False "save corruption" during gameplay

Ramagast

I can confirm that once I removed my version of the ported SkyUI 2.2 from my game on a new character, the issue was mostly resolved. I played for hours and only experienced the issue once (after about 1.5 hours of gameplay).

Still not perfect, but much more preferable than every few minutes.

I still think this is a huge bug with the game engine though and I believe that Bethesda needs to fix this bug. I'm almost certain this issue would occur in a Vanilla setup given enough time.

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Another thing to note is that I had Skyrim set my default graphics settings on my recent playthrough and didn't let any external program touch those settings (like NVidia Experience). That may also be a huge factor in having more success.

Zaric Zhakaron has a pretty decent mod load (http://www.zhakaron.com/2017/04/nothing-special-here-skyrim-special.html) and his Twitch live playthrough didn't have have any of these issues. Note that he has a his own SkyUI port, so I might test with that one. Also, I don't know what his hardware setup is, so that may be a huge factor as well. I personally have an older machine (about four years old), so it may be just an older hardware issue.

Still, without SkyUI and 245 plugins (including SSEEdit merge patch and bashed patch), I hit the problem only once after one hour+ and that was while I was playing based on NVidia's recommended settings and not Bethesda's recommended settings.

Another thing to note is that I had Skyrim set my default graphics settings on my recent playthrough and didn't let any external program touch those settings (like NVidia Experience). That may also be a huge factor in having more success.

Zaric Zhakaron has a pretty decent mod load (http://www.zhakaron.com/2017/04/nothing-special-here-skyrim-special.html) and his Twitch live playthrough didn't have have any of these issues. Note that he has a his own SkyUI port, so I might test with that one. Also, I don't know what his hardware setup is, so that may be a huge factor as well. I personally have an older machine (about four years old), so it may be just an older hardware issue.

Still, without SkyUI and 245 plugins (including SSEEdit merge patch and bashed patch), I hit the problem only once after one hour+ and that was while I was playing based on NVidia's recommended settings and not Bethesda's recommended settings.

SkyUI might be the issue for some people, but definitely not all as I do not play with it. I do wonder about third party programs controlling or overriding graphics settings in the game. That's an interesting train I'd never followed.

Sry. Im new to this forum,

I follow this issue for awhile, is there any update regarding this problem?

Its very frustrating

I had issue with delayed saved game thumbnails before (save pictures not showing exact location we save)

But fixed after changing to TAA

Is this some how correlate with false corruption?

Because my rig is not powerful enough to run sse modded?

But when i see thereis gtx1080 also running with this problem, i doubt it

I had this problem - and I moved RDO to the bottom of my load order and it was resolved... don't use Sky UI in my build.

That's an interesting observation. I might try that as well.

Just to note, I still have encountered the issue without SkyUI or QD Inventory SSE installed, though it happened after over an hour of gameplay. And restarting Skyrim after that amount of time passing isn't that big of a deal for me.

To me this issue started happening mainly after playing oldrim mod called konahrik accoutrements on SE. I basicly went into the dungeon on the mod and after the saves there the game started corrupt saving every 20 mins. I find it odd because last time i went into the dungeon before this didnt happen though this time instead of the mod crashing my game to desktop when i tried to go deeper into the dungeon it let me go through the full dungeon but apparently something happened. Havent myself tried new save though if it would happen just cant be bothered honestly. I think after original skyrim i have been used to crashing anyway. And the stupid me playing after the dungeon completed i never reverted back on saves either and like 5-10 hours later i was like well s#*! and i was kinda like couldnt be bothered to go back on saves just to fix this issue if it would even fix it. Just my version of it anyway never really happened before this.

• 2 weeks later...

This happens to me after an extended playthrough. I've tried resaving all of my mods in the CK to make sure that they were all Form ID 44, but it still inevitably crops up. Does this have any long term consequences or is this just a mild annoyance?