False "save corruption" during gameplay

Ramagast

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have a really dumb question. How do I tell if my saves are corrupted as described here? Is there a different spelling of the save game? A notice?

The picture of your game saves will be all rainbow colored and say corrupt.

But when you quit and then reload and look again they'll be fine.

Lethiel

JrMods, that's a lot to take in. I've never used 3DNPCs with SSE, and only tried AFT for a short time before EFF got updated...but I do have a number of mods that I ported over from Oldrim myself, and while I did run the esp file through the Creation Kit and run NIFOptimizer on each one before rezipping it, the one thing I've never been able to do is recreate a BSA. So yes, I do have loose files, quite a few, but then I had those before the game had its last update, and this was not a problem then.

Still, you may well have a point. DId someone say they had ruled out ported Oldrim mods as a cause? I can't remember...

Lethiel

You are correct in that assertion. The corrupted images for your save games go away after you reload the game afresh, and the game will continue to run perfectly after the game is restarted with what save was reported as being corrupt - Only for the same problem to return at a random non determined time later. Actually the better indication is that message box text disappears and some dialog options will also disappear. The save you make after you notice that those things have happened will be flagged as corrupt - as will all your other saves. (until you exit the game and restart). Actually other people have noticed in this thread other niggles which indicate that their next save, (and all saves), will be flagged as corrupt, but for me those are the two indicators that the next, (and all saves), will be flagged as corrupt. My thoughts are with an array overrun type thing mixed with something which is generally random. (i.e. something spawnish). I don't actually think it's a built into the save type thing, but more of an underlying engine type thing. (ps 317 hours on SSE - good god what have I done with my life - and this is really the only 'major' - ok just annoying - thing I have experienced with the new engine build).

JrMods, that's a lot to take in. I've never used 3DNPCs with SSE, and only tried AFT for a short time before EFF got updated...but I do have a number of mods that I ported over from Oldrim myself, and while I did run the esp file through the Creation Kit and run NIFOptimizer on each one before rezipping it, the one thing I've never been able to do is recreate a BSA. So yes, I do have loose files, quite a few, but then I had those before the game had its last update, and this was not a problem then.

Still, you may well have a point. DId someone say they had ruled out ported Oldrim mods as a cause? I can't remember...

Lethiel

Yeah i didnt have any of these issues when i played before the newest patches either, all my mods worked fine. I just came back to play again and now im having nothing but issues with my saves. So the game is definitely doing something different than before. With orginal AFT if you look at the date of the file its from november, but if you look at the date of the newest ATF its from december 29th, which is right after the creation kit supposedly got and update (i havent really followed the updates, its just what i read online). So it might be linked to the creation kit thing i was talking about. Maybe the newest patch is messing with mods created before that. 99% of my mods in my load order have been updated since then, theres only been a few ive seen before then and the original ATF and 3DNPC were one of them.

In the end its just another theory we can add to this thread, but it might be something to investigate a bit. lol

Edited by JrMods

Its not one single mod unless its somehow unique for the user.

I dont use 3DNPC on my new install and i dont have it installed or downloaded.

What it does for me are the building mods like the scarlett silverstead and co. When i play with them and build stuff not 20 minutes and the save is corrupt.

Maybe its oldrim mods but i have like 19 of them and the corruption only appears now with crafting.

In the 65 hours i got 3 fake corruptions. One i tested and re added the building mods and bam fake corruption. The other 2 where crafting related but that is not triggerable.

A Bethesda game that has problems with it game save image & corruption? mmm...... Google is your friend! That problem goes back to, to to, hell it predates the nexus. Nothing special to see or read here. You think after 15 - 16 years, they would've got right. :laugh: If history any thing to go by, I would hold your breath.

A Bethesda game that has problems with it game save image & corruption? mmm...... Google is your friend! That problem goes back to, to to, hell it predates the nexus. Nothing special to see or read here. You think after 15 - 16 years, they would've got right. :laugh: If history any thing to go by, I would hold your breath.

Not really a helpful comment. I don't think it's actually saved game problem, but something intrinsically based in the new engine. When you look at it, it's all about black box analysis. Lets face it it took until early 2016 for the crash fixes author to come out for fixes for engine faults which were apparent since the games release. This is just the early days of the new SSE era. (and actually this is, in my experience, the only real problem - ps problems with people mod ordering or load out problems isn't this problem, and I'm fairly certain it's an underlying problem rather than 'mod related').