Vampire Overhaul

vannixiii

I do not like having a vampire turn into a wolf or a werewolf. That should be exclusive to werewolves. I think it is completely unnecessary. Other than that, great ideas. Looking forward to it after CK.

Do you think there should be a instant and intense flame of death to a very powerful vampire? If not instant, then that powerful creature can die if stayed under the sun for 5 seconds?

I know Vannixii and I share some different oppinions on our vampirism goals, although he's made me reconsider my approaches. Actually, both he and Jakisthe have provided some thoughts. I think Vannixii and I currently share a similar oppinion on this. I don't think Vannixii is considering older/higher level vampires being damaged by sunlight at the highest level, but dose remove the ability to regenerate. Given the name of the highest level, I imagine this is because Dracula was depicted as being able to go into the sun light and it wasn't fatal for him.

Jakisthe's take is that the closer you become to being a higher level Vampire, the more intense the typical negative effects become.

I may reconsider my take, because certainly as younger vampires you should be weaker than your older vampires, but to simultaneously increase their power as older vampires and decrease their weaknesses may be too overpowering and I think the dynamics of having to vary your play style as you level could be fun as well.

-MM

Actually, my point of view is the same as for Jakisthe. As I said in my latest update to the first post, I consider vampires as "mutants" affected by a magic curse which cause them to be tainted with dark powers. The higher level the vampire gets, the greater his weakness become as the dark infection goes deeper through the human body. Only when you reach the maximum level of vampirism (which is Draculean), your weakness become slightly less significant and you gain the ability to walk into the sunlight again, because the human nature of the soul inside the body has finally been able to overcome (after a hard fight) the feral demonic-creature within.

i hope you mean by daywalking that it is only for an hour or something like that? i mean even if the human soul has overcome its curse the body is stil that of a night creature so it should still hurt you an posible kill you but after a longer time

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I do not like having a vampire turn into a wolf or a werewolf. That should be exclusive to werewolves. I think it is completely unnecessary. Other than that, great ideas. Looking forward to it after CK.

Do you think there should be a instant and intense flame of death to a very powerful vampire? If not instant, then that powerful creature can die if stayed under the sun for 5 seconds?

I know Vannixii and I share some different oppinions on our vampirism goals, although he's made me reconsider my approaches. Actually, both he and Jakisthe have provided some thoughts. I think Vannixii and I currently share a similar oppinion on this. I don't think Vannixii is considering older/higher level vampires being damaged by sunlight at the highest level, but dose remove the ability to regenerate. Given the name of the highest level, I imagine this is because Dracula was depicted as being able to go into the sun light and it wasn't fatal for him.

Jakisthe's take is that the closer you become to being a higher level Vampire, the more intense the typical negative effects become.

I may reconsider my take, because certainly as younger vampires you should be weaker than your older vampires, but to simultaneously increase their power as older vampires and decrease their weaknesses may be too overpowering and I think the dynamics of having to vary your play style as you level could be fun as well.

-MM

Actually, my point of view is the same as for Jakisthe. As I said in my latest update to the first post, I consider vampires as "mutants" affected by a magic curse which cause them to be tainted with dark powers. The higher level the vampire gets, the greater his weakness become as the dark infection goes deeper through the human body. Only when you reach the maximum level of vampirism (which is Draculean), your weakness become slightly less significant and you gain the ability to walk into the sunlight again, because the human nature of the soul inside the body has finally been able to overcome (after a hard fight) the feral demonic-creature within.

i hope you mean by daywalking that it is only for an hour or something like that? i mean even if the human soul has overcome its curse the body is stil that of a night creature so it should still hurt you an posible kill you but after a longer time

Again, it depends on the lore. Dracula (if you use that lore) could walk in the daylight. I *think* I've settled on the more advanced your stage of vampirism, the more damage you take. If not purely for a balancing behavior. I've got it implemented right now in my work, but there's a nasty side effect of not being able to Fast Travel, Sleep, or Wait at ANY time. I remember there was this limitation for Vampires in Oblivion, but it was only during the day time and when exposed to sunlight, which means I'm going to have to reinstall oblivion and see if they handled the sunlight damage via a script. My implementation only damages you in direct sunlight, but even at night the game engine still thinks you're taking damage when you certainly aren't. I think their fast travel, sleep, and wait functions don't use conditions of spells to determine if the effect is applied.

Eitherway, it'll work out in the end.

-MM

Umm, sorry to be a negative nancy, but shouldn't this be in the mod requests forum? Unless you'll be able to make all or part of this mod yourself, or are looking for advice on how to accomplish those tasks, an idea is all you have.

I'm actually working on a mod, as is Jakisthe and Vannixii (individually). These aren't requests, we're hashing out ideas with one another and in some places sharing out how to accomplish certain tasks. I think this is the perfect place no?

-MM

On that note, guys I had started a seperate thread because the challenge, at a technically level, has nothing to do with our various Vampirism mods but here's how to accomplish the constant drain as an ability, but it has a NASTY side effect.

For the spell:

SPEL
EditorId: ConstantDamageToHealth
SpellName: WhateverYouWant
Description: Damages Health Constantly
Equipment Slot: EitherHand
SpellPerk: 
Spell Flags: 0x0000
Cost: 0
SpellType: Ability
CastType: CastType0
CastAnim: None
Cast Time: 0.5
Uknown1: 0
Uknown2: 0
Effect: YourDamageEffectHere and whatever your conditions are

And your effect, which you probably want to create first:

MGEF:
EditorID: ConstantDamageHealthEffect
ItemName: Constant Damage Health Descprition Here
Description: Whatever you want to describe here
School: None
Type: None
Base Cost: 1
Skill: 0
Unk 1: 0x00000000
Unk 2 - 6, 8 and 13-15: 0
Unk 9: -1
Unk 10: 1
Actor Value: Health
Link Rec Type: 0
Effect Play Rate: 0
Cast: None

Tic the following: Hostile, Detrimental, 0x1000

I have found that Hostility is not required for this. Unfortunately, even when your condition evalutes to FALSE and the effect isn't applied. If the player has the ability assigned to them it will keep them from being able to SLEEP, FAST TRAVEL, or WAIT. Not sure what the other consequences are.

Using PEXC (from the Nexus) I was able to decompile the PlayerVampireQuest.pex script which controls vampirism and start getting to work on it a little. I added in the missing VampireStrength levels. I don't think I'll tackle fixing the SunDamage without the FAST TRAVEL/WAIT/SLEEP problem until the CK is out since I think that will need to be a seperate SCRIPTED ability. I don't mind NOT being able to FAST TRAVEL/WAIT/SLEEP while taking damage from the sun, but I shouldn't be stopped completely. Right now, it seems there's either a bug in the way the game checks to see if you're actually taking the damage (not considering the condition) or it was done a different way in Oblivion.

Edit: Either way, I can't get the script to compile and work in game, but at least I can decompile it and see that it works much the same like it did in Oblivion.

I did some vampirism modding for OB, but it was all personal things.... I never released it. I know it worked differently then but had similar FAST TRAVEL/WAIT limitations, but only when you were in the sun (taking damage of course).

-MM

Edited by MofoMojo

^^ Well that's certainly good to hear. Good luck with your mod. Sorry I didn't read through all four pages.

Sweet and thank you! I see you have a werewolf mod you're working on. I currently have a Female Thief/Hunter, an Elven Destruction/Conjuration/Vampire, and a Nord Fighter/Werewolf. I would LOVE to see the transformation done in reverse (from wolf to human form) just as well as it's done going from Human to Wolf. I'll have to check that out.

Guys,

I think I'm going to go with Water Breathing and for the water repelling, rather than repel I think I'm going to do Water Walking if I can figure out how to make it work. I've got Waterbreathing enabled now, but the Waterwalking just doesn't seem to be working right. It may not even be fully implemented... who knows.

-MM

I had an idea about the spells the vampire gains as he grows in power.

How about giving them spells like shadow whip or shadow cloak?

Shadow whip would basically be a pitch black version of a lightning blast, and instead of hitting for any elemental damage, it would instead cut into your opponent, possibly ripping limbs and appendages off.

Shadow cloak would act like a flame or frost cloak, but would the same thing that shadow tentacle does.

^^ A back to human animation is one of the things on on our list. Would a reversed version of the transformation suffice you think?

Absolutely, I personally like the human to werewolf transformation and think the reverse would be just as effective.

-MM