being executed you are presented with a choice to go with your would-be-executioners. Wait.. what?! Just forgive and forget, slap each other on the shoulder and have a good laugh about it? Right..

Well, I can't remember how the mix up happened. But they didn't think you were one of them. The female captain was just sociopathic and wanted to behead you as another one of the rebels. Probably less paperwork that way. The person you had a choice of joining was the one that protested your execution. So it's not really joining the ones that wanted to kill you, but more along the lines of joining the one that wanted to save your life. Never the less, the opinion expressed is most certainly a valid and very understandable one. Hence why you had a choice.

I thought that the reason they brutally (attempt to) kill you was because crossing the skyrim border was a crime.

Either that, or they made it you ending up on that wagon was a mystery so roleplayers can make up what happened.

Just because you were in a bad moment in a bad place. Thats all. Just like the thief, nor there were any charges against him (i really dont know why is he supposed to be a thief lol "Profession?" "Thief, sir" ). He wasnt a Stormcloack, he was just crossing the border at a bad moment.

Still, General Tullius was right there and he practically IS the legion in skyrim. So yeah, the legion wanted you dead. Even if you go out with the legion guy he says it so various times lol

Even to the point of saying "For all i care, you already earned your pardon" I didnt killed him on the spot for roleplaying purposes. Really? Pardon for what? For being caught in your damn ambush for a guy that i didnt even knew that he existed before you said who he was? You just earned a proper fck in the ass sir.

Edited by eltucu