False "save corruption" during gameplay

Ramagast

Of course there is the limit at 255 .esp's but it can be circumvented by Mator's great tool Merge Plugin Standalone which allows you basically to do just that - merge plugins.

This comes in especially handy when you do modular conflict resolution (a patch (= 1 ESP) for each two mods that conflict) because I could merge 105 patches into one this way. You can load as many mods as you wish as long as they don't have a plugin (so texture, meshe, interface, sound or script replacer mods).

In my case I've got mostly simple mods like fixes and smaller tweaks and a handful of bigger overhauls for certain aspects of the game without mod stacking. That's generally considered safe modding practice.

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah I've used Wrye Bash's recommended settings to merge mods and stuff, but I've found my game stability and mod functionality drops significantly when doing so.

I have maybe 15 mods that it reads as merge-able but when I do, somethings always never works right. I just deal with leaving them alone now and avoid the 255 cap by a few.

Most of the oldrim mods I removed last night didn't even have ESPs though, mostly texture replacements.

Wrye Bash merging (Bashed Patch) is different from Merge Plugins Standalone. You should probably avoid merging mods into the Bashed Patch unless the author specifically states that it is safe to do so. The Bashed Patch mainly merges leveled lists from different mods whereas Merge Plugins Standalone merges entire mods.

Classic Skyrim mods without plugins can still cause issues, meshes for example need to be optimized for SSE and some will flat out not work and even cause crashes (like the HIGH option from Ultimate HD Fire).

Driving, working.

Not trying to impress.

At 50 I could not care less about impressions or opinions on me. I am no,one special and not interested in a flame war. Rather watch paint dry.

Anyone want my input just ask. Or post on my sot mod page. We have helped hundreds of people.

Personally, my theory is this:

BEFORE the last Skyrim update, NOBODY had problem like that - as I wrote here, I was running build with more than 357 mods (merged of course) without A SINGLE issue.

AFTER the last Skyrim update from Bethesda... a lot problems "suddenly appeared". IS IT COINCIDENT that a couple months after this last update, Bethesda launched THEIR OWN MODS PORTAL???????

So, to me, is a "FABRICATED BUG" from Bethesda, to make the users STOP USING Nexus mods but ONLY THOSE from their own "shop"!!!!!!

That's my theory! And since I'm businessman 47 years old, MAKES PERFECTLY SENSE for a company's profit.

But I won't "buy"! I will continue using the Nexus mods, with or without ANY bug they're "fabricating".

It's TOTALLY UNNATURAL... previously running the very same game... with 357 mods... and NOW... with 30-50 mods... to have issues and bugs! It's EXTREME suspicious.

Tony is a very accomplished and experienced modder who has been operating from the beginning on the basis that we do not know what we are talking about. He has never experienced the Bug himself and nor have any of his friends, and so when trying to solve it he is operating in a vacuum. I have been guilty of coming down on him too hard, and I'm sorry about that, but in the end he can't tell us what he doesn't know, so general advice is about as much as he can do in this case. He's roughly in the position of the doctor who tells all his patients, whatever their complaint, to lose weight; he's right as far as it goes, but it won't help with a sore throat. :)

Lethiel

Doctor did tell me to lose weight. 8-0

Or buy a coffin. Hate those die shakes.

I actually wish I had the bug. Let me post on my pages if anyone had it that fixed it.

Doctor did tell me to lose weight. 8-0

Or buy a coffin. Hate those die shakes.

You too huh? I thought mine was going to tell me to never come back after last time I gained more weight. Sad thing is, I'm not nearly as bad off as a lot of other people, but my triglycerides are extremely high and all my fat is strictly on my liver.

Side note as well, is anyone here very familiar with ENB settings in SE? I made another thread about particular settings, especially in consideration of night eye effects (favorite race is khajiit, complete waste to not use it.)

And in other notes to not completely derail the topic, I created a fresh new save to try and further troubleshoot.