False "save corruption" during gameplay

Ramagast

Did Bethesda updated recently the game?

I mean... I didn't have SO MUCH issues before, with far larger build. Why do I have now, with almost the same mod-setup??? I never ever installed 20 mods and played for 2 hrs and then 5 more and played for 2 hrs.

I was always installing 20-30+ mods, testing a bit (5-10 minutes), and continue... to finish all my build and THEN started a new game. And NEVER had issues.

WHY NOW this changed???

Did (Bethesda) did something???

To actually answer the question, there was an update around the turn of the year, which is when this specific collection of symptoms (saves appearing corrupted, blank text boxes, missing dialogue options) started to appear for a number of us. Prior to that update these symptoms had never occurred on my system, nor as far as I know on anyone's system, no matter how many mods or how many strings we had.

But I'm sure if you just play the game the way Tony plays it you will be fine. It's our fault if we have the Bug, for wanting to continue playing Skyrim the way we were quite happily playing it prior to that update. Obviously we missed the memo telling us we couldn't do that any more.

Lethiel

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thxs.

So... you're saying... and suggesting... that all we knew before January, has been changed.

From now on, we should installed the "core" (important) 20+ mods and then... slowly-slowly few mods and testing for hours?

I tried this, actually. So, I had this bug while using a small number of mods, relatively lightweight and I was extremely confused.
I did a clear install (removed all mods from NMM, deleted my ini's, all this) and started anew after couple of month. I had no sighting of the bug for the longest time. I continued to add mod after mod until the game itself nearly reached a breaking point and when I though: "No, nothing is happening", the bug stroke again.

So, the thing is... it didn't gave me any relevant info. Was it just the play time? Some particular mod combination? Some wrong record created in game? I couldn't tell, as the reaction was too inconsistent.
I can say that it's not EXACTLY the strings limit. Bug strikes with much casual mod combinations when the number of strings is lower than 35K.
You can find the exhaustive summary of all our finds in one of my last posts. I should probably pin it (if I figure out how to do it).

Ramagast: sounds precisely like the strings issue. The strings you see as a total does not include dynamically assigned in game strings from quests and other in game events. That number builds up the more you do,in game.

All? You speak for everyone?

I suggest nothing I have not directly suggested. And I will not post to,convince. You have a better plan, please go with that one. I wish you luck.

As far as I can tell... there is no actual "pattern". It seems there is a "reason", but there is no "pattern", at least not so "visible".

So... I've done with it. I'll re-build my setup AS I LIKE... and I'll have the bug and live with it. And when "appears", I'll exiting the game and re-enter.

I won't start witch-hunt and loosing precious time to search... ghosts. I don't have any knowledge, I'm a simple user/gamer.

If the worst cause of this "bug" is blank notification boxes, inability to speak to some NPCs and not auto reloading a save when I die, I can deal with it. I actually only had issue once of not being able to interact with an NPC, but that was with a slightly buggy mod regardless.

I do have a question though, I did change some papyrus settings when I had issues with NPCs not reacting, and that seemed to fix my script lagging and such, at least temporarily.

Are there any other recommended settings to tweak regarding this?

It's a shame I have a top of the line computer and the software may not be tweaked to at least use a good chunk of it.