False "save corruption" during gameplay

Ramagast

Well, I just read every single post in this thread.

I now have it too.

I'm pretty sure it doesn't work that way.

Oh, I'm not native English speaker and sometimes I may phrase something badly. I meant that I have this problem too, I start searching and came along this thread and read every post here with hope that someone managed to track it down.

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sadly, not yet. But if you've read all the posts, you know what we need people to do. Send your modlist and a Bugged save game to JLeavey on the Bethesda forums. It may be hopeless, for all sorts of good reasons that have been repeatedly enumerated, but it's still worth trying, I think.

Lethiel

Well, I just read every single post in this thread.

I now have it too.

I'm pretty sure it doesn't work that way.

Oh, I'm not native English speaker and sometimes I may phrase something badly. I meant that I have this problem too, I start searching and came along this thread and read every post here with hope that someone managed to track it down.

You're fine. I was joking, because the way you phrased it made it sound like you caught a disease. lol

I wonder if deleting every save in your save folder and keeping it empty, then starting a totally new game, without adding or removing any other mods during that playthrough, could be worth testing.

I think to do that, you should save your saves in another spot just in case it does not work, I am having this issue, and have no idea how to fix it. I believe it might be a mod.

I've been having this bug for a while now and recently started a new game with LAL to test. The bug manifested in less than a minute while still in the starting prison cell. I've never had it appear that fast before. Strange. I even removed all of my form 43 mods and started a new game and still, less than a minute it manifested. This has become game breaking for me.

Try Papyrus logging. Enable the following lines on your Skyrim.ini

[Papyrus]
fPostLoadUpdateTimeMS=2000
bEnableLogging=1
bEnableTrace=1
bLoadDebugInformation=1
bEnableProfiling=1
Open the Logs folder (located in the same directory as Skyrim.ini) and open the most recent log with Notepad++. Typically the last error next to a VM Freezing text line would be the culprit of a crash.
Edited by Martimius

... the culprit of a crash.

The trouble is, what this Bug does is not crash the game. Rather, it causes books and other text displays in the game to be blank, dialogue options to disappear in the course of conversations, and all one's saves to be perceived by the game as corrupt even though they are not. I'm not sure how a Papyrus Log would find that, or how it would report it if it did.

Lethiel

I've completely re-installed Skyrim SE on my machine. I use Mod Organizer, so the mod data isn't lost.

I hope that fixes this issue, but I have my doubts. I'm just doing this based on the simple fact that the bug appeared in an update and maybe the update was improperly applied.

When I reinstalled, it appeared that there was a lot of extra stuff in the "data" subfolder that got wiped away. Maybe something there was culprit.

Anyway, I wasn't able to test this theory out yet, but I should get to it tonight.

So... there's been an interesting development. I use Mod Organizer 2, and noticed the "Hide inactive files" feature does not work in the current version. I know that the creation engine and its predecessors cannot handle more than 400 combined .esp/.esm/.bsa files in the data folder without acting strangely (even if they're inactive). I figured since starting a new game would produce the bug immediately, it was the perfect opportunity to test. I launched Wrye Bash through MO2, auto-ghosted the .esps, and started the game with the same .esps activated as before. No bug. No "corrupted" saves. No issues at all.

Can anyone else confirm if using Wrye Bash's auto-ghost feature to hide inactive mods helps the issue?