Restoring to the orginal Data folder in the /steamapps/common/skyrim

Lyalpha

Which esm files? Did you delete them? Why would you not want to go through Steam?

It is easy, and only takes a few clicks. It will then redownload any missing and/or altered files. I am not on my PC at the moment, but it should be somewhere in:

Library -> The Elder Scrolls V Skyrim -> right-click -> properties (or such) -> Local Files (or something) tab -> verify integrity of game cache

Something like that, I can edit it later to be precise when I get to my PC. If you have a reasonably fast Internet, it should not take too long. Next time make sure to have a backup of the original Data folder in case you delete something.

Edit: Finally on PC. This is the right way to the correct button:

"Library" -> "The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim" -> (right-click) -> "Properties" (lowest menu item) -> "Local Files" (tab) -> "Verify integrity of game cache..."

cause he prob has the craked verson like mine

Then it is impossible to get the .ESM, or any files you messed up through Steam.

• 1 year later...

I messed up installing a mod and replaced the entire data folder with the mods data folder. So I have the data the the mod changed but nothing else. I need to restore to the original data folder. Is it possible to do this via steam? Or could someone with a backup send me a .zip of the default?

You can but it will keep mods

Yes you can redownlod the entire Game via steam!

I Know i have like 5 times now trying to Fix the Dame Thing!!

If you are uninstalling Skyrim thru Steam by "deleting local files" it is no wonder that you have done it 5 times with poor results. All that does is just what it says, deletes the local files, it leaves a few hundred files behind. Steam keeps much of the data on your game in files scattered over your computer, it even has a registry file. Many issues can be solved by verifying the integrity of your game files but many times that is not enough, especially if you do not remove your ini files in Documents/My Games/Skyrim at the same time.

There are a number of guides to making Skyrim vanilla again. I would google the subject and choose one of those guides.

Sorry, did not notice the date on this post. I would delete this post if I knew how.